Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 12:17:56 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Public Apology  (Read 22123 times)
napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 02:02:52 am »

DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE! SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT!!!
Puyol

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2012, 10:11:56 am »

hate, you stole all the blankets off the bed again last night. do it again and I'm gonna UNCE you off the bed!
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2012, 10:26:45 am »

There are a lot of things "Funny" but also there are rules to follow....

If I was you I would send Hunter an email and plead with him.. Attempts to argue the rules on the forums won't get ya anywhere.

He doesn't need to provide examples when you are doing a good job in it yourself..

The line is there, again if you have to ask yourself where it is like Lerxst said then you already are on the wrong side of it.

"NO BAD WORDS
Offensive words in names or public chat will not be tolerated, such as anything sexual, racist, hateful, etc. "

I would just love to see 3 or 4 examples of "this is too far" in the rules. Are we at PG-13? 16M? G?

My pondering, and questions, are because I have a similar play on words, but a much more light hearted one(I think). I have a monk named Slitchbap, which I figured was a pretty amusing name for a monk, and was fairly certain it would be tame enough for an emu server.

/quote]

NO BAD WORDS
Offensive words in names or public chat will not be tolerated, such as anything sexual, racist, hateful, etc.

USE COMMON SENSE
Just because I haven't listed a rule, doesn't mean you can't get banned for a certain action. Use your head, You know right and wrong. Don't be an idiot or you'll get banned.

These rules are subject to change. Please check them frequently cause ignorance of the rules will not prevent you from getting banned.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 10:28:37 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2012, 12:37:19 pm »

Jibekn, you might as well hold your breath. Making a logical statement like you did only gets useless unneeded responses. I feel you are making a legitimate request, and I hope you can get a real answer bud.

As far as your name goes. I could care less, does not bother me one bit. It is the humorless folks you have to worry about.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2012, 12:43:40 pm »

Jibekn, you might as well hold your breath. Making a logical statement like you did only gets useless unneeded responses. I feel you are making a legitimate request, and I hope you can get a real answer bud.

As far as your name goes. I could care less, does not bother me one bit. It is the humorless folks you have to worry about.

Yet another worthless post from unreal, your ambivalent actions just make me care less and less about you..
  Point give a inch they run wild, hell they can't even police their selves on a day to day basis... It's Hunter's rules his server...deal with it or don't..

-Hate"
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2012, 12:50:50 pm »

Not really.... He is just requesting more descriptive rules, and he has that right.

If the law says no speeding or you will get a ticket, I want to see speed limit signs...

Same thing
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2012, 12:53:49 pm »

Not really.... He is just requesting more descriptive rules, and he has that right.

If the law says no speeding or you will get a ticket, I want to see speed limit signs...

Same thing

Pretty sure common sense covers all that. ...

-Hate"
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2012, 01:02:17 pm »

And I agree with you Fugitive. The thing is, this guy probably has an established toon, with time invested. He is nervous now cause of the banning. Before he did not think it broke the rules, and now he is not so sure. He just wants an answer so he does not end up in the boat the OP did.

And you are right, my posts are pointless. These guys can argue their own points.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2012, 07:13:44 pm »

He can ask for anything he likes, but don't confuse that with having rights.  Hunter can ban you for any reason he likes, rules or no rules.  Wanting more descriptive rules implies that someone wants to try and test the line as much as possible but still feel like they can say "But it wasn't against the rules!" when they get banned.  That kind of thinking doesn't work, and it shouldn't.

The rules, as written, are more than adequate for anyone to play here and never have trouble.  Most people would never have trouble here even if they never read the rules as common sense and being a decent person gets you 99% of the way there.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2012, 07:24:14 pm »

Anyone that I have ever seen on these forums, and forums previous to this that ever said that the rules were vague or open to interpretation was just looking for ways to get around the rules. The rules are very clear and precise.

Jibekn

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2012, 07:30:25 pm »

And I agree with you Fugitive. The thing is, this guy probably has an established toon, with time invested. He is nervous now cause of the banning. Before he did not think it broke the rules, and now he is not so sure. He just wants an answer so he does not end up in the boat the OP did.

And you are right, my posts are pointless. These guys can argue their own points.

This is exactly it.

If the price of failure is losing all 12 of my accounts.. yeah, I want to know what the speed limit is, if the penalty is that high, it shouldn't be an unreasonable request.

I honestly see no problem with my toons name, I think its light hearted and humorous, PG-13 at the absolute worst, and im really not expecting an emu server to enforce G rated chat/naming, I read the rules as "keep it PG and don't be a dick"  am I wrong?

Someone quoted the common sense part of the rules, my common sense says my toons name is just fine, but if im wrong, ide like to know it. It wont be the first time Ive been wrong, and $deity knows it wont be the last.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2012, 07:53:21 pm »

NO BAD WORDS
Offensive words in names or public chat will not be tolerated, such as anything sexual, racist, hateful, etc.

Players that break the rules might get deleveled to level 1, suspended, banned, or have all his accounts banned.

I am not sure how this is open to interpretation. It is common knowledge that cuss words are referred to as bad words. Just because you switch a few letters around does not exempt you from naming rules.

Jibekn

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2012, 08:06:06 pm »

NO BAD WORDS

Players that break the rules might get deleveled to level 1, suspended, banned, or have all his accounts banned.

I am not sure how this is open to interpretation. It is common knowledge that cuss words are referred to as bad words. Just because you switch a few letters around does not exempt you from naming rules.

Ive come across people in this life that think "Fiddlesticks" is a bad word, Ive watched childhood friends get grounded for calling a sibling "silly" as their parents said not to use such awful language. My interpretation says the name Slitchbap is fine, sure if you start playing anagrams, you'll find the word bitch, and slap, and that's the joke. But its not overt, and nothing I would label as a 'bad word'.

But again, Im me, you're you, we all have our own lines where we draw at which words are 'bad'.

And quite frankly our opinions don't matter, Hunters does.

I hate to say it, but no, its not clear. At least not to me as Ive some seriously messed up definitions of "Bad words" over the years.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2012, 08:07:24 pm »

If I was you I would send Hunter an email and plead with him.. Attempts to argue the rules on the forums won't get ya anywhere.

Since you clearly missed that..

also as Lerxst clearly said.. These Rules are not hard to follow.. why should they be bent for you?! If the community is saying hey man you probably are in the wrong.. chances are they are right..

but shrug I guess the sky is orange and moons taste like marshmallows..

« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 08:11:18 pm by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2012, 08:12:46 pm »

If you have a problem distinguishing that bitchslap is a bad word then you are choosing to take that view. I refuse to believe that someone who has enough intelligence to breath would not be smart enough to realize that bitchslap qualifies as a bad word. As for the other words, people who think that are few and far between, thus making those extreme views. I can't make you use common sense, but I do suggest strongly that you use it when interpreting the rules.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 138