Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 03:55:12 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Mpano  (Read 11924 times)
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 01:30:02 pm »

Unless this thead keeps getting dragged out im done posting on this topic. People need to see how these changes go for a few weeks before they start complaining, it isnt fair to hunter and the others putting a lot of effort into improving the server.

Maybe I'm missing something but where in this entire post is anyone complaining about the recent changes?

The only complaining I see is you are calling people out because they expect instant gratification....which I fail to see that in any of these posts as well...so yeah that comment is slightly out of left field.

Hulkmad
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 01:46:54 pm »

Just ignore him, Matt. I'm not the only one who has in game. This is a perfect snapshot of how the guy reacts to....well, everything.

Back to adult discussion. The recent changes are for the most part fantastic. But as some have obviously failed to grasp, they are the direct result of feedback and posts like these. Not complaints....observations and suggestions. I hope people ignore the detractors and continue to post such. We may not always agree on the methods others suggest, but its the back and forth along with Hunter's judgement that make this server IMO one of the best MMO's out there.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 02:45:04 pm »

Wait you mean I cant log in a brand new toon to find it wearing full T6 with 3 epic 6.0 a UCv2 and 60mpp in the bank?  Shocked Huh
Fuck Hunter the game is to hard you need to make it easier.
/sarcasm off

To many failposts QQ'ing and hoping if they get enough people to QQ about the same non-issue Hunter will make the game easier.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
dartonion

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 06:03:11 am »

ive only been playing for about 6 months if that. almost have first 5.0 and most of my t5 gear. some of it was easy some hard.but it all was for the most part fun to do. the problem is everytime hunter makes something a lil easier people push for more. you can only make things so easy and keep with the spirit of the game. i think most things are fine how they are and the stream of new content is going great.i have much respect for the older players that worked so hard to get what they have. thanx to players like bubbins and marxist ive gotten as far as i have.. i guess my point is new players should listen and be thankful the grind isnt as hard as before and old players realize things evolve and sometimes are easier over time.its kinda hard cuz i agree with alot of points from both sides.guess it dont make sense im just grateful to have the server and most of the peeps on it in general

RAWR!!!!
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 09:25:38 am »

Not asking for things to be easier....just pointing out that one of the consequences of some of the changes that have been made recently is that plat for lower level characters is harder to come by. Not impossible....just noticeably harder.

Another example. Since the delay changes have any of you tried leveling a brand new melee character without any higher level help? I had an old EQ friend create a character and see what it was like yesterday. Took him, as a monk, almost 2 hours to hit level 10. Some of that, granted, was being new to a VERY different server....but once in FoB it took him 40 minutes to do the kill 5 skelly quest. This isnt someone new to EQ....this is an experienced 14 year EQ vet. So I made a zerker to see what was wrong.

The 1.0 zerker epic is 275 damage....which in old EQ terms is one hell of a weapon at level 1. However, with the new delays it was SLLLLLOOOOWWW.....didnt hit often at all. But the higher damage should compensate for it, right? Wrong. Damage before 20 is capped. Every hit I made with the zerker epic was 20 damage. No higher, with a 275 damage weapon. I could literally watch the mobs health regen half the damage I'd done between every hit. By the time I hit level 10 I was doing a whopping 40 damage max. Killing anything took forever. I've already pointed this out to Hunter and I am sure he'll find a fix for it.

But the point of all this is....sometimes changes have unforseen consequences, and sometimes they can  be a negative game changer. Without players pointing some of these out to Hunter, who doesnt play every day, and certainly doesnt engage in all aspects of the game when he does, mitigating or reversing these negative consequences cannot happen. Its not complaining.....its discussing. I know the adults on the forums can understand the difference.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2013, 03:30:20 pm »

that does seem like a problem, i'd start a new thread for it though
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2013, 05:50:24 pm »

There are rules that can remove the damage caps for low level toons.  Might help.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2013, 06:44:04 pm »

Again, wasnt trying to bring up a new topic. As I said, Hunter knows about this already and is addressing it. Was using it as an example: sometimes new changes have unintended consequences.

dartonion

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2013, 03:49:32 am »

i agree with you on that. hopefully can find a good balance for all chars playing

RAWR!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 8678