Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 06:38:34 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Exp Potion  (Read 27026 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 06:47:19 pm »

I want to keep essences high demand / value

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 06:48:13 pm »

I can always set this rule to false if people want.

+1 for false

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 06:49:23 pm »

I understand, the ninja to the drop rates is proof  Grin.

I don't see many of the XP-Pots being made unless they are the lower end essences  Grin

I do like the ideas though not crapping on anything just with the demand of them being used in the stuff that is more materialistic augs/neck.. then maybe a few of us high enders will burn a few then realize.. meh...

Example: There are still players clearing T5 2-3 times a day and not 1 essence is dropping off of 20-40 boss kills per clear.. including the higher % white.. (White should be like OMM... 1 on him along with 4.5 book and a random T5 spell (wrong thread I'm sorry))
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 06:54:37 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 06:55:36 pm »

I understand, the ninja to the drop rates is proof  Grin.

I don't see many of the XP-Pots being made unless they are the lower end essences  Grin

I do like the ideas though not crapping on anything just with the demand of them being used in the stuff that is more materialistic augs/neck.. then maybe a few of us high enders will burn a few then realize.. meh...

Example: There are still players clearing T5 2-3 times a day and not 1 essence is dropping off of 20-40 boss kills per clear.. including the higher % white.. (White should be like OMM... 1 on him along with 4.5 book and a random T5 spell (wrong thread I'm sorry))
+4

Stuff4Sale

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 07:21:38 pm »

Since just about everything requires essences anymore, I don't think you're going to have a problem with "high value."
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 07:24:35 pm »

I can always set this rule to false if people want.

+1
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 07:31:46 pm »

I don't see many of the XP-Pots being made unless they are the lower end essences  

I think Hunter if you are planning on players actualy using something to make the potions to aquire them beside drops off of mobs regardless of how rare the drop is, you wont see many useing any of the higher essences (my guess gods minor and above) for something that is CONSUMABLE when those same essences are more usefull and valuable in a Durable item.

I understand your desire to keep them valuable, but hate to see your time, effort ect, put into a item that may not be utilized due to the needed components value.
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2012, 08:05:30 pm »

+1 to False

Also, the potions were made in the intent for rare drops in tiered zones T1-T6, hence the 6 different potions. I can't make hunter do it this way, i can just help create the items and hand them over to him, ultimately it is his decision.

I vote no on essences for the potions, since there is something else in the works that will take essences pretty soon.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2012, 10:04:46 pm »

At what rate would exchanging an essence for an exp potion be worth it?

Maybe 1 essence for a 10 dose potion? That would give a total of 5 hours for increased experience from 30 minute buffs. Also the buffs would probably last longer than 30 minutes with worn focus effects anyway. 

I don't want to give unlimited charge exp potion and make the RoA quest trivial. Its suppose to take a long time. Good stats vs time it takes to get it.

I can still make it a rare drop like the essence are a rare drop too.

Potion doses, duration, and price are not finalized yet, trying to find a good balance making them worth it while still keeping RoA a challenge.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2012, 11:29:40 pm »

Well i think you should do both tbh...make a exp pot that is made thru crafters guild that is tradeable..but also make a better xp pot that is a rare drop in the higher teirs *like T5-T7* where when RNG hates you it gives you a water flask *hmm eveyrone knows about the T5 water flasks..i mean  mounts hehe* like have a 10 dose drop very rarely so that it could be sold or kept...but also make it lore?
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2012, 01:35:03 am »

Rare drops from raid zones would be fine by me. Since I get almost no AAs while doing raid groups.

But its really hard to say which way is better.. since you could make a bunch if you have a ton of saved up essences.

lookin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2012, 06:25:27 pm »

to prevent trivializing the roa from 1-100 you could conceivably put a lvl restriction on the higher percentage potions and set the higher percentages to work on aa (which i don't remember if they did in live or not) since grinding the aa to go from 101 to 500 will take longer than levels from 1-100
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2012, 03:42:31 pm »

i use my 30% potion after one clicky all 5 goes and flask goes... and buff holding only 2mins on me...

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 04:23:23 pm »

i use my 30% potion after one clicky all 5 goes and flask goes... and buff holding only 2mins on me...

The spell duration is scaled by your level... it could be changed.. but would need to know what Hunter thinks on that one.

I thought the whole idea of experience pots was for players who are Max level trying to get AA because you gain considerably LESS experience while in a raid.

So when you get a rare drop from a potion you can go out and use it solo to get some RoA levels for 101 ++

Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 06:11:50 pm »

i has no problem on 2 mins mostly 5 charges on it and after one click all goes !

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 65
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)