Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 08:41:08 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: What should be done?  (Voting closed: December 25, 2012, 04:37:23 pm)
Lower Warrior Stonewall - 2 (4.3%)
Raise Paladin/SK Stonewall - 5 (10.6%)
Raise Pally SW, Turn SK into Lifetap tank - 8 (17%)
Working As Intended - 25 (53.2%)
Other...(explain in post) - 7 (14.9%)
Total Voters: 46

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: [POLL] Tank Stonewalls  (Read 25571 times)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2012, 01:29:43 pm »

If you want, I will be able to later tonight. This isn't actually thread related, but it might be useful in the way of future abilities/clickies.

>_>
<_<

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Camric

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2012, 01:33:27 pm »

Something to keep in mind regarding knights.  Once a paladin or SK is beyond the one round scenario, the chance of dieing while tanking is between slim and none.  The ability to heal must be factored into any mitigation comparisons, imo.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2012, 01:46:14 pm »

Incidentally, my monk occasionally steals agro from my warrior and on a normal basis sits right behind him on the agro. In T6 on boss 5 I used to have to turn my attack off on my warrior occasionally. As soon as I turn it off, within just a few seconds my monk has agro. I don't believe my pally would be able to keep agro off of my monk unless I use the scepter clicky. If my warrior dies one of my monks gets agro and I have to spam the scepter over and over to take it with my pally. This is using 2 4's and 1 5.

Aggressive

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2012, 01:50:37 pm »

If Paladin and SKs want to be main tanks so badly, we need to take away their dps. Plain and Simple.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2012, 02:09:28 pm »

Slightly off-topic, but not really.

Are people deleting their votes? We had 40, now 39.

Can anyone else confirm?

-Hate

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2012, 02:09:48 pm »

Let me be clear... SKs in general did not ask to be main tanks.  One of them is starting a thread based on their own ideas and asking for input.

As for my input...  SK and Pally are perfectly aligned with Warriors in tanking ability as it stands now.  I believe that a wholesale drop in mitigation needs to happen across the board, to allow for lower mob dps in the future to make non-tanks a tad safer.  The only way it works is for the reduction to scale for all classes though.  It's a major overhaul, and definitely not something to be taken on while there are so many other changes in the works.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2012, 02:16:53 pm »

Let me be clear... SKs in general did not ask to be main tanks.  One of them is starting a thread based on their own ideas and asking for input.

As for my input...  SK and Pally are perfectly aligned with Warriors in tanking ability as it stands now.  I believe that a wholesale drop in mitigation needs to happen across the board, to allow for lower mob dps in the future to make non-tanks a tad safer.  The only way it works is for the reduction to scale for all classes though.  It's a major overhaul, and definitely not something to be taken on while there are so many other changes in the works.

<3

Even if the majority said differently, this wasn't something for anytime soon. T7 soon and still feeling the effects of a source update that wholly revamped our loot system. Something this major requires across the board adjustments (mob damage, buffs numbers, etc etc). It would ALL have to be done at once or not at all.

Thank you Brokyn and thank those that have placed constructive input or criticism. This is why I started this cesspit instead of just writing up the changes, tossing to Hunter, then hoping for the best. These are too far reaching for me alone to make. The poll has ~5 days left. Although I feel the bulk of the intelligent input has already been placed (along with some less useful, more 'attack-like' input).

-Hate

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2012, 03:21:14 pm »

And if there is to be a lessening across the board for mitigation and mob DPS, at what tiers will we see this reduction? Because honestly I dont think we should see any reduction earlier than T4....so would it be from the epic clicky that stonewall is reduced? Or would you reduce it on the other clickies (SOA, pets, etc) that it may be done across the board?

I'd rather not see the epic and dropped spell stonewalls dropped in strength. If anything, then the shield (mitigation boost plus shield block and all the extra hps ends up quite powerful) and the Halloween pets. I think dropping the core stonewall would make things quite rough for newer players advancing....and would especially make it harder to obtain the SOA.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Venia

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2012, 03:47:24 pm »

Decided to vote and voted to leave things as they are..... one of my rules is : if it's not broken, dont fix it
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2012, 03:50:09 pm »

allow for lower mob dps in the future to make non-tanks a tad safer.

No -- I don't want to feel safe at all in a new zone

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2012, 04:56:41 pm »

Decided to vote and voted to leave things as they are..... one of my rules is : if it's not broken, dont fix it

Heh I shudder to think what might happen when you refuse to vaccinate your children because they aren't sick and refuse to fix your brakes until your car refuses to stop.

Despite the fact that the majority voted to leave it, the poll will still stay open because I'm still interested to see how things turn out. Due to this 'colorful' discussion, I've found a few interesting things. First, I have quite a few ideas for new clickies. Second, I have also broadened my understanding of tanking as a whole. Third, I learned more about a few people. :-P

Not all was lost from this. :-)

-Hate

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2012, 05:12:04 pm »

Third, I learned more about a few people.

As did we.

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2012, 05:57:19 pm »

This seemed oddly appropriate.

But seriously T6 is just fine with Knight tanks lol  (and I'm sure knights will be fine in T7+)

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2012, 08:29:04 pm »

Whats it matter? We're all gonna be dead Friday anyway Tongue

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2012, 09:02:02 pm »

allow for lower mob dps in the future to make non-tanks a tad safer.

No -- I don't want to feel safe at all in a new zone

Overall dps is fine, I'd like to see stuff hit for less damage but faster/more accurately so I don't spend the first 70% of a fight at either 100% or 20% hp, and then randomly die.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 86
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)