Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 03:01:31 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: EZ PVP ZONE!  (Read 25917 times)
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 12:15:48 am »

Yeah, now i'm getting all kinds of new things from HOH. including being rooted from other than just Earth avatars. Kind've annoying. Might want to be looked at
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 12:53:25 am »

Yeah, now i'm getting all kinds of new things from HOH. including being rooted from other than just Earth avatars. Kind've annoying. Might want to be looked at

Hunter turned back on spells for HOH. Only a few old school might remember what those did. Should be fun

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 08:41:07 am »

Hunter turned back on spells for HOH. Only a few old school might remember what those did. Should be fun

I remember those quite well....
Garete

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 10:13:40 am »

With heaven slowing 95% my necro pet cant do more then one avatar from there at a time now.  Its rough lol.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 12:39:25 pm »

Poor Necros.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2013, 02:12:39 pm »

Here's a idea. Problem with pvp in EZ will be the huge difference from top gear toons to bottom geared toons.
Not sure if this is possible but here goes.
Make crafted gear(ie blue diamond) pvp specific. Have pvp augs that only fit that gear. And make it wearable in the pvp zone. Would lvl the playing field and so those with mad pvp skillz would rise to the top rather then just those with end game gear.
Bosses could drop augs specific to pvp(not sure what those would be)
And to make it more interesting kinda like old RZ server allow looting of money/1 armor item.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2013, 02:37:26 pm »

Here's a idea. Problem with pvp in EZ will be the huge difference from top gear toons to bottom geared toons.
Not sure if this is possible but here goes.
Make crafted gear(ie blue diamond) pvp specific. Have pvp augs that only fit that gear. And make it wearable in the pvp zone. Would lvl the playing field and so those with mad pvp skillz would rise to the top rather then just those with end game gear.
Bosses could drop augs specific to pvp(not sure what those would be)
And to make it more interesting kinda like old RZ server allow looting of money/1 armor item.

For a singular zone, it seems like a huge workload. I think the point was just to give players somewhere to crucify each other.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2013, 02:58:42 pm »

I figured it would probably big a ton of work, but seeing as hunter has T7 running maybe he has spare time now... Grin .... Tongue

J/k
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2013, 03:19:52 pm »

Rather than force players to wear certain armor, and any other problems that comes with looting like losing gear, think that it'd be better to have pvp zones that have a max flagged allowed else get booted from zone. So there would be a zone for T1/T2 players, get best gear you can for that tier, etc.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2013, 05:50:23 pm »

Rather than force players to wear certain armor, and any other problems that comes with looting like losing gear, think that it'd be better to have pvp zones that have a max flagged allowed else get booted from zone. So there would be a zone for T1/T2 players, get best gear you can for that tier, etc.

Pretty simple and easy solutuion. I remember back when you changed the arena to the level 1 requirement for the pvp event we did for christmas a few years ago.
zymral

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2013, 06:17:06 pm »

Personally i think that bringing pvp to the server is a very bad idea. The dps we have is just insane to try to balance around. Then you have to whole problem of multi boxers. Yes they are just better mobs but 5 wizzies will destroy anyone. I feel you are spending time on a zone where no one will go after a few weeks. I mean how do you balance a person that boxes 3 toons verse one that boxes 12. I mean thos with the utmost respect but this is a real waste of time persuing.
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2013, 06:21:11 pm »

I was having fun with just a cleric!

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2013, 08:36:01 pm »

Personally i think that bringing pvp to the server is a very bad idea.

It's not required.  If you don't enjoy it, do what you've been doing here all along and ignore that one zone.
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2013, 08:46:55 pm »

Would be nice if there could be a NPC in Nexus to hail for countdown timer on Jewelry Collector.

Main: Bubbin
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2013, 10:02:21 pm »

The spawn time is random 4-6 hrs, but at least he shouts to whole server when he's up.

So if 1 person makes a 12 box and everyone else is scared, then I guess that 1 person will make 500kpp every now and then from just 1 kill.

I'm sure players will find ways to adapt and over come what seems to be unfair with 12 boxers in the zone.

I currently don't know how to limit to just 1 box in the pvp zone.

The only 'balance' that I'll be doing is making spells -1000 resist.

Have players tried Levitate, Reflect, or other strategies? What about mem blur and steal the kill at 1%? I've seen people even get swarmed and shout killed from Halloween Items.

Try use AoE vs multiboxers.

I would consider pvp gear to drop, maybe something with more reflect on it, or resist, levi clickies, stun clickies, etc. Maybe AoE Mez max level 70 which wouldn't affect too many high end custom tiers. That'd really screw up a 12boxer.

If you don't enjoy pvp then don't zone in.

I think its a nice change for anyone looking for more to do, other ways for money, or wants to see who is most powerful EZ Player.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678