Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 05:41:40 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Issues with melee on Large mobs.  (Read 13418 times)
shawnluc

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2013, 12:30:39 am »

Howdy all,
                  Have been tweaking my macros to get my group working, and I have been having issues with my melee not attacking large mobs.
I dont get the out of range message, but they dont attack.

I have tried messing with mq2melee stick range, but that apparently just adjusts how far away they will engage.

Any way, any info that people can provide would be great!

Thanks!

Soraken
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 07:11:06 am »

Why don't you just use /stick behind and /attack. Mq2Melee is too flaky in my opinion.

Hulkmad
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 07:15:17 am »

Not just that, but mq2melee isnt allowed. Get caught using it and Hunter will boot ya.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
shawnluc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 08:00:23 am »

Not just that, but mq2melee isnt allowed. Get caught using it and Hunter will boot ya.

Oh?  Can you pleas provide a URL for reference?  Didnt see anything in the server rules...

Thanks.  Soraken
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 09:18:05 am »

It has been stated by Hunter in game. MQ2melee will engage mobs with no intervention on your part.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 09:54:06 am »

Its in the rules regarding afk combat....and mq2melee allows afk combat. As Xig stated, hunter has put a "no no" on that plugin, and has stated so in game, even if people dont connect the dots from his rules.

Use if you want, but if you do I wont plan on seeing you here very long.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 10:41:45 am »

MQ2melee is a piece of shit plugin, stop using it.

Assuming you are using a hotkey like so:
Code:
/multiline ; /bct name //target id ${Target.ID} ; /bct name //stick ${Math.Calc[${Target.MaxRangeTo}-3]} ; /bct name //attack on

What you are describing is another issue however. What happens when you target shit out of the allowed range then try to turn on combat? Exactly what you are seeing.
You need to clear target and retarget then you can hit them again.

And xiggie... seriously dude? Read the mq2wiki and look at the source for that plugin and then come back and show me where that shit will
MQ2melee will engage mobs with no intervention on your part.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 11:11:36 am »

Lol Felony
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 01:37:10 pm »

Oops, my bad. I have not messed with mq2melee much at all and not for a long time. The 2 times I have fooled with it my whole setup went to shit with my toons recovering from FD and re-engaging the mob when everyone else was dead and I was hoping to fd through a wipe. That along with the forced stick at and not being able to adjust that stick mid battle without typing all kinds of shit in. I guess that re-engaging and it being a long time ago made me misremember as it automatically engaging mobs. Looking it over I can see that it doesn't. It's still a shitty and too controlling plugin.

Nashoba

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 01:50:09 pm »

I dont mean to be a dick but why put an opinion in if its been so long since u used it and u made it sound like u barely used it...
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 02:06:33 pm »

Because I looked at it quite thoroughly when I did look at it. I couldn't find one good thing about it. Just because I have not used it on a daily basis that does not mean I can not have an opinion on it.

Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 08:53:35 pm »

I dig on xiggie but I still support his right to have an opinion on shit.
I have an opinion on a lot of crap on the forum that is not really related to anything worthwhile.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 06:34:21 am »

As many times as I have corrected people on these forums and at times quite sharply I should be able to handle being called out when I make a misstatement.

dartonion

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 07:21:07 am »

thats what the forums is about giving your opinion on things. most of the time Xiggie and Felony both have alot of good info and advice to share. its good that you guys correct each other keeps both of your info more accurate and helpful. thank you guys

RAWR!!!!
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 01:40:37 pm »

I love me a good Felony rant any day of the week.

Hulkmad
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 120
  • Online Ever: 8678