Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 07:30:11 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Which should we use for RoA 1-100?
Keep the same delevel quest
Change to require AA Points
Both

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: RoA Poll  (Read 17408 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2012, 08:14:10 am »

Someone asked if we could use AA Points for the Ring of the Ages Rank 1 - 100.

This could upset players that already got Rank 100 the old way.

Figured I'd get some feed back before considering this kind of change.

I'd still make a level 70 zone for people grinding AA's that would allow chance for dropping a charm upgrade or exp potions.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 08:19:23 am »

I would love this change as I have other toons I would love to get done with their ring. I like it that I don't have to change through a bunch of zones with the 100+ rings. Allowing others to do this with their pre-100 rings would not make me jealous or upset at all as it would allow me the same benefit.

Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 08:30:20 am »

Would the pre 100 reset all unused AA's like the 101?
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 08:37:44 am »

Most likely pre 100 would also reset the AA Points that the player has unspent as well.

I would probably make the requirements lower though, maybe 100 AA Point per rank, including hell levels every 25 ranks.

At least you wouldn't have to worry about how to buff or gear a low level, just keep your stuff on, and return whenever you got enough AA Points.

Maybe choose 3-5 level 70 zones that the grind can be done in. Maybe each zone has a higher chance for certain type of drop like 1 of 4 charm upgrades or an exp potion, so you could try to target specific drops while grinding AA.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pyronost

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 08:42:28 am »

The AA idea sounds pretty amazing, tbh. Then I have to ask though, what happens to all the BD armor?

Rayge Face - 73 Warrior
Surprize Face - 73 Pal
Stowic Face - 73 Cleric
Kokaine Face - 72 Berzerker
Tranquill Face - 73 Monk
Rumblepack - 73 Bard
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 09:02:41 am »

BD armor would still carry noobs through a few tiers.

The old RoA quest was designed to allow players to re-experience low level zones and for the new players to be able to level up with the older players when the older players got deleveled.

Players have proven to be anti social using their instances and alt boxes to help level rather than grouping with others for leveling. So this new AA system might be more appropriate.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
genoside

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 09:07:28 am »

The bd armor would loose its value but still be worth something just not as much but then again after this last holoween with the amount in the market atm its not worth much any how.
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 09:26:30 am »

+1 on this!! awesome idea
Fiend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 09:47:03 am »

This could upset players that already got Rank 100 the old way.

I got my RoA by leveling through it and this change wouldn't upset me at all.  It would give my other toons a shot at RoAing.  Even at 100 AA's a rank it would take longer than trying to level through it, but I could go about progressing rather than stare at old zones 100 times on each toon.
genoside

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 10:18:36 am »

i voted for the aa option but i think that mabey a both option would be a good idea also.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 12:21:11 pm »

Most likely pre 100 would also reset the AA Points that the player has unspent as well.

I would probably make the requirements lower though, maybe 100 AA Point per rank, including hell levels every 25 ranks.

At least you wouldn't have to worry about how to buff or gear a low level, just keep your stuff on, and return whenever you got enough AA Points.

Maybe choose 3-5 level 70 zones that the grind can be done in. Maybe each zone has a higher chance for certain type of drop like 1 of 4 charm upgrades or an exp potion, so you could try to target specific drops while grinding AA.

I would say do not reset them. Use the AAXP on the 100+ levels. Possibly allow those with exceptional amounts of AAXP (Xig, Fug, Camric, Nap, etc etc etc) to buy up some levels. I think this should take roughly double or triple the time investment (since we aren't STOPPING what we are doing to RoA, more of a small bonus for continued playing). To make sure I'm clear: if it takes 2 hours to get 1-70, then require as many AAXP could be farmed in 4-6 hours. This will prevent it from being a purely passive. It will add a nice prestige element though (as in old hands are drastically stronger from years of player versus new guys rushed to end game).

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 12:56:35 pm »

+1 for aa pre 100
Ybik

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 02:09:30 pm »

I agree with not resetting aaxp if we are going to go that route for 1-100. The people who have been here a while should have some kind of a leg up if we are going to this system. You gain alot of aaxp going from PoTime to T6, farming a UC, etc. I also think this might also make lag worse for the server since those that have been here for a while would have to re-farm aaxp to get an RoA (and alot of them would) which would contribute to alot of lag (if pulling whole zones for aaxp) for the forseeable future. I voted both but after thinking it probably should be one or the other. The reason I say this is if I'm a new player and use my warrior to power level a RoA for a paladin from 46-70 then I am able gain ring ranks from the aaxp gained from doing PoFire on the warrior AND the ring rank from doing 1-70 on the paladin so in theory you could double dip. If this doesn't make sense let me know and I can try to rephrase things.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 03:23:39 pm »

So far I'm leaning towards using only the AAXP system for rank 1 - 100 and then wiping AA's just one time at rank 100 or 101 like others had to do already, so if you got banked up a lot of AA then you could theoretically get rank 100 right away, but then have to start the grind for 101 - 500.

What are the current speeds of AA? How many AA per hour are players currently getting?

I edited Qvic a few days ago so its not the same as it was before. The broken part about qvic besides a lot of mobs that were some what easy for high level players was that their level was 75 which greatly increased the exp. I didn't want to change the balance for noobs by changing the level, so I modified the zone exp to balance out the level 75 mob exp.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 03:28:23 pm »

Awesome man, can finally use aa's on some of the alts  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats