Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 04:33:17 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: FG/CG task housekeeping (instancing, etc)  (Read 13462 times)
Fanon_Emarr

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2012, 02:50:36 pm »

I feel like there was a discussion about this that took place across a few threads and possibly in game, but I don't think it was consolidated anywhere.

It was my understanding that instances were shut off in reaction to people exploiting their ability to respawn named mobs instantaneously by logging out of and then back into an instance. If I'm remembering what little discussion I read about the subject, that exploit was fixed. I realize that the main concern here was the server's economy, which is the rather vague reason players cite when people ask why they were disabled.

Hunter, have you given any thought to re-enabling instances in these zones? It can be a real pain in the ass to get to some of the more contested camps, LGuk and City of Mist especially, during "normal" hours for most U.S. players.

I'd be willing to pay more than the normal instance rates (crank them up 5x or 10x or more; I'll pay it) just to avoid having to stay up until 4:00 a.m. to have a chance at finding a camp empty.

Also, I haven't checked in the last day or two, but is the No Drop container situation something that you plan to change, or is that just something we'll have to learn to live with? I bring it up here because of the LBS.

Thanks.

Faynon (Pal) / Necrofanster (Really?) / Nonaf (SK) / Fanfabulous (Bard) / Fandurable (War) / Fanfireworks (Mage)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 04:57:57 pm »

Maybe I could re-add it back for a higher plat cost so people couldn't cheaply exploit the named spawns.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 05:05:31 pm »

Maybe I could re-add it back for a higher plat cost so people couldn't cheaply exploit the named spawns.
+1

Fanon_Emarr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 06:53:03 pm »

That would be great. Either that or a lock-out period of some kind. I know there are ways around that (using different characters, etc.), but it would at least discourage some of the most blatant/egregious instance spamming. 

Faynon (Pal) / Necrofanster (Really?) / Nonaf (SK) / Fanfabulous (Bard) / Fandurable (War) / Fanfireworks (Mage)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 09:04:07 pm »

Agreed. As it is if you go to certain zones with the cg/fg drops and they are camped you're basically blocked. I've run into this issue in CB (HATE that damned shield) and a couple others.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 09:06:29 pm »

Why hasn't the FG and CG became trivial yet, all it does is blocks new players from getting their 2.5s, honestly players that are hoarding this for whatever reasons and just dicks to the new players to the server holding them by their balls.. saying haha look buy it from me with the pp you don't even got.. /sadface

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
1flytrapp
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 10:44:21 pm »

I Agree with Fugitive This quest should be trivial basically Given away or removed entirely just my 2 cents worth as its only purpose is to discourage new players
Fanon_Emarr

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 11:03:30 pm »

Why hasn't the FG and CG became trivial yet, all it does is blocks new players from getting their 2.5s, honestly players that are hoarding this for whatever reasons and just dicks to the new players to the server holding them by their balls.. saying haha look buy it from me with the pp you don't even got.. /sadface

The community also encourages lesser-geared players to farm kits and SLS for cash. I dunno how widely adopted the idea is, but the seed is definitely planted quite frequently.

wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 05:03:28 am »

It should not be given away or trivial, it Is a part of progression here and always has been. However, instances definitely should be back in these areas. I was a bit sick about it when they were taken away and yes basically this just screwed the newbs  hard.

Having to wait in line should never be apart of this game. When we are on we should be able to progress towards reward. This is the most essential part of the fun formula in games.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 05:05:11 am by wolfegunr » Logged

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
1flytrapp
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2012, 07:34:49 am »

well with the end games perma camping it how can newer people camp to sell as is there is no instancing / and if instancing was reimplimented they still could not camp them via way overpriced waypoints that should be cheap / free in the first place just making it harder on the new players
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2012, 09:00:31 am »

end games perma camping it

what
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 09:13:32 am »

Dont know....would it be possible to have a flag check on the character killing the mob, and if they have the flag only allow a drop to happen if they are in an instance? Then of course make the instance cost a bit. Too convoluted? Dont know....but access to the fg/cg items shouldnt be blocked because t1 geared player A wants to farm the sheet out of jade reavers and sell em, blocking content for anyone else. Or....make em all no trade. Remove it as a cash cow.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Garete

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 09:42:45 am »

The first time I did kits as a new player it was tough finding all the spawn points but there are a lot of good guides out there.  After I farmed my first set it became easy though.  I would actually log on multiple tons and have each farm a diff part of kit.   Sellong the kits to vets making new toon for there army is how o made my first mil.  I found sls a lil boring.  I dont know how instances would change kits value bit I know they can be a good money maker for even a new player.
Bladethorn

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 05:06:20 am »

Thanks Hunter, this would be great

~Guild Pa'ahana~

~Bladethorn, Ironskin, Ironhyde, Stormfade, Redthorne, Redwynd, Xhaidis, Forbid, Vailyn, Aayen, Greyshadow~
Blazyn

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 06:25:57 pm »

What about changing the jewelry drops in Mistmoore back so players can sell them, and kicking players 35th+ out of the zone, like Dulak does at 60.  Disable aaxp IN Dulak, and increase gem drops in the zone?  I think this would increase the pp a newbie player attains, on the path to 70, by about another 10-35k. 

Isn't getting to 70 with enough cash for a few runs the whole point? Even if said newb got to 70 with 200k ... that is 1/3rd the cost of fg/cg kit, maybe the 1.5, 2.0 run? Possibly a Qvic run as well IF the person being paid was kind enough for all of that?

As I am still a relative newb, and am just barely starting to farm a little LDoN for a charm(ugh hate the drop rate) I have about 70kish.  Haven't bought anything aside from mistakenly paying for 6 tinker bags.  Don't make the quest easier, don't make the plat income easier, don't give it away.  Do increase the plat a newbie player can achieve by the time 70 comes around, since they need it the most?

Once 70, the options for making more, open up a lot more it seems
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 8678