Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 05:30:05 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Free 2 Play Client  (Read 15052 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2012, 08:16:49 am »

There is a Free to Play client available on steam and I got myself a fresh copy, then zipped up a backup of it for future reference in case it becomes a new standard instead of Underfoot.

Logged on my old account and started up a character on Zek (pvp) server.

Anyone here play Live recently? I haven't played since PoP and I'm complete noob again. Anyone have advice or have an account and willing to help power level possibly with plat or gear? Would be willing to give/trade credits on EZ Server for plat or other power level stuff on Live.

Is MQ2 allowed? I'm sure they have ways of detecting it. So if its allowed, what would get you banned? Obviously warping or ghosting would. Do they care about Map feature being used? What else would be useful on Live with MQ2?

I don't plan to get too serious on Live, but just looking for some new ideas and see whats change or updated since I last played. I'd probably go for max level with medium gear then either casual pvp or something.

I haven't searched on Google yet but I figured some of you here would be hardcore, such as with MQ2, came from Live, etc.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
LevelOneHuman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 08:21:37 am »

I may still have some stuff on Firiona Vie. I'm not sure what or how much, but I should have something. I played on Test for a long time too, I have plenty there if you feel like doing that server.
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 08:24:48 am »

I stopped playing Live back around when LDoN came out. Only made it to around level 58 or so. I did use MQ2 back then  (I think it was just MQ at the time) and never got banned. I only used it to AFK forage rare crafting items in Velious (don't worry I don't AFK anything on this server). I used it every day while I was at work for a good few months with no issues.

Hulkmad
LevelOneHuman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 08:27:03 am »

Also, MQ2 is "officially" forbidden, but it's still updated by the developers and you can use certain things (such as the map) with relative safety. Test server follows a different update schedule, so MQ2 does NOT work there.

**EDIT**

The upside to Test is that you have gold member access on a free account, same as paying $15 a month. You get all expansions, vet rewards, insta level 25, and (unless this has changed recently) double XP. Once my wife wakes up and releases me from baby duty I can dig around for you and see what I have, both on Test and Live.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 08:30:07 am by LevelOneHuman » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 09:01:55 am »

I'm reading some noob guides now. Seems Firiona Vie as all items droppable and therefore you could get any item in the bazaar. This would be a big help since I really don't have time to farm or do huge guild raids for hours on end.

Haven't checked out yet if transfers are allowed between servers.

While playing I noticed the "Release Box" for rez, so I am now testing this on our test server. This would allow players to not have to double-zone each time they die-rez so could help with lag, zone, desync, etc on EZ but need to make sure it couldn't get exploited to the point of making bosses too easy. If I do enable that would either make raid zones all no-bind if they aren't already, and possible add rez effects back in.

Anyways, back to live. Haven't taken anyone up on offers yet, and might just take everyone up on it, no point turning down free stuff. Doing EZ Credits only, no character transfers.

Thanks so much

Hunter
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 09:04:34 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 09:03:44 am »

MQ is a bannable offense on live.  I think I posted SOE's response to my question about using it when F2P first came out.  It was a canned response based on their EULA, but you would have to think they would have to modify their position at some point as population drops each year.

I have a live account on Tunare if you want help there.  Honestly tho, after playing EMU servers and using MQ2 ... live is just a wet blanket and not a whole lot of fun.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 09:05:32 am »

I agree, Live just isn't the same thrill as I remember. More or less curious of new features and zones, etc.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 10:15:04 am »

I'm reading some noob guides now. Seems Firiona Vie as all items droppable and therefore you could get any item in the bazaar. This would be a big help since I really don't have time to farm or do huge guild raids for hours on end.

Haven't checked out yet if transfers are allowed between servers.

While playing I noticed the "Release Box" for rez, so I am now testing this on our test server. This would allow players to not have to double-zone each time they die-rez so could help with lag, zone, desync, etc on EZ but need to make sure it couldn't get exploited to the point of making bosses too easy. If I do enable that would either make raid zones all no-bind if they aren't already, and possible add rez effects back in.

Anyways, back to live. Haven't taken anyone up on offers yet, and might just take everyone up on it, no point turning down free stuff. Doing EZ Credits only, no character transfers.

Thanks so much

Hunter
please add rez box Smiley

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 10:16:11 am »

My main is on Rathe if anyone has anything on there.

I got a few emails already, but haven't decided what I'm going to do yet.

Seems mercs cost gold in game, so that would probably help.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Artemis

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 10:27:40 am »

The amount of gold that they cost is nominal for the 1st tier.  The final tier is about 99 plat and hour if I recall.  While farming the drops you get will cover their cost.  For your guys, the best you will be able to get will be the Journeyman 1s.  To get the Jman 5s, you have to do a group task/quest.  I wasn't able to box it till 85+ with 4 toons and a couple mercs.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 10:35:35 am »

I got several people emailing me.

So far I'm interested in FV and Zek servers.

I prefer to use my old account, so PL + Plat/Loot is good.

I haven't decided anything yet though, too tired right now, going bed soon.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 02:45:14 pm »

I logged on EQ a few weeks ago and it was depressing. I tried using a Merc with my Druid and grew bored of it almost instantly. On top of that, half my clickies were in extended bags/slots that weren't accessible because I wasn't gold; I only found that out after doing a test copy.

If you were dead set on playing, there's some weird vendor in PoK that'll give you pretty nice items for tokens that you'll probably have accrued on any old characters.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 04:01:14 pm »

Tokens eh? I'll have to check it out.

Again, I don't plan to hardcore, just want to get up to date on what Live is doing, get some ideas.

I made a ton of characters, couldn't make up my mind which class and which server I wanted to play on. I'm sure some of you also did that lol.

My main Cleric has 80 something days played on it, which is a lot considering I couldn't stick to just 1 char.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Venia

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2012, 04:55:48 pm »

wasn't FV a RP server with special loot rules?...i started there my first char, but didnt really played on that server.
They used to have a loot rule that if you kill a mob that gives no exp, then you get no loot from it, not sure if that got scrapped with the years, im talking early 2000 here
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2012, 06:32:45 pm »

Reason for FV is all loot is droppable/tradeable which would help me a bit since I won't be full time guild raiding.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 100
  • Online Ever: 8678