Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 01:33:55 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Charm?  (Read 21125 times)
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 07:27:40 pm »

Hmm... a whole new world opening up to bards, chanters, and druids?
Hmmm

talanos

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 10:39:56 am »

Population of enchanters on server goes from 5 to OVER 9000!!!!!!!!
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 10:48:36 am »

i would say, give us proof that bug has been fixed so we can verify its safe to use again.

Also, charm opens up more usefulness to the class but i imagine the influx on new chanters would not be that much more. the CG pet is ok, but not as good as actual pet classes. So you would pretty much have a gimp pet class with a good clicky haste. cant slow or anything still, idk about mez though.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 01:17:36 pm »

Charm wasn't always disabled. In over a year I have seen maybe 5 enchanters. Most useful mobs could not be charmed when it was enabled.

Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2010, 01:45:14 pm »

I made a chanter as one of my earlier characters for buffs. The only one now that I never got 3.0 for.

I actually noticed charm had been disabled when I was playing Druid. I used to love to charm the bears in LDoN 4.  They were pretty sweet hasted.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Tankzilla

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 06:30:49 pm »

I remember when Hunter put those 2 mobs at the zone in to Qvic, the white cons, they used to be charmable by chanters / bards. and those things were beast with a heal here and there... but now they just standing there to look cool... lol, Charm would be pretty cool if they re implemented it but don't know if they will... From reading this post it does sound like it might be back, but also as -Reed- said after qvic what can you charm ? if you can charm a dragon in PoD that would be SICK but i dont see that happening because of the AE, AE would probably hit your pet/ you and a chanter with a poison for 3-6k a tick is gonna go down pretty quick... but I have never played a chanter so i don't know if that would be possible

Tankz~
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2010, 06:36:05 pm »

Tank, the AoE wouldn't hit you because it would be your pet so it would just hit whatever you are fighting.

Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Tankzilla

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2010, 06:37:36 pm »

Oh, well that would be pretty sick... SUPER argo tho rofl... the range of the AE is nice, and I'm sure would hit other dragons or something... but again like I said never played a chanter/ charm class before so hah hah

Tankz~
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2010, 07:51:15 pm »

would have to revamp Dire Charm. otherwise if its red to you, no charming will happen

Balthor

Vote for Pedro

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2010, 10:41:09 pm »

Reed echoed what I said, that is the whole point. Being able to dupe items would ruin the entire server, whereas taking away charm limits bards and enchanters. To compensate they put the casters guild pet ring as usable by bards and enchanters. Not being able to charm is relatively new. I have been on this server for over a year and I have seen less than 5 enchanters the entire time. Ruining a server so 2 highly underused classes can use a highly underused (for legit reasons anyway) spell just makes no sense. It would be extreme to allow charming so a hand full of toons could charm at the expense of the server.

Reed pointed me here when I asked about it. Quoted and Bolded what stood out to me. At least when Hunter NerfSticked this time he compensated for it. Maybe there is hope for him after all.
titanmaster

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2010, 11:00:01 pm »

Population of enchanters on server goes from 5 to OVER 9000!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiMHTK15Pik
Balthor

Vote for Pedro

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2010, 09:20:57 am »

Man I noticed the enc population was like NOTHING when I decided to make mine. I ran around and found every possible NPC I could charm and had a blast playing with it.
Yea to bad I didnt load up some leet hacks to notify me when Hunter is around.
Less then 10min after moving every guild master in starter zone over to the Dummy he removed the ability to charm them.
Next to go was the Lotto bot which I decided to park next to the code guy in the back of the caves.
Just can not catch a break anywhere.

ps next to nothing on the whole damn server (that even a level 1 moss snake doesnt kill in under 20 seconds) is mezable. If you can mez it wtf is the point. You have more regen on a BOT geared toon then the damage that NPC could put out.

Still fun to run around and 3.0 those annoying ass warriors that pull greens to the fort in pod then watch them fail on that next 3+ dragon pull... Oh snap you couldnt use that disc could you fucker.

(I have a screen shot of Hunter laughing at me when I told him about how I learned that shit the hard way. First time I 3.0'd my warrior I spawned kronus... pew pew SPLAT)
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2010, 09:25:16 am »

I actually 3.0ed my enchanter so I am once again all for charm as my collection of not really useful toons is growing.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 12:06:33 pm by Thyl » Logged

Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2010, 11:03:31 am »

Balthor makes me laugh with his T2 chanter running around HoH able to do nothing =p

Balthor

Vote for Pedro

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2010, 05:46:55 am »

when do you see me in HoH you faggot?
I have no desire to go there and farm shit. T2 was as far as I cared to go and when I got there I was happy. T3/T4 just happened to come out right as I got my first set of BP's.
Couple times I zoned in the first 2 days with avalon just to see how annoying it would be and then I zoned in a few time because Crab was at zone in and I wanted to go /wave at him.

As for charm, its worthless on this server because nothing worthwhile can be charmed (from the standpoint of a 3.0 geared crew)
Maybe while leveling up or some shit its cool.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 142
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)