Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 02:02:45 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: HoH v2's  (Read 8453 times)
red2

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2013, 07:01:18 pm »

ok please don't Flame me ... want to have an intelligent conversation on drop rates. they are  bad. last weekend spent 18+ hours looking for Sorcerer charms, found 1 on my on in that time bout the rest i needed. who here hasn't seen Dubbo begging for oracles ( he finally got his uc). i got all 3 of the other types filled out on 2 other toons looking for those 9 charms. now i am doing it again looking for sorc on another toon. seems like the drop rate used to be better. is the new plat bag taking a spot for a roll of a charm ?
MacofMacs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 07:36:45 pm »

I got to agree, 19 clears and seen 1 brawler and 1 guardian
jamey0181

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 07:50:42 pm »

rng suck's sometime's just gotta get used to it
MacofMacs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 08:05:46 pm »

Due to thefact of 19 clears adn only 2 total of the most common charms? how are u sposed to get used to that lol
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 08:28:50 pm »

Well, not but a few days ago I did 3 clears and change and 31 charms. Welcome to rng.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
MacofMacs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 08:38:01 pm »

Lol.. I call bullshit Mpano
red2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 09:34:59 pm »

we were not there. it should technically be possible to get 1+ charm per mob from every mob in heavens for 3 runs, however the possibility of this happening in non-double-loot is so statistically low as to be an outlier and can be ignored. i have been heavens grp instance hopping and actually been pretty lucky with 0-2 charms per run, and in 4 hours have had 2 sorc charms drop. however i do not think it shold take 50 ish hours just to finish this part, when in that time you would have found all the other charms lonnnnnnngggggggg ago.

how about a rotbot, takes 10 epic pages, get a charm of choice? or some other #? something similar to ldon points.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 09:39:30 pm by ixidorecu » Logged
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 09:46:38 pm »

Sorry if my opinion differs, but I don't see a problem with v2 drop rates in HOH. Charm upgrades have been extremely streamlined for v1 drops and v2 are the same rate they always were. I am back in HOH farming v2 drops for my gimps and average 2 drops per clear of just Heavens mobs, mind you sometimes more and sometimes less... yeah they may not be the ones I need, but they aren't any less common than they were before the changes to LDoN and that was the hardest part for me to get motivated for.
red2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 09:51:39 pm »

no its not the ldon changes, i think, im becoming convinced the plat bag roll is taking a slot of a charm, as in every-time you get a bag, could have gotten a charm. every time it even rolled on a bag it is doing that instead of a charm. lowering the percentage just a little.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 10:30:33 pm »

You can get a charm and a bag. They don't affect each other.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Udeni

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 10:50:40 pm »

Idea - keep the current drop rates the exact same, except replace all charms with a "charm token" - stackable, non-lore, nodrop/notrade. You hand in one Charm Token to the merchant at the entrance to get a charm v2 upgrade of your choice.

This wouldn't make UC any easier to get (RNG can still be a bitch) but it makes it less annoying. Most of the people that i've heard complain about the charm v2 upgrades are people that only need 1-2 upgrades of one specific kind.

Opeij - Paladin, Udenii - Warrior, Dustoff - Cleric, Udeni - Berzerker, Intap - Wizard, Tempten - Shaman, Inedu - Enchanter, Ewoida - Druid, Gusis - Bard, Ranyp - Mage
jamey0181

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 11:20:38 pm »

i know ppl are really gonna hate me saying this but first ldon was changed is quicker than ever it seems to be basically now like double loot used to be and then some now ppl that was whining about ldon are now in hoh getting the rng there and whining even more it look's to me someone give's a inch and ppl keep trying to take 2 mile's does it or will it ever stop ? flame away
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 11:25:21 pm »

Nope, it will not stop. Kind of funny to see the level of crying about this.
Here is exactly how this goes, Newb_X day 3 on the server is in HOH farming and complaining about how hard the V2 is to get. Fast forward 6 months and Not_So_Newb_X is in T6 or T7 and telling people HoH is fine.

Its the cycle of things here, watch and see.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 05:06:11 am »

i sell HoH runs and i do 1-2 clear runs anyday and i cant cry looks like ever and bags need few higher drop chance ;p

2-4charms from heavens mostly by clear and 1-2 from each other by clear not ever but looks fine to me!

Shadow suxx now... want old one back ( warped now nearly ever 4x and droped max 2 charms ) 5 gems samtimes a token

old Shadow ( warped sametimes 1000x ;p but 0 charms very rare drop ;p most 2-3 ) 10-15gems and 2-3 tokens

Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 12:41:46 pm »

I am up to 6 UCs in my group and I don't think there needs to be any change in HOH, never had an issue with it even back to my first one.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)