Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 10:38:07 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: WARNING! Purging Characters!  (Read 5730 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2012, 10:23:16 pm »

I got a nice efficient tool from Hate to purge toons from character_ table, inventory table, et.

Running of a back up of EZ Server for testing purposes I deleted any characters older than 3 years for last time logged in. That reduced the records in the character_ table from 103,000 to 91,000 and reduced the table size from 1.92 GB to 1.69 GB.

In 1 month, on Nov 15th 2012 (or shortly after) I will be doing this on our live EZ Server. We will be deleting all characters that haven't logged in for over 3 years.

Then possibly next year maybe Jan or Feb of 2013, we might go back to 2 or 2 1/2 years.

For now I won't cut it any shorter than that unless I can filter play time under few hours total played + older than 1 year.

Just trying to keep the server running fast as possible for database access, and make backups smaller / quicker.

I've done other minor things in the database that shouldn't affect anyone except make the server go faster database wise (bandwidth is same for now).

Best fix or update in the history of EQEMU was when the Dev's fixed the zone memory leak that generally crashed the zone during heavy combat. We're living the good life now after that fix. Hopefully Halloween will prove to run smoothly without much zone crashing.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 12:59:07 am »

*Thumbs up* best thing since the tacos infront of me now Cheesy
Love a faster server
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 07:27:04 am »

Remember, remember, the 15th of November, the character purge was hot.
I know of no reason, the character purge season, should ever be forgot.

*snicker*

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats