Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 02:08:53 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Bazaar?  (Read 18275 times)
Mattnaik

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2012, 09:21:36 am »

Just curious why there isn't some sort of Bazaar on EZ. I only played Live through LDoN so not sure what system they have now but I remember having to keep a toon logged on all the time to sell stuff in the Bazaar.

Does the EMU codebase not support it or would it just be too many concurrent connections to the server.

How about some sort of offline auction house type of deal? It would really boost the economy in game I think if people could buy/sell essences and SLS's and whatnot.

Or everyone could just hang out in the EC tunnel and /auction just like the old days  Grin

Hulkmad
Fiend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 09:28:43 am »

The bazaar worked the last time that I checked.  There's a healthy economy on EZ, but there aren't that many different items to sell, the server reboots every night, and the AFK check boots inactive people.  Nobody uses the the bazaar because of those things.
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 10:03:44 am »

And, having toons logged in that are not playing is just increasing population without actually doing anything...

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 10:27:18 am »

aka causing lag for the rest of us who are playing
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 10:27:39 am »

And, having toons logged in that are not playing is just increasing population without actually doing anything...

+1

Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 11:25:45 am »

That's what I figured was the reason. How about some sort of custom offline auction house? Too much?

Hulkmad
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 12:37:09 pm »

How about some sort of custom offline auction house? Too much?

How about a WTS post on the forums?  Is that enough of a custom offline auction house?  Because trading in game gear from character to character outside of the game is never going to happen.  That would be a buttload of update queries for Hunter to do on top of his already full schedule.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 12:40:58 pm »

I really don't like the auction house concept. I like the ability to flip items and make a profit. :-P

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 12:57:13 pm »

I really don't like the auction house concept. I like the ability to flip items and make a profit. :-P

-Hate

Yes from a sellers perspective it's pretty easy to flip something quickly. From a buyers perspective, the right person needs to be on at the right time and paying attention to /auction channel.

Not a terrible nuisance or anything I just remember when the bazaar was first introduced back in the day and spending hours just browsing peoples wares. Just waxing nostalgic really. 

Hulkmad
Stuff4Sale

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 06:40:56 pm »

Just throwing up a WTS post is probably gonna be good enough on the forums. Obviously you would need to log on and trade the item to another character, but for the most part people can sell things rather easily just in auction channel while in-game. Don't see Hunter spending time on creating an AH, but I could be wrong.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 07:00:34 pm »

I wonder if I could write up my own Auction house in perl (quest) code using a custom table to hold all the items available to be sold.

Then hail the npc for list of items and prices available.

I bet it can be done.

And with it being a quest / npc then it could be done from any zone, but just for fun I might put the npc in Commons Tunnel Smiley

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Stuff4Sale

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 07:05:12 pm »

If so, could I also request a custom porter to that tunnel? I'm too lazy to run!! Wink
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 08:49:54 pm »

I wonder if I could write up my own Auction house in perl (quest) code using a custom table to hold all the items available to be sold.

Then hail the npc for list of items and prices available.

I bet it can be done.

And with it being a quest / npc then it could be done from any zone, but just for fun I might put the npc in Commons Tunnel Smiley

This would be awesome!

Hulkmad
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 09:58:08 pm »

I could just edit the Universal Teleporter and Pet Teleporters to be at the XYZ of the tunnels when asking for 'Commons' zone.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 10:01:30 pm »

I know people are going to hate me for this, but I might go with a fee style system too of 1% of asking price, non refundable.

So to put an item for 100pp up on auction, you'd need to have %1 (or 1 pp) in advance to pay the fee before it gets listed.

I'd be using a custom table to store everything, item price, item id, seller, etc.

I don't know if there would be 'bidding' yet.

Listing "Flowing Black Silk Sash" for sale by all vendors sorted by lowest price first is something that would be super easy to do in mysql.

Since I played GW2 recently, I'd probably use their Auction House for ideas and examples of how players can buy, sell, and search.

Would have to wait until after T7 though Smiley

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081