Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 09:18:17 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Possible T1 Point System?  (Read 9131 times)
Usbek

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2010, 12:51:46 pm »

Well i know some topics have already been made related to t1 drops and such.... and i know from first hand experience t1 plate legs are rare to say the least (geared 6 characters through t1 3 non plate classes having their legs and the 3 plate not). I know before anything i prolly just come off as lazy lol, anyways timewise ive prolly spent at least a months worth of farming for the legs with absolutly no luck i was thinking maybe some type of point system would make up for badluck bc ive had plenty ptah spawns. something similar to Ldon guy maybe were you can turn in molds that would otherwise rot for points that could add up to buy t1 molds. id assume the amount gained per item and the amount to buy would be worked out among gms but figured id throw it out their heh. anyone feeling the t1 plate leg pain bump this! maybe he will read it =D
qualin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 02:20:14 pm »

While a good suggestion, its funny to think of all the affects that might come of it.  I myself was a solo ranger, who did not box.  Probably the only reason I got T1 geared is because of a combination of rots and pick up groups of people pretty much solely camping plate.

If given a reason to horde rots, ie exchange for points, a lot of other characters would have their progression slowed.

I'm not saying I'm for or against, just stating repercussions that might happen.

I've been both a solo player, and now box (1 cleric is all).  As a solo player I would think, "wow just another way the odds are stacked in boxers favor." As a boxer I would probably think, "Thank god, the grind for this piece to gear up my cleric wont be so bad.  I'll get my gear and free up the camp for others more quickly."

I think in the process of typing my post I rebalanced all of the affects of making such a change. LoL
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 03:10:29 pm »

I think its a great idea, Now instead of people having thousands of rots and wasting months (what it sounds like) to get 1 piece of pixelated gear they can actually get it and move onto the next tier.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 03:29:09 pm »

I think its a great idea, Now instead of people having thousands of rots and wasting months (what it sounds like) to get 1 piece of pixelated gear they can actually get it and move onto the next tier.

Just out of interest, what do you think happens in the next tier? BC has already rotted a T4 BP now (32 stone item) along with tons of t3/t4 regular items. The same issue persists at all levels of the game, it's part of the challenge is getting your gear complete, if you trivialize it, then it's just silly.

You'll end up in t3/t4 asking for the same thing, and then what? There is currently no next tier so to speak. Believe me I feel your pain, we geared 20+ toons with 100% T1/T2 items including jewelry and it did take months and months. I'm just not sure making it easier serves much purpose other then to let you hang on the next tier doing the same thing.
Usbek

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 04:06:44 pm »

Fair enough, guess wanting to make my last t2 is making me impatient haha maybe my luck will improve tonight.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 05:06:17 pm »

The lazy side of me/ the fed up waiting for plate bearing Ptah side of me wants this to happen...

However as a whole i agree with Crab. I dont want to work my ass off to get to T4 just to have people who've been asking for rots the whole way end up being there "Looking for T4 chain rots, send tell if you got any please" or something to that affect.

The easier one tier is, the more crowded the next will be, which includes people asking for rots. As for non boxers vs. boxers... hey it sucks to be a solo player, i completely agree... but those of us who treat out devices better than our poor old grannies and can box 10 chars at a time shouldn't be penalized just because of that. Solo players will just need to band together and work this stuff out together. If you cant progress because you're a solo player, find a regular who plays often, help get them their gear to be on par with you, then work together.

I for one play with my guild often, and when everyone is to busy to do anything i load up the boxes. we work together to gear the guild up as a whole.

Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 12:46:46 am »

crab just copy / pasted my post in the Kronos thread.

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=301.msg3277#msg3277
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 01:18:28 am »

Crab, im not even in T1 lol Tongue, I don't even play that much at all anymore, just posting my thoughts after reading peoples pain, it would just be a good fix to the problem, the points don't even have to give that much still making people spend a lot of time, I mean for all we know hunter could put in a point system that takes so long that maybe by the time people got the points for w/e piece they are still waiting for finally drops. just saying, it could relieve some stress on people just knowing there is another option available.
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 07:48:55 am »

I wonder if there is a way to make the "random generator" check what class you are and then give a higher percentage to drop your class type piece of armor.

Not to suggest make is "easier" per se, just a little more tolerable.

Rob Smiley
Padme

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 09:02:35 am »

I have to agree with Crab and Bikal, its really a pain to stuff all toon full T1/T2 ... but if it goes to fast and i get full T3/T4 in only 2 month ... what i should do after ? get bored and stop playing  ? making another toon ? i m already stuffing a bunch with all the rot i get  ...

I know i m like other people, just really impatient and always want more, but well i keep comming back and clearing trash ... farming boss and getting rot  Angry at least its a good way to meet new cool player and get some fun, actually when i play i ask more than i farm, so time is going faster and farm is getting funny Wink

Just be patient !
robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 09:08:12 am »

what i should do after ? get bored and stop playing  ? making another toon ? i m already stuffing a bunch with all the rot i get  ...

Helping a new player out would be a good way to go.

Rob Smiley
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 10:21:42 am »

helping, yes... spoon feeding, no

robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 10:25:28 am »

Well no one is asking to be spoon fed...

But when you get to a certain point, you need help from others...

Such as Quil or Terrorantula, etc.... and beyond.

It just would make things happier for all if this occurred, instead of the constant farming and stuff that sometimes goes on.

Rob Smiley
Padme

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 05:07:10 am »

what i should do after ? get bored and stop playing  ? making another toon ? i m already stuffing a bunch with all the rot i get  ...

Helping a new player out would be a good way to go.

I m helping a lot, ask some player, they will tell you, i always have coth ready, so many come easy to loot, because i just need mage robe, so all the rest is rotting Smiley i also did a lot in Qvic/Tacvi, but man you cant only play to help other to grow up, thats right i got help in the beginning, thanks Noodle  and the other that helped me with MoW, TT, Qvic run and some T1/T2 piece (thanks Kaldar  Grin) thats why today i do the same thing
But if i want to reach T3/T4 i need all my toon done with T2  Shocked
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 07:29:53 pm »

Maybe you could add a note in this Dany, letting people know CoTH is not usable in Qvic, get asked that alot in game when i link rots

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 187