Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 03:24:21 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Thoughts!  (Read 9929 times)
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2012, 07:25:03 pm »

Thoughts and Ideas

Bash them or add to them it's all good either way.

1. Essences
This will still keep them in HIGH demand, I know I still use these on a day to day basis it seems, now along with having to make 4-6 Necklaces that's a lot of essences players are in need of and that players will part with

T1- 20% chance to drop off Shai(worm) (and whatever other bosses the as is %)
T2- 20% chance to drop off Kronos (and whatever other bosses the as is %)
T3- 15% chance to drop off H1N1 (and whatever other bosses the as is %)
T4- 15% chance to drop off Warlord (and whatever other bosses the as is %)
T5- (1) Essence, (1) 4.5 book, (1) T5 Spell From White (or a 50% for the Essences) (and whatever other bosses the as is %)
T6- (1) Essence, (1) 6.0 book, (1) T6 Spell from OMM (and whatever other bosses the as is %) (Include 6,7,8 bosses)

2. Gear
I know this is going to butt hurt some folks...but here we go. (Not the T2 and upward Flags and what-nots)

Qvic-T1 remove the No drop tag.

3. RoA

Remove swimming 100+ Mod ( I don't have any clue what to use there if anything at all )
Maybe add something to extend duration of beneficial spells instead and I'm only talking 101+.

4. T6 5.5 Pages

I don't know what is up with page 3, 6, and 9 but it seems most of my goons and players I talk to are and have been missing these pages for way way way to long

+ the % to pop a Mini spawn rates.

5. Shadow

Add a 7 limit jump, players that chase him this long really deserve the book and items. They are committed.

6. LDON

Small % bump in Card rates all zones (2-4% bump) T5 and upward require a lot of DPS and the noobs do need to get caught up with us a little faster so we can guild them.

7. HoH

I love to hate this zone, I can never get away from it..

Small % bump to Charm drops (2-3% bump avatar wide) T5 and upward require a lot of DPS and the noobs do need to get caught up with us a little faster so we can guild them.

8. Instances

Bring back instancing of CG/FG zones (drop the group and solo instancing of them though(it's better then nothing))

I don't expect Hunter or the other players to agree with any or all of these, just trying to throw some stuff out there to discuss. I have no ill intentions with this post either, I am not trying to piss Hunter off at all. This is a fun fun server just throwing out some thoughts.

This is a fun as hell server as you can tell with my play time.

The distance between the new players and old-timers is getting farther and farther apart. The content is still strong enough imho to support some of these ideas.

Thanks as always

Fugitive - Gnomer4LIFE

« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 07:42:19 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 07:29:10 pm »

Add some SLS to White and OMM

Still loving T5 all of it!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 07:31:53 pm by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 07:47:59 pm »

I agree with all of that and don't think any of it would effect the server negatively. Additionally a suggestion for the RoA 125 and up. Add exp potion to it. As you go higher the amount of exp pots and the time required to summon them gets better. All of them being the 60% 30min version.

125 - 1 exp potion every 22 hours (1 Charge)
150 - 1 exp potion every 20 hours (1 Charge)
175 - 1 exp potion every 18 hours (1 Charge)
200 - 1 exp potion every 24 hours (2 Charges)
225 - 1 exp potion every 22 hours (2 Charges)
250 - 1 exp potion every 20 hours (2 Charges)
275 - 1 exp potion every 18 hours (2 Charges)
300 - 1 exp potion every 24 hours (3 Charges)
325 - 1 exp potion every 22 hours (3 Charges)
350 - 1 exp potion every 20 hours (3 Charges)
375 - 1 exp potion every 18 hours (3 Charges)
400 - 1 exp potion every 24 hours (4 Charges)
425 - 1 exp potion every 22 hours (4 Charges)
450 - 1 exp potion every 20 hours (4 Charges)
475 - 1 exp potion every 18 hours (4 Charges)
500 - 1 exp potion every 48 hours (5 Charges) Tradeable.

