Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 02:22:37 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: NS/IS/FS 9 augs  (Read 4001 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2013, 03:05:17 pm »

I have come to a point of confussion.  I do not understand the change to the current getup for strike augs.  I understand the reason: One aug procing on several hundred characters is less lag and bandwidth than 3 lesser powered augs proc'ing on the same target....and that would make perfect sense if it were a win-win for both player characters and server administrator, but as it stands now you will have to farm older content again to make yet ANOTHER ninjastrike aug to make your last strike aug....now I could possibly understand this if other ideas to lower aug costs or lower the number of components for the augs but other than having a 7.0 I dont understand the NEED to have a 7.0 with the cost factored in.  I know this has been mentioned before but I think you really need to rethink the current setup, Hunter.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 03:49:52 pm »

To break 1mhp unbuffed. Seems like a decent reason to me.
I agree making the strike 9's is painful however we had another thread for this topic.
Honestly I have no idea who you are in game, you might very well be in a guild capable of killing the 7.0 boss but if not, why bitch about the 9's?

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 03:52:00 pm »

He is in magister, i'd magelo people if you aren't familiar with them...he's wielding a 7.0 on his profile anyways
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 05:50:13 pm »

+1 for needing a 7.0 to use type 9 augs!

+1 for anti-twinking measures.

This quote from you below is awesome!! You tell him!.... .... .. I would be more tact then that..

I think you really need to rethink the current setup, Hunter.

I'm pretty sure you missed all this below including some posts from from your guildmates.

This will be my last time commenting on 1 NS + 2 FS into 1 Aug since I've repeated it so many times in game already.

Its too much work in the recipes table with all the possible combinations of mixing different types of augs together.

Going to keep it simple, 3 of 1 kind gets a new aug. So if you already have mix n match of different types of augs then just trade with each other to get 3 of 1 kind, sort of like Monopoly.

If I can find a way to convert everyones Strike I-VIII in the way we're doing IX's then I'd be able to lower the delay a little bit, but I doubt it would go back to the way it was before. Haste cap was too high, and weapon damage was too low. I doubt many other emu servers spam combat the way we did, to the point where players had to use MQ2 filters to keep from desync.

One step at a time. Today is Epic 7.0 Strike Aug IX's.

Enjoy!

Then use an Icestrike if Ninjastrike is too much.

With UCv2 my NS IX was proc'ing 1,350,000 dmg and 2,700,000 crits. For people that want to invest time into getting NS IX then you'll have more DPS else just get the Icestrike IX instead.

I posted new spell file 01-02-13 already so you can see the damage values.

This one is from your guildmate/leader

I understand that you have said you are finished discussing this, but I want to make one last plea with what I hope is a clear explanation.

Up to this point there have been 3 types of Strike Aug users.  FS users (3 X FS aug), IS users (3 X IS aug), and NS users (1 NS and 2 IS augs).  Each and every one of us has spent a lot of hours farming materials and plat to equip all of our toons based on this formula.

What I am asking you to consider is making 3 new Strike Augs based on what has been historically the path people have followed.  The FS9 and IS9 augs you have created are awesome.  What I would like to see is a change to the NS9 aug where the combine is NS8 + IS8 + IS8 + 2 Essence + 2 SLS = NS9.  What this would do is allow people, who have put hundreds of hours into gearing their toons, the chance to use that time and the resulting gear towards the new gear.

I don't want to see 32 different recipes to allow people to mash together any sort of strike aug to create a new hybrid.  I would just like to see the 3 aug layouts that have been used all along continue into T7.

The current recipes which include 3 X NS8 to make an NS9 will force every player to farm for weeks to collect mats to create 4 new NS8 augs for each melee toon, while leaving them with 4 IS8 augs per melee toon rotting in the bank.

I am sorry if this seems like nagging at you, I just wanted to be clear that I was never asking for you to do more work in creating recipes, only that you approach the 3 new recipes in a way that allows us to use the gear we have developed over the years.

Thanks,

Brokyn

One more from Hunter

You don't have to use a Ninjastrike IX, you could use Icestrike IX.

Overthere mob now drops 500k pp gem to sell, which should help.

DPS isn't free.

If you are 6 boxing, then mix n match your Augs to give yourself 2 NS IX and 4 IS IX.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:17:07 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 11:09:12 pm »

Sillymsggoeshere
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 01:04:43 am by Felony » Logged

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 80
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)