Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 12:16:53 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Bag of Plat  (Read 8559 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2013, 03:52:17 pm »

Added a rare chance for bag of plat to drop in Qvic and a less rare chance for bag of plat to drop in hohonora.

This is via quest addloot so the regular loot tables were not touched. This is in addition to regular loot.

Will probably tweak in future how often it drops.

Since this is being done via default.pl quest file, some pets might not work like Cleric pets. Might need to copy/paste pet code into a file name of the clerics pet and put that in templates for it to work.

Seems every mob in PoDragons have their own quest file so I'll have to mass edit lots of quest there to add plat bags later.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 04:33:25 pm »

Thank You!  <3
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 06:19:29 pm »

Will this be added after reset?  Cleared a HoH and did not see any bags.  Also as a side idea to reduce lag, I believe most people are spamming HoH instances, clearing heavens then creating a new one.  If the charm chance that Heavens mobs have, was added to all the avatar's, might reduce instance spamming for v2 charm farming.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 06:31:58 pm »

Only Avatar of Heavens have chance for charm? I might have to update that to all Avatars

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 06:34:11 pm »

All avatars have a "chance" where heavens rolls the chance x amount of times. You definitely see them more farming heavens than any other section, I could get 3-4 while farming all of heavens in a clear, or spend more time farming the whole zone, and maybe get zero extra from any other avatars. Sometimes maybe 1 extra.
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 06:42:11 pm »

Its RNG but generally speaking Heavens > others

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Fanon_Emarr

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 06:49:59 pm »

Heavens gets two rolls as opposed to one for all others, yeah?

I've actually seen two V2 charms drop off a single Heavens Avatar, but even one charm is rare elsewhere in the zone.

Would be nice if they all had the same odds. Would reduce instance spam too, as the lower-output folks would more likely clear out a zone rather than simply run Heavens and then spend money to pop a new instance.

Faynon (Pal) / Necrofanster (Really?) / Nonaf (SK) / Fanfabulous (Bard) / Fandurable (War) / Fanfireworks (Mage)
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 06:51:06 pm »

yeah because i'll be honest, i'm spamming heaven instances like no other just because I can clear heavens so fast, drop it, start a new one up and keep that chain going.
MacofMacs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 07:04:13 pm »

yeah because i'll be honest, i'm spamming heaven instances like no other just because I can clear heavens so fast, drop it, start a new one up and keep that chain going.
That's what I'm doing at the moment
red2

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 12:05:52 am »

i have spent over 100 hours hunting hoh. i realize RNG makes this anecdote, not PROOF. yes Heavens usually has a higher droprate than all the rest. however they are VERY stingy on sorc/oracles. usually have to clear rest of zone for those. you can clear heavens and get 2-5 charms, then clear rest of zone and get 1-2 maybe. if the whole zone had the same chance, people wouldn't spam group instances over and over and over... instead clearing the whole zone ( slowing them down some) before making new.
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 07:09:07 am »

i have spent over 100 hours hunting hoh. i realize RNG makes this anecdote, not PROOF. yes Heavens usually has a higher droprate than all the rest. however they are VERY stingy on sorc/oracles. usually have to clear rest of zone for those. you can clear heavens and get 2-5 charms, then clear rest of zone and get 1-2 maybe. if the whole zone had the same chance, people wouldn't spam group instances over and over and over... instead clearing the whole zone ( slowing them down some) before making new.

It would also make killing shadow worth the time. Clear up to shadow, beat him till he jumps...rinse repeat.

Hulkmad
Artemis

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 10:31:32 am »

Shadow is still a timesink. I have been in there for 4 days now working on finishing my 1st UC.  Of the several times I did kill shadow, there were prob half of those instances that he either did not drop a charm or dropped a single V1.  It is still better use of time for the not so geared folkes to kill Heavens and rinse/repeat.  IMO

Edit:The bags of plat are a nice suprise, though. =)

Team Warmon
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 10:33:37 am by Artemis » Logged
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 11:49:50 am »

Shadow is still a timesink. I have been in there for 4 days now working on finishing my 1st UC.  Of the several times I did kill shadow, there were prob half of those instances that he either did not drop a charm or dropped a single V1.  It is still better use of time for the not so geared folkes to kill Heavens and rinse/repeat.  IMO

Edit:The bags of plat are a nice suprise, though. =)

Team Warmon

Right, what I'm saying (following the previous discussion) is that if all the avatars roll twice on the loot table for charms (just like Heavens) then farming Shadow would just be part of clearing the instance and no longer a time sink.

Hulkmad
Artemis

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 12:24:16 pm »

Understood, what I get for posting as I wake up. =/
jamey0181

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 12:55:14 pm »

thought the entire point of shadow rarely dropping charm's was to avoid ppl farming him he was changed a while back to not drop charm's every time as for other mob's in hoh rolling twice isn't that what there's double loot weekend's for ?
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 120
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)