Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 12:23:12 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Public Apology  (Read 22130 times)
biscuits2455

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2012, 12:35:12 pm »

Last night a total of 9 accounts were banned. 3 of which were not mine.

My Paladins Name was Duke Buckfutter Fuckbutter. Inspired by this episode of Celeb jeopardy

http://youtu.be/9dT02XNRCx4

I would like to say I'm sorry to those that it offended. I played this char to 70 and got a 3.0 before anyone even said anything about it. For whatever reason last night was the night someone was offended by the profanity. I immediately changed my surname and apologized.

I have never given anyone problems here. I don't troll and in fact I have helped a lot of people on my BL main named Simoncat. I have spent countless hours PLing and doing runthroughs to help newer players aquire epics.

In short I wanted to first apologize to those that I offended, but also show that I'm not a random ez server troll. I am a helpful productive part of the EZ community that wants to see everyone enjoy the server. If any of you remember Simoncat from Iggles helping you please feel free to speak up here and let everyone know that I've done much more good than bad. Hopefully the bans can get lifted eventually. I think its a bit extreme to ban so many accounts because of one four letter word and zero trolling, but rules are rules.

I'm sorry and thank you for your time. 
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 01:20:52 pm »

Big of you to apologize, rules are rules. If you make some new char I would be willing to help you out.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 01:35:54 pm »

Little surprised all of your accounts were banned, but that is up to hunter's discretion. While I doubt he'll flip them, if you end up needing a hand in game with kills at all on fresh toons can hit me up
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 01:51:22 pm »

. And now since you got your account and your friends accounts banned your all apologetic.... Didn't you say last night you would not be banned
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 02:09:49 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 02:07:59 pm »

So common sense would say...

Sorry no tears here
biscuits2455

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 02:37:34 pm »

Yeah I did say I wouldn't get banned. That chars been played for months like that and no one said a word. So I figured it wasn't a big Issue. Good job on your part though.

It makes me laugh that you can post RMT on the forums, but something like that gets you banned. Why even let the surname bot let you put it in if its against the rules?

I also thought maybe hunter would take into account the fact that I've been a very helpful and polite player.

Looks like the guys that were acting like trolls were right though.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 02:53:14 pm »

Based on your posting history you've been around for 2 years.  I assume in that time you might have seen a few threads with pictures of people that broke the name rules.  Knowing what happens to those people and continuing to play your toon with that name is just dumb.

If you had been smart you would have just stopped playing that toon and then there would have been no issue.  By your own admission you were clearly arrogant enough to think the rules don't apply to you, and you were wrong.  Anything you say now has to be taken with a grain of salt as it is more you trying to save your ass than it is a genuine apology.
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 03:34:15 pm »

Its a bummer that that all the accounts were banned, but when you name a character something and you think to yourself " it Should be ok.." Thats usually a good sign that it Wont be.  Roll Eyes
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 04:13:14 pm »

And just to be clear for everyone else, even without the surname your name was, in my mind, still a violation of the rules. Buckfutter seems pretty obviously a play off of Buttfucker. You don't have to offend anyone to get banned, all you have to do is break the rules. Being all cocky and saying you wont get banned and then calling those who turned you over trolls makes your apology sound more like passive aggressive antagonism.

biscuits2455

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 09:35:52 pm »

Finished downloading Champions online for free! Gonna see if Buckfutter will fly there. (maybe thats a superpower)
Jibekn

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 10:36:21 pm »

Now while I agree that his name was offensive, allow me to play devils advocate here and then explain my reasoning.

"NO BAD WORDS
Offensive words in names or public chat will not be tolerated, such as anything sexual, racist, hateful, etc. "

Thats the official rule.

It just seems.. vague and really open to interpretation. Sure, I think I get the spirit of it, but wheres the line in the sand? Is there room for humor? Can we get a couple examples beyond the OP's obviously too far name? I don't mean to imply that wherever Hunter says the line is, it shouldn't be there. I just want to know where it is.

Would the name porkmaster violate the sexual rule? Off the top of my head.

I would just love to see 3 or 4 examples of "this is too far" in the rules. Are we at PG-13? 16M? G?

My pondering, and questions, are because I have a similar play on words, but a much more light hearted one(I think). I have a monk named Slitchbap, which I figured was a pretty amusing name for a monk, and was fairly certain it would be tame enough for an emu server.

Now I'm not so sure, and I sure don't want all my characters banned  Shocked

Drast

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 10:50:51 pm »

I'm pretty sure it was the Surname that got him banned.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 11:06:28 pm »

The line in the sand is when Hunter decides to ban you or not. 

If you have to worry about the name crossing the line then it probably does.  It isn't hard to pick names that aren't anywhere near the line, so if you decide to pick something questionable and you get banned you only have yourself to blame.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 11:17:12 pm »

If you have to worry about the name crossing the line then it probably does.

That is all Sirs.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 11:58:51 pm »

UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081