Initially I put the 500 at 12 hours but I understand the need to keep them rare. My vote would be 24 but I am putting it at 48 in hopes of it getting Hunters approval. I really do not see many people getting a 500 on this ever and if they do I would think it would be very very few people.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 07:49:46 pm by Xiggie AKA Stone » Logged

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 07:51:39 pm »

Those Hell levels are hell for sure.. haha.. the 200+ I'm scared of..

-Hate"
napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 08:26:18 pm »

It would be a good idea if it weren't for people like me that would farm the living hell outta the lower teired stuff and buy h1n1 tokens and hense farm the hell outta that and i already farm the hell outta t5. so all in all im just one person that would do that imagine the rest Wink
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 08:29:47 pm »

This is true Napo but i also agree that the small changes he's adressed would benifet the whole server w/o breaking it... you also have ot consider that since halloween the amount of strike augs V's i've tried to upgrade alot of them in order to give to guildies but it seems that the gods majors and others are lacking even after blowing thru even a small bump would be nice...and bringing back the insta's for the CG/FG is a give or take really w/o the ability for eveyrone to insta them it makes the need for these items to be higher in demand...and still hunter has negated this already by adding the newbie package so thats one thing. Also Xiggie i love the idea but you will prob be the frist one to 500 at this rate lol
Camric

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 08:33:42 pm »

Great post Fugi!

I agree that the gap is widening for new players and the number of characters and items (new especially) requiring essence, there is a need for a bump in the drop rates.

Takishi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 08:43:09 pm »

Slightly higher essence drop rates and any increase to V1 & V2 upgrades would be awesome. I've just completed my first UC with my pally so any bump t:o complete others in my group would be great! Want to break into T5 and these changes would definitely get me and many others there faster. :-)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 10:12:17 pm »

I might do some of these ideas after T7 is released. Might increase spawn rates and drop rates by just a few percent each n stuff.

I've done it before, making older custom content a bit more streamlined so new players can catch up end game tiers a bit faster.

If I add instances back to FG/CG zones, then they will be under a different price instead of just 1k pp to instant repop named mobs for required loot which kind of not what I want.

Shadow is just matter of having time to edit the quest file and npc to limit the number of shadow steps.

As far as swimming mod, they are your skills, either combat, spells, or other. Once you have max skill points in a skill, this probably becomes worthless. A focus effect is a completely different part of the item that can be added as well. Such as buff duration or something.

So if we replace the swimming skill, what do we want? 1hand blunt? Alteration? Baking? Archery? It really doesn't affect anything much.

I am on vacation, so there will be a lot of tweaking and polishing going on. I do want to make this fun while keeping the challenge and grind there.

I played GW2 and got max level / max gear within 2 weeks, and then got bored with it, even with World vs World pvp running around with my max Ranger. I don't want EZ Server to be too much streamlined where you can get max everything in 1-2 months cause then there is no more reason to play. I bet there is 100+ not logged in right now cause they are max gear and waiting for T7.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Undeterred

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 10:36:33 pm »

I thought ROA swimming was coming in handy in T5
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 12:52:48 am »

I thought ROA swimming was coming in handy in T5

Personally I have not seen any difference in swimming at all. Which is actually a good thing because if it did make a difference I would be leaving my group behind while swimming.

Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 01:08:42 am »

I bet there is 100+ not logged in right now cause they are max gear and waiting for T7.

The max geared players are still around farming the newer stuff, if you don't stay active on EZ, you will be left behind, i've played catch up numerous times from taking breaks.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 01:20:17 am »

I've seem guilds power level noobs to end game too though.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 03:42:06 am »

+1 on the t6 5.5 pages. Silly to have certain pages rare, just holds up progress for no reason but to hold it up. I am missing pages 6 and 9 on 6 toons.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 05:05:12 am »

All of the Epic 5.5 pages have equal chance. It was just RNG sucking.

I've increased the rate at which you will get Epic 5.5 bosses, hopefully this will help.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061