Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:46:16 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Updates 09-04-12  (Read 6438 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2012, 03:48:58 am »

Added Beastlord, Ranger, and Shaman (Epic) Pets to the group of quest code that allows players to buff from their pets. This is in prep to move pet code away from default.pl in the templates folder which is how we do our Halloween event. This will also allow you to use those pets to buff up in Abyss T5 zone since that zone has its own default.pl file as well.

Preparing to tweak the upcoming Halloween Event by adding some new stuff, such as higher tier bosses and new rewards. Found some cool looking Halloween weapons available that will probably make for the event. Might require Underfoot to see the weapons though.

Soon I'll start looking at new mounts besides horses and lizards, and new epic graphics as well that can be used by Underfoot clients. Might start adding them in T7 zone when I make that soon over the next 1-3 months.

There are a ton of new weapon graphics available to people using Underfoot. I'll probably make your current 6.0+ epics tradeable to the Epic Vendor in exchange for an Augment of similar stats to the Epic. Then with the new Weapon Graphics now available, you'll be able to farm the new weapons graphics and then you can insert your Epic Augment into it. This will allow players to customize the graphics of their Epic Weapon . Hope that makes sense.

So we're looking at having some new stuff to look at between now and the end of the year with new mounts and weapon graphics. Not sure what armor graphics are available. I'll have to look into that as well. If they are available, then I'll make that part of T7 as well.

New spell ranks obviously will be available with each new tier coming out, thanks to the help from Hate.

Updated current spell file today to 090412 to reflect the changes of removing illusion from root.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 03:54:41 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 04:23:02 am »

There are a ton of new weapon graphics available to people using Underfoot. I'll probably make your current 6.0+ epics tradeable to the Epic Vendor in exchange for an Augment of similar stats to the Epic. Then with the new Weapon Graphics now available, you'll be able to farm the new weapons graphics and then you can insert your Epic Augment into it. This will allow players to customize the graphics of their Epic Weapon . Hope that makes sense.

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 04:33:04 am »

That weapon graphic idea is amazing

Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 06:28:12 am »

Grin

Nice. Some people dont care about grafix. But i ilike it.
khungfu

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 06:58:58 am »

Im with Nexxel I DO care about the graphic, so i think this is awsome... Hunter is there any way you could add more lvls? or you thinking about it?
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 08:02:22 am »

http://pastebin.com/1VBmLKAY

Get the dragitemXX.tga - dragitemXXX.tga files that you are missing. IE patch to live or find someone to provide a zip file with those.
They go inside everquest\uifiles\default

Paste bin provided is a direct replacement for EQUI_Animations.xml
Includes up to dragitem114.tga -
You can now see just a little bit more.

Also its to easy to copy/paste your eq client, patch to live and pick up all kinds of missing .s3d and .eqg files which will let you see new (for emu) stuff that a server op may decide to use.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 10:58:43 am »

Just to be clear, my message was about liking the graphics options. I think that is extremely awesome to be able to pick any weapon in the game and use that graphic. I am hoping that Hunter will just go across the board and put all the aug slots that our current epics have in every weapon in the game.

finch053

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 11:32:18 am »

I don't like the look of the SK 4.0 i liked the 3.0 better to bad i can't change that one Smiley
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 12:30:55 pm »

Just to be clear, my message was about liking the graphics options. I think that is extremely awesome to be able to pick any weapon in the game and use that graphic. I am hoping that Hunter will just go across the board and put all the aug slots that our current epics have in every weapon in the game.

Though the idea of everything haveing the slots is somewhat appealing, i actually like the idea of it being for 6.0+. Now some people might say that is eleetist or whatever they want to think but to me it shows that you get something extra fror the effort you put into it.

And for the record My opinion is comming from being on the server since last november and just now breaking into T5 on my own, so i have no idea how long it would be till i could see the benefit/reward of ner grafix on my own toons.

But, it something I look forward to working tword  Cool
Puyol

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 12:41:00 pm »

These updates seem really awesome, and i am very hopeful for the upcoming stuff. thanks Hunter, and Mr. Hate for the hard work.  Its definitely appreciated! I'm at work so i can't explore with this yet, but are the new weapon graphics available now or is this something thats coming out with the T7? I am a big fan of weapon graphics and even though a lot of them are very cool i cant wait to change up the look of my squad!
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 03:51:46 pm »

Though the idea of everything haveing the slots is somewhat appealing, i actually like the idea of it being for 6.0+. Now some people might say that is eleetist or whatever they want to think but to me it shows that you get something extra fror the effort you put into it.

Never really understood this point of view. Do they not already have better gear and leet weapon augs as a result of their hard work and effort? Why separate the community via aesthetics. Hunter is introducing a fun concept for all and I would bet the better the graphic the harder the farm.

Xiggie has got it right. With epic augs replacing epic weapons, I could old school my epics, and personally this is what I imagine my Iksar should be wielding.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 96
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)