Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 05:58:54 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: EZ PVP ZONE!  (Read 25869 times)
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2013, 02:42:45 pm »

PVP
I know you really enjoy PvP but the core of EZ is PvE...

+1

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2013, 02:43:10 pm »

Also, Pets don't work too well in this zone. I was messing around and my mage's pet kept hitting my paladin/cleric, even when trying to use /pet focus.

Last I knew /pet focus does not work and never has worked.

Griz

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2013, 02:54:44 pm »

Nevermind, I guess I killed the wrong "boss" apparently?

God this guy has a lot of HP, and he only hits for like 1k. Also, his AC is hilarious. It's funny seeing

on my ranger. It's like Ssra Temple all over again Sad My crew of 6 that can melt shadow in about 1 minute was taking his hp down by only around 4% per min
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 02:56:53 pm by Griz » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2013, 03:35:14 pm »

Grats 500k pp gem Smiley

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2013, 04:34:39 pm »

PVP

yeah in PVP zone... but the changes are tidal waves in the PVE zones..

I know you really enjoy PvP but the core of EZ is PvE...

/meh your world though

maybe we could just get a few new spells made that are identical to the original pvp spells that npcs seem to also have, that way they would be PC only? Im thinking thats easier said then done though...otherwise id have to agree with fugi
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2013, 05:09:06 pm »

Grats 500k pp gem Smiley

I was pleased that nobody came and killed me when I went afk autoattacking him to make lunch :|

I dunno, 500k pp for half an hour of a trivial act is pretty damn good compared to normal cash farming (velks or whatever) but I dunno if it's the kind of thing that would spark people to want to pvp over it, considering the chance of spending 28 minutes getting him to 5% then having someone come in and gank you. He's already balanced by his respawn time.

If you look at other games with pvp elements, usually racing for a mob in a contested zone, you aren't really strapping in for a 30 minute fight. I remember trying to kill Lord Kazzak on a pvp server in WoW (and the green dragons) and they were generally a 3ish minute fight with a high chance of wiping. I'm not sure how that kind of enviorment could be simulated here, unless there was some way to normalize everyone's stats while in the zone (like spirit shrouds or something) to ensure an even challenge for both the pvp and the contested NPCs.

Edit: Pets and berserkers being pretty much unusable in here is also pretty lame. Is there any way to disable friendly fire from partied players?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 05:15:10 pm by Griz » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2013, 05:16:04 pm »

I saw a multiboxer wipe him out in about 2 minutes.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2013, 05:21:35 pm »

Was it someone in a lot of T7 gear already? I was only able to use 5 of my characters since my mage's pet kept going ballistic and killing my guys instead of him. I normally have the DPS to kill shadow pretty quickly (he has 50M HP) and yet I estimate the gem guy has about 1 billion (so, 20 shadows or 10 warlords). He literally doesn't do anything but stand there and hit for 1000 damage which is less than anyone with at least T2 gear will regen. If that's your desire for what you want the fight to be, then okay, but for 95% of the players who would consider attacking him, it's gonna be "autoattack with all characters, go surf the web or do something else, hope you don't get ganked"
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2013, 05:25:29 pm »

Killing him in 2 minutes would take 8.3 million dps, so that's basically 2 groups of monks/wizards with ninjastrike 9 augs and/or UC2s/mana necklaces. Also because his AC is so high and he seems to resist everything that isn't strike augs (and perhaps wizard nukes?), for instance he was resisting all my tempest blade procs, I doubt people will actually be doing their normal dps on him.

I mean, I run with a bard and even singing war march/etc and having about 5.5k ATK, my ranger was doing minimum bow hits about 80% of the time.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 05:28:38 pm by Griz » Logged
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2013, 07:40:02 pm »

My primary issue with the NPC is that there's no way to know when he's going to spawn. If you're zoning, or chewing through a bunch of mobs, chances are good the single announcement will get missed. I've looted the gem twice now--both times were uncontested. The server needs to know when it's going to spawn beforehand if we want players to actually duke it out. Either way, it's a fun thing to check on log in. Thanks, Hunter!

As an aside, I don't think anyone will be looting that gem outside of T6/7, or an extremely wealthy T5. With a billion hitpoints, there's no way some noob is going to kill it before someone does a /who overthere and catches them at it. I think this was already addressed, though--possibility of a few other flagged pvp zones.

Main: Bubbin
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2013, 05:08:30 am »

Grats 500k pp gem Smiley

I was pleased that nobody came and killed me when I went afk autoattacking him to make lunch :|

•No bot / afk farming

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2013, 05:10:59 am »

I saw a multiboxer wipe him out in about 2 minutes.

I've seen a wizard run in and wipe out an entire raid! =p

Griz

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2013, 12:17:53 pm »

•No bot / afk farming

Hey, I came back before he was dead! If you are gonna tell me you've never taken a brief afk during a long (10+ min) fight on this server, I will call you a liar.

I'm pretty sure the "no afk farming" means "Don't afk with your 4.0 pet out in PoFire overnight" and "Don't macro farm gems/SLSes)
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2013, 10:59:07 pm »

Hey Hunter

I seem to recall SoE playing with the idea of a player being able to play NPCs in various zones back when EQ was still new.  It was a trial that didn't last long and for some reason they only did once when I played live.  I do recall it being a blast of fun tho. 

Would it be possible for the PvP zone to have a feature that would allow players to do that?  From memory the NPC that spawned for a player was based on their lvl (ie. A T7 player might spawn as OMM in the PvP zone).  Obviously players that choose to play this way in the zone would forfeit loot as the NPC that spawns is only alive for the duration of the play session (at least that's how I remember it working).

Just a thought Smiley

Strix

Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2013, 11:06:44 pm »

Hey Hunter

I seem to recall SoE playing with the idea of a player being able to play NPCs in various zones back when EQ was still new.  It was a trial that didn't last long and for some reason they only did once when I played live.  I do recall it being a blast of fun tho. 

Would it be possible for the PvP zone to have a feature that would allow players to do that?  From memory the NPC that spawned for a player was based on their lvl (ie. A T7 player might spawn as OMM in the PvP zone).  Obviously players that choose to play this way in the zone would forfeit loot as the NPC that spawns is only alive for the duration of the play session (at least that's how I remember it working).

Just a thought Smiley

Strix

You dinosaur you Strix aha just kidding I remember that too. I don't know how it works at all honestly anymore but could be a fun idea for PVP here.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)