Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:52:25 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A couple questions on Qvic  (Read 5068 times)
Mattnaik

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2012, 09:01:29 am »

So, yesterday I finally got my 2.5 for my pally after spending over 4 hours in The Hushed Banquet smashing barrels. I decided with a Necro and a pally with 2.5, and a warrior with a couple 2.0s (I decided to take a break from FG camping for a while) I would move on to Qvic and give it a whirl and try to work on my 3.0s.

Wow...what a difference! Trash in Ldon falls in seconds to my necro pet. This trash...hits HARD! I first tried tanking with my warrior. He's sitting at around 13k HP. I can usually survive a single pull assuming there isnt more than a second between pally procs, otherwise it's party wipe. My necro pet can take the damage by himself no problem but I got to the first named and wiped there. It's really hard to believe that this is the next step in progression. I feel like I skipped a bunch of stuff.

My first question is what can I do to ease this transition? Would spending time grinding out Ldon armor be worth it? Any cards I get now, I sell for charm upgrades. I mean I'm getting pretty much two-shotted by trash, I can't see another 1-2k HP making much of a difference. Should I fill out my group to 6? I've been putting this off till I hit a wall with progression and needed it. Most people say I should be able to get through T2 with Warrior/Pally/Necro.

I asked in OOC yesterday what I should do and most people suggested buying a Qvic run. Well I only have about 60k right now so I assume that won't cover a run but I could be wrong. I plan on donating and using the EZ credits for plat so eventually I can afford that. My question is, if I get my 3.0 via buying a run, who should i 3.0 first? Necro or the Pally? I don't think the size of heals is the problem its the damage mitigation and general lack of HP that's causing my issues with surviving. So my gut says go with the Necro because the pet is just immortal and can take a beating.

Also, I wasn't sure how the armor works. I know you need a gem and an armor piece and you combine them in the magic box to get your armor. My question is, are the armor pieces that drop class specific or are they generic and which ever class does the combine, they get armor specific to their class. Just curious if I should bring all my toons on a Qvic run if I buy one so they can loot any armor specific to their class if that was necessary.

Hulkmad
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 09:24:34 am »

FWIW Ldon to Qvic is probably the steepest difficulty curve on the server, other than maybe T4 to T5. (T1 to T2 can also be a little rough if your dps is really bad). Make sure your paladin at least has an oracle charm from LDON. You might also want to consider finding someone of a similar gear level to you to team up with.

Once your warrior has a 3.0 though (Twinkle toes is a joke compared to MoW) you can go around plane of dragons looting the components to make your warrior the aoe anger augs (ask other players politely if you can loot them, very important), then finishing up grinding your qvic and tacvi armor for your guys will be a lot easier since your warrior will (comparatively) do a ton more damage.
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 09:35:06 am »

I can help you out with a run on your war and pali, that should help quite a bit.  Most of us did have help at this stage. I remember having the same issues, but was better (though still rough) after my war had help with his 3.0.
A second pali would help also, you will need one for sure later on anyways. Also make sure your pali (s) have oracle charm, level 1 at the very least and use healing focus (level 1 spell). With level 1 oracle and focus you will have +200% healing power.
Main is Arkain in game, shoot me a tell.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 09:45:10 am »

The two biggest things you can do to help your group right now is doing your FG for your warrior and finishing out the warrior and the paladins ldon gear. The added hit points and ac from the ldon gear will help out a lot. While you are at it get the boots for your necro as it is a pet focus that adds a little bit to your pet, (must have on while casting the pet). The FG is going to have the biggest impact though. Setting most of your stats to 400 and defense to 270 should help you mitigate a lot of damage. Until you get your warriors aoe augs your paladin will likely be tanking your adds as his heal agro should pick them up.

When you get to the bosses leave the warrior on the main boss. If you don't have augs for your paladin yet then leave him on the main boss too. If you do have augs for him then you will need to switch him to the adds as they pop so you don't end up with multiple sets of adds up. How you handle your pet will be key in your survivability. As the adds pop, burn them down with the pet. Don't try to just burn the boss down and deal with the adds when you are done because you are going to get overwhelmed. Unless it has changed as soon as the boss ramps your pet is going to target the boss again so you are going to want to watch that. That right there got me killed more than anything in that zone. You will want to pull your pet back off and tell him to attack the right mob again.

Good Luck.

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 12:37:37 pm »

Good to see you on the forums again xiggie. People always told me to skip ldon gear and save it for points towards charms. With the exception of the pet focus on the boots he should be able to pull it off with warrior in FG and using your strat.

Don't forget there is a pet focus to get in qvic also that has better stats.

Oh don't forget the staff of fluxing power for paly and necro and farm ldon 4 until paly and necro have oracle 11

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 01:07:53 pm »

Oh don't forget the staff of fluxing power for paly and necro

If I had 1million to spend on 2 staffs I would just buy a couple Qvic runs Smiley

Hulkmad
Dreyitt

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 03:16:22 pm »

I went through qvic with my mage pet tanking bosses and a cleric spamming gheals to keep it alive. I had my pally peel adds off the pet and zerker/pally killed adds. It was slow but i could do it with a mage pet, so i assume you could do it with a necro pet if you're into doing things on your own. Clerics are nice thing to have through progression and even farming because of their instant group heal and divine intervention, and later on they get some high tier spells that are amazing.
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 05:49:00 pm »

Xiggie got it 100% right.  A lot of people will tell you to skip getting your LDoN armor, since it's not that great of an upgrade, and it isn't.  But that little bit will do a lot more than you think if you are having problems.  Raw HP, AC as well as combat deffensive stats all are good things to have, even in small numbers at that point in the game.  It's not just visable gear either, make sure you have all your trinkets ( earrings, rings, belts, necklaces ) as well, since they too have combat/deffense stats in addition to just HP AC. 
I would say FG for your Warrior should be your #1 priority before going back to Qvic,  not only does it give you your 2.5's, but as Xiggie said, it maxes all your skills, even above normal skill levels.  If you are having any aggro issues, being FG flagged means you can pick up level 1 Angry Nerd augs for your warrior, no damage but huge aggro procs.  500 HP food never hurt either.
Qvic will get exponetially easier with each piece of gear you get for your Warrior, and he should be your top priority for gear over your Paladin.  Armor is not class specific, it is type specific, IE: Plate, Chain, Silk, Leather.
Be sure you are offtanking with the Paladin and burning adds along with the Necro, that will greatly reduce the damage your Warrior is taking.  It only takes an extra 1-2 adds on you Warrior in addition to the boss to make things go very bad very fast.
What you are trying to do is very possible, I fought my way all the way to T3 with just a Ranger, Warrior and Paladin.  You have to make sure you have compleatly finished the previous content before you can attempt to move on.  If you try to skip ahead, it will cause a lot of head ache and grief.
If you do all the above and are still having issues, spend some time in LDoN, get your Paladin up to at least Oracle 11 for the extra healing.
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 07:59:46 pm »

Oh don't forget the staff of fluxing power for paly and necro

If I had 1million to spend on 2 staffs I would just buy a couple Qvic runs Smiley
Crap, I forgot the price was raised.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 08:46:39 pm »

Another thing I didn't even think about is AA's. Having a few of those helps out a lot.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 78