Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 03:30:44 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: LDoN Inactivity Timer  (Read 20198 times)
xoltrek

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 10:27:50 am »

i don't think it will be changed... I don't remember why this have been implanted but that was good reason.
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 10:33:51 am »

Thought i do not think it was meant to have that kind of resulting effect.

Maybe it just needs be tweaked so the porting during fights, etc. stops.

Rob Smiley
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 10:43:49 am »

probably something like,

Bard sits at one of the mobs in LDoN, DS songs running, killing evrything that spawns and aggros.

Obviously it was implemented back when 1kill = 1 point. So leave it on over night and BAM come back with a few thousand points

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2010, 12:14:59 pm »

Pet classes.

Tacticulous

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2010, 04:00:42 pm »

probably something like,

Bard sits at one of the mobs in LDoN, DS songs running, killing evrything that spawns and aggros.

Obviously it was implemented back when 1kill = 1 point. So leave it on over night and BAM come back with a few thousand points
It was implemented to stop 3.0 pet classes from camping at bosses overnight, and AFK'ing points. You could get 3 pet classes in LDoN2 with one at each boss, and farm 2400 points in an  eight hour period (bosses were on a 30 minute spawn then IIRC).

As you said though, that was back when you got 1 point per kill and 50 per boss for everyone in the group. I really think that either the porting needs to go away or we need to start getting points for every kill. Having both an AFK port and a slim chance of getting points (-bosses of course) is over kill.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2010, 05:14:03 pm »

I never saw a problem with the point per kill style for LDoN, yeah it made people bring whole groups of bots... but idk, it wasnt so bad really

nerff

he shoots, he scores!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 12:36:12 am »

Yeah makes sense when the "point per kill" system was in effect back then, but that plus bard melody has been changed since then.

I wouldn't see why changing it now wouldn't effect either of those unless someone AFK kills and uses some 3rd party key click loot program to loot the tokens/charm upgrades; which is bannable and not permitted on this server.

but yeah, it definately would benefit us multiboxers... specially most of us that are 5-6 boxing.

Im so paranoid from this now that I do it (move toons around and jump) in every zone now omg Sad

Kaalan Deann - 70 Barbarian Warrior - GL of <Nether>
Dacuk Dachef - 70 Troll Shaman
Catriona Ciannait - 70 Drakkin Cleric
Nerrf Herrder - 70 Drakkin Ranger
Snozberry Shortcake - 70 Halfling Druid
Gabbo Gabba Hey- 70 Gnome Mage
Ceol - 70 Half-Elf Bard
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 07:52:23 am »

The point system, if put back in place, could be a good incentive to group with others.  i do not mean boxing, i mean real grouping.

Maybe it can be changed around so that you can get points again if you are grouping with different players (and it will be able to tell this via IP address or something to differentiate from boxers).

I don't even know if that is possible but it sounds to me like people really liked the point system and it might be a good way to get things going again for both new and vet players.

Rob Smiley
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 02:56:48 pm »

The 1 point/kill system was removed for a couple reasons.

1)  The Raid Exploit:  It was one point / kill for every member of a raid, not just a group.  So 35 afk toons could sit at zone in while three active toons ran around killing everything.  Really bogged down the zone and kept content tied up for days.

2)  The Original Intent:  Hunter has stated that his original intent for charms was that they would be so rare no one would every complete them.  It didn't work out that way and he eventually included the point system.  (way back when, there were no points awarded in LDoN, so you couldn't 'purchase' anything)  After looking closely at the point/kill system he decided that even as a group it was too easy.  The intent is not to camp five toons at zone in while one toon goes on a rampage.

We may not like it, but time sinks are in the game for a reason.  EZ Server is only easy from the standpoint of getting to lvl 70 and accumulating AA.  After that, the content definately has a 'Grind' component.
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2010, 01:12:42 pm »

We may not like it, but time sinks are in the game for a reason.  EZ Server is only easy from the standpoint of getting to lvl 70 and accumulating AA.  After that, the content definately has a 'Grind' component.

I dont mind time sink at all... I mind getting my mage ported to the zone in because hes sitting in the room corner while I pull stuff to that room. Yes they arent moving but I am clicking buttons, like assist or spells...  somewhat my mage or my cleric gets ported because all they do is heal or nuke when i need em too. Whats wrong with that, im not exploiting or afk killing...

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Tankzilla

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2010, 06:27:13 pm »

I honestly  like how he has it set up now, just as -Gantrathor- was saying "The intent is not to camp five toons at zone in while one toon goes on a rampage." alot of people did that back in the day.. but now you get booted when in ldon 6 camping chaos for your charms or w/e have you mage sitting here with /assist < tank name > /pet attack... just click your up button and move a step... bam problem solved, just one more button click before you switch to warriors screen. its what I do. don't know if it'll help ya, but I hope it does =)
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2010, 07:55:43 pm »

just click your up button and move a step... bam problem solved, just one more button click before you switch to warriors screen.
wow wow wow, do you realize how much work that is for us lazy folk?

Tankzilla

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2010, 08:41:04 pm »

Hah hah hah Reed, so true man so true!
Allizia

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2010, 08:47:23 pm »

I tried that between every pull and one character still got ported to the entrance, but the other did not even though I moved them both within a second of each other =/ I was tabbed over for less then 2 minutes
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2010, 09:14:09 pm »

what i do personally is have everyone autofollowing like... my cleric. a character who doesnt move much. and let warrior stay on his own.

after a few pulls i move the cleric to other side of whatever room im camping, which in turns move everyone to other side of room. giving enough movement to stop porting issue

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 187