Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 05:14:18 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: UNICORN EVENT  (Read 8316 times)
wolfegunr

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2012, 09:40:15 am »

We tried the unicorn event with 150 people, we lagged terrible and died. This event has not been beaten without the top 1% people here... blarr, strix, fugitive. We do have Natedog though, who is awful proud of his 1 mil hps.

WE are trying this one more time, right now... with T6 only in zone. If this attempt fails, It will prove that this event is way too hard for the people of this server. (its pretty much already been proven but this will really put the nail in the coffin)

Hunter I wish you were on to see it. Going to post results after we are done. Thanks for your time.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 10:03:34 am »

We tried the unicorn event with 150 people, we lagged terrible and died.

This is why it is failing.

wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 10:05:06 am »

Well, we did better this time but better than nothing still isn't much. Got unicorn to about 85%? Before we desynced with 70ish T6-geared, main groups only in the zone fighting him.

What this says is plane. Yes, he has been killed with 200 in zone and everyone but a few went ld and only a couple got reward for kill, but that's hardly the point.

This encounter is much too strong for the server, needs to be tweaked to allow mid range 6.0 groups to kill... somewhere around 4 groups.

The insane goblin also is ridiculous and only the top top few are able to kill it with any success as well, much like last year with the SM... only worse.

If this content cant be killed by 4 groups of T6s, then there are too many toons in the zone, and the mob is too hard to be considered raidable. Only a HUGE zerg and an  insane amount of luck to not desync nets any reward.

Obviously this is not working as intended, I really do wish we could have all sat around and had great tales to tell about all of us working together as we sift through our bountious loots but that simple is not going to happen with these events like they are.

I encourage anyone else who was there to pls post, Hunter will listen to us, this content after all is for us.

Thank you.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 10:07:15 am »

I want to be clear that I want to work for my reward. I love a challenge. But we just rallied the server together and used best case scenario and it was a failure. I have been working hard this entire event, only have 1 of 3 SM corpses looted to show for it... and I am having to move my home during this too so I wont have all the time I wanted. Look forward to it being tweaked.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 10:10:04 am »

How many of those toons were UC'd and fully aug'd?

1flytrapp
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 10:20:00 am »

i agree with Wolfegunr the Insane Goblin and Black Unicorn is Rediculious its like they was Created 2 or 3 peeps . i had a blast last halloween. i cant say the same this time. the lag is unbearable. i can hardly play in event zones and Poearth is just crazy lag/desync
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 10:26:08 am »

All were T6. given they were UC'd.  Main groups only. I myself have 40 shield, 6.0s, Ucv2. Natedog has all UCv2s, Enosis has UCv2's godz has many UCV2s. These were solid T6 groups.

As for goblin, yes I know the strat. 3-4 groups and dispell constantly with 6 toons. The rebuff needs to be interruptable/have a refresh and the regen needs knocked down probably by half or so.

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 05:59:38 pm »

Unicorn goes from 150 turn in... to 1000 turn in. Not sure why but it is currently bugged like that

Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 06:10:17 pm »

Currently the public is bugged and requiring 1000.

It seems to only happen after Unicorn is popped. Happened to me once in GI, remade and was fine. The next time it didn't bug out (in GI).

Blarr!
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 09:02:40 pm »

Unicorn goes from 150 turn in... to 1000 turn in. Not sure why but it is currently bugged like that

Yes quoting myself...

But the 1000 was just a visual error when it got to 150 / 1000 ... the Unicorn still spawned normally and we proceeded to pound his face in.

Kenshou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 11:24:38 am »

Been doing this with 25 people, not that hard, you have to many in zone.
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 01:20:15 pm »

What kinda loots does this drop?

Hulkmad
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 03:13:01 pm »

Has anybody come across, what I think is a bug, where the  event stops giving characters Black Unicorn Reward's claiming You cannot pick up %1 because it is a lore item you posses, even though the character doesn't have the reward?

I have checked by hand all these characters inventories and banks. Used MQ2 to check. It's not on cursor. Logged, zoned, camped, quit, hailed, not hailed, etc. It never shows up, but the event and reward npc always claim I have one.

Probably something silly, but, ?

Blarr!
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 11:13:02 pm »

Once we lucked into a a few melees with the unicorn weapons, this encounter became easy with two groups of t5/t6 toons. Without unicorn gear, beating this encounter is a fluke occurrence.

Main: Bubbin
Madthrok

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 10:15:43 am »

Huge thanks to Focus Hope last night downing a couple Unicorns in public for the server. Got some fun loot.

Also thanks to the whole server for staying out of the zone till FH told us to come in. This kept the lag down and allowed them to kill very quickly.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65016
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 207