Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 08:18:50 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Ninja in HoH?  (Read 9945 times)
Fliker

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2012, 01:46:02 am »

So what's up with the drop rate of charms in HoH in the last 24 hours?

I did 4 clears (public & instanced) today and received a whopping 3 upgrades

8 hours logged today (not hardcore but grinding none the less)

4 shadow kills = 1 v2 upgrade

Did we get a ninja nerf or just RNG giving it to me dry?

/VIOLATED

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 03:42:30 am »

Probably RNG, cause I haven't touched it except during double loot but reverted back to the original table after it was over.

I'll check it out later to see whats up.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 04:45:28 am »

i cleared yesterday and today like 5x HoH and get like 20charms rotting and killed 3x Shadow and there was samething wrong every kill 3gems 1book and only 1x 2x v2 charms... Shadow is low all others are fine!!!

Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 05:10:03 am »

I'd have to agree, normal mobs do seem to drop roughly same rate as before loot table changes, maybe slightley less, but nothing major
However shadow definatly is a lot more reluctant to drop charms, thought it may just be me, still could be, but a lot of people had mentioned it in ooc.

Thanks for looking at it Hunter, maybe nothing wrong, just we are all having bad luck

wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 08:08:28 am »

From what I have seen, shadow is more stingy than he ever was. He often will only drop 0-1 charm now. Perhaps make the minimum 1 charm would help.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 08:33:13 am »

A lot of Shadow kills yesterday (gearing up some charms on my team), and had 5 shadows with no charms at all (about half of them).

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
jmaneuv011

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 09:12:48 am »

Forget about the drop rate, what about his shadow stepping?  He seems to jump 3 or 4 times EVERY time out now, where it used to be possible to get him on the first or second try.  I find myself chasing him around a lot more since the change in shadow step
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 10:11:22 am »

Thanks for the info guys & thanks to Hunter for quick response.

RNG for shadowstep was good on my end. 2 kills were 1 step.
Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 11:44:38 am »

Yeah the other day he jumped four times on me to drop no charms and two tokens. No thanks!
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 12:11:16 pm »

Just curious, how many times is Shadow teleporting on you before you kill him?

There is some magic behind the shadow step. Basically if/when he decides to do it, he depops himself and spawns a new copy some where else. This is how he gets full hp and loses all aggro. When he does this, he randomly determines if the next version of Shadow is the final one or is going to step again (up to 4x max now). Only the final version of Shadow has loot on him, not the versions that are going to shadow step on you. This is to prevent someone with super spells nuking him hard to get loot on current shadow + 2nd shadow that stepped. Hope makes sense. Maybe I gotta set the NEXTHPEVENT higher?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 12:47:23 pm »

So, you have to let him step 4 times before getting anything?  That defeats the purpose of getting better gear to be able to kill him faster. 
I understand that 4x max steps is need for newer people just getting into HoH, I remember when I first started, he would jump all day long or until I got lucky.
Now that I am T6 gears and I am going back gearing my other toons with UC'ed.  It's crazy to think I have to limit my groups dps to be able to let him jump 4 times and/or suffer the likelihood of not getting anything.
I guess I just don't understand. 
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 12:58:30 pm »

Have had him step 5 and 6 times within the last week.....but typically 3 or 4.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 03:06:21 pm »

He might step 1, 2, 3, or 4 times. Obviously the faster you kill him the faster you'll get the loot.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 03:50:12 pm »

Hunter, right now shadow is steping 4 times almost every single pop. Might be an issue with the perl file for him.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 04:51:02 pm »

I went through 5-6 instances today and the page drops (gearing up some toons for my son) seem to be on the suck side...and V2 charm drops seemed very slack too.  I expected Shadow to be stingy since he was nerfed a few months back, but out of 5-6 clears I only got 2 sorcerers, 1 brawler and 3 oracle charm upgrades (and that was killing shadow 3 times for 3 books)off the entire zone.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 05:16:48 pm by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 91