Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 06:52:11 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Stonewall Updated  (Read 13072 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2012, 11:27:17 pm »

Seems we forgot about one of the Warrior stonewalls and they were able to go over 100%. This has now been fixed and there is a new spell file 11-21-12 available for download.

I've had several people help me out understand how stonewall works, specifically with how to make them stack or not stack with each other. Seems that any 2 spells with ChanceToCrit(169) with 0 in base_value and -1 limit_value will not stack with each other. Eventually I made a spread sheet for myself to see all the buffs clicks and discipline for stonewall to get max stone wall values for the 3 tank classes.

Paladins got their buff increased from 15% stonewall to a 20% stonewall. SK might get more HP soon for bigger life taps.

With the new edits, here will be the new max stonewalls:

Warrior - 86%
Paladin - 70%
Shadowknight - 60%

Will post screenshots soon with details.

Thanks for everyone that helped me with the stonewall buffs.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 11:29:07 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 12:12:04 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 11:38:09 pm »

Having these stonewall values sorted will allow me to make more stonewall items in the future, such as additional ranks in the Shield of the Ages, or new Halloween Pets.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
jmaneuv011

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 12:13:23 am »

Is the Warrior Stonewall working from the Combat Actions window again?  I haven't been able to use that for the past couple of weeks
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 12:43:01 am »

Is the Warrior Stonewall working from the Combat Actions window again?  I haven't been able to use that for the past couple of weeks

Works for me

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 12:46:50 am »

Having these stonewall values sorted will allow me to make more stonewall items in the future, such as additional ranks in the Shield of the Ages, or new Halloween Pets.

One error on that list...

Kaldar's Helping Hand is 15% not 20%

other than that looks fine =D

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 12:50:34 am »

One error on that list...  Kaldar's Helping Hand is 15% not 20%

He said a few posts before that:
Paladins got their buff increased from 15% stonewall to a 20% stonewall.
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 12:53:42 am »

Hah.. I'm blind.. guess I am too tired to read correctly

genoside

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 09:38:19 pm »

the 5% boost is great my only thing is the 25% from the cleric keeping that up is not very realistic so pali really has more like 45% and war has more like 76% yes the clr epic buff and vie buffs are great for pull and initial engage but keeping it up after that isnt all that easy/great would like to see pali without clr buff up around 60ish war still stay ahead of the pack but makes pali more doable for MTing.  just my two cents
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 09:36:19 am »

Works for me

It was working for me in Titanium but since i switched to Underfoot, I can't seem to get Stonewall to work from the combat actions window either.   When i search through the listings of disciplines it says Stonewall is lvl 85 so after the hotkey is made i can't click it.   I went through the list (maybe missed it) but I don't see another stonewall that has a lower lvl listed.   I've been just using my epic.   Something I am missing?  Smiley

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 10:04:06 am »

the 5% boost is great my only thing is the 25% from the cleric keeping that up is not very realistic so pali really has more like 45% and war has more like 76% yes the clr epic buff and vie buffs are great for pull and initial engage but keeping it up after that isnt all that easy/great would like to see pali without clr buff up around 60ish war still stay ahead of the pack but makes pali more doable for MTing.  just my two cents

Realistically, having possible mitigation of 86% and 76% constant is too high already...  I like my SK with his current mitigation but I would certainly understand, and even support, Hunter reducing the base mitigation levels down to something like Warriors at 50% and Knights at 35-40% by the time they reach T6.  That would allow him to increase the difficulty in T7 without making the mob melee an insta-kill to any non-tank class.  It would also give him room to increase mitigation on new items without making anyone an overpowered tank.

I know that this is not going to be a popular suggestion with the masses, but please look at what really high mitigation will do as Hunter works on new content...

T7 trash mobs should be able to kill the best geared T6 Warrior without good healing.  A T6 Warrior has approximately 1.2 Million HP.  Assuming a warrior has 86% mitigation, he only takes 14% of each hit in damage, and zero crits.  So, a mob that triple hits for 1 million does 3 million damage to your Cleric up to 6 million if there are crits, but only 420k damage to your Warrior.

If Hunter was to reduce mitigation to 50% max, then the mobs could be a little more reasonable for the rest of your group when you hit T7.

Brokyn

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Venia

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 02:17:23 pm »

while i do agree to some extend, would like to point out that most classes kinda have a mitigation line spell already
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 03:13:45 pm »

I disagree about the blanket statement of 1,200,000hp. Some yes, most no.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 03:16:08 pm »

I disagree about the blanket statement of 1,200,000hp. Some yes, most no.

1.2mil HP is a bit "Extreme"

That would require...

Shaman 6.0 buff
Goblin pet buff
Scepter X
Shield of the Ages XL
RoA 100+
UCv2
Full T6 gear

On Natedog I don't think I even have 1.2 million but really haven't checked

Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2012, 03:21:07 pm »

while i do agree to some extend, would like to point out that most classes kinda have a mitigation line spell already

Plus, Halloween pet mitigation works for all classes.

T6 fully Aug'd, SoA XL, UC2, Sceptre X, Mount V, Goblin Pet, Shm 6.0, Crabs = ~1.054M on my Warrior. RoA is slightly less than equivalent T5 ring. I suppose the very top end RoA farmers right now probably have 1.2M on their tanks. Most do not.

Main: Bubbin
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 96
  • Online Ever: 8678