Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 08:12:38 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: T3/T4/MCP, Compalin  (Read 10755 times)
Abrums

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2012, 12:39:25 pm »

First off, I hardly ever complain on the forums.
Second, I do like the fear stuff over the 30 second DTs.

One complain I do have is that some times I will get feared and fall off the island, or mobs will drop below the island because they are chasing after my feared warrior.  I do believe something else needs to happen instead of this fear stuff, not sure what, but something.  Does anyone else have an idea to still make it interesting but a little difficult at the same time?

Also a lazy half T5 warrior should not be getting feared as much as I do when fighting t3/t4/mcp.  Fix something please.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 12:45:19 pm »

I've too had MCP fall thru the world lately during a fear session in PoAir, then it just turns into a ... wipe rezone.. Go Back to DT, and Rootz (or find something else fun because wiping cause of pulled thru floor isn't fun)

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Ybik

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 12:57:04 pm »

I usually just tank him with a paladin or sk. They have an aa to be immune to fear.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 01:00:40 pm by Ybik » Logged
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 01:43:49 pm »

Yep. Warrior can tank, but have the pally hit scepter and/or DG a time or two.....that way when the warrior is feared the mob stays on the pally and doesnt chase the warrior.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 02:01:07 pm »

Yup warpin underworld sucks. I just fight him with the paly. Same for shadow or other FEAR'ers.
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 04:10:36 pm »

I don't mind fear with Shadow cause I can clear the room Shadow is in and let my warrior run around while my pally tanks temporarily.

What happens if feared while rooted? I'm wondering if it forces you to stop tanking for a while but you don't run off the edge, this might be a solution?

Just a thought.

Hulkmad
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 04:34:53 pm »

Lots of possible changes, just would require picking the right spells for it or maybe creating one.
Fear is bad, DT sucked too but would rather see this charm or mez or something.
Another fix would be to actually input pathing nodes for that island. If any of the fear casting boss "fly" just make sure to add some on the Z

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
lookin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 05:16:08 pm »

i like the mez idea over charm. if they charmed, my warrior or monk would destroy my group. maybe make it a 1 min unresistable mez
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 06:04:56 pm »

1min is a long time for on tier players considering how hard stuff hits on this server.
If stuff was not able to hit tier equiv players for 50-80% of their hp per round then yeah you could have shit mez for 10 minutes.

This is why when people suggest stuff like that I cringe because Hunter has a great server but his NPC's are always way over powered at first and people have to suffer through that shit for a month or two until he balances it down.

Of course I wouldn't expect many that use the forums of late to understand, maybe the other players that have been here for a few years remember and understand what I am talking about.

Anyways, Mez is good and so is charm. The only question is what duration is fair and balanced OR what other ideas are there...

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 12:49:46 am »

Just permaroot him and make him summon
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 01:08:35 am »

Just permaroot him and make him summon

+1 Griz

Maybe add a charm on the dt timer (90 sec I think)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 01:34:42 am »

Each tier I experiement with new ideas. I agree 1 min is a bit long for stuff.

Might swap out some things too, maybe charm instead of DT, etc.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Aurran

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 01:30:21 pm »

I say leave it as is. 

For T3/T4, fight at the center of the island and you wont be feared off.

When fighting Shadow in HoH, clear around him before fighting if fear is a problem.

Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2012, 02:39:53 pm »

Not an ultimate solution, but I CoTH with a few seconds after it starts on my mage because I'm lazy and it takes like two seconds to restick from there.
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2012, 02:57:10 pm »

I say leave it as is. 

For T3/T4, fight at the center of the island and you wont be feared off.

False.
I've been feared off the island and chased to the zoneline. Thought the damn mob zoned as well but it was just lazy pathing back to the rest of my goons.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)