Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:35:41 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Jewelry Collector  (Read 20827 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2013, 02:22:46 am »

The Jewelry Collector in Overthere Zone will now drop 2 gems worth 1 million platinum each.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
dartonion

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 03:08:47 am »

the first pvp battle for him now was sweet hope to have even better ones soon.. even though blarr pwned me Sad

RAWR!!!!
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 10:40:37 am »

Might make a super ranked item quest that requires this million platinum gem. A ranked Divine Intervention with higher ranks having better chance to save you from death would be an idea.

So does does only 1 multiboxer win and the rest of the server can't gank the guy farming it?

Maybe make some clickies, like AoE reduce healing by 95% debuff, or AoE Mez, etc should help single boxes kill multiboxes.

I plan on expanding on Overthere zone, with pvp gear, clickies, etc.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 10:43:34 am »

Most of the time it is Yeejek  farming the zone.  I have no issue with him being the guy, it's just that not many see the spawn message go by in plain white text.  Maybe if you had the spawn announcement in a serverwide shout it would alert more people.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
dartonion

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 11:00:13 am »

i usually go over there solo. there are a few that box pvp in there.. im new to pvp for most part so i just take my war and kill what i can.. its fun regardless

RAWR!!!!
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 11:01:51 am »

I don't think it's a great idea to level the playing field for pvp.  The people who have been on the server longer, or who have made further progress into the game should have earned the right to be stronger and more capable pvp fighters.

Maybe a way to get more people involved would be to have multiple instances of the zone.  Maybe a Gem Collector spawns in the Overthere in an instance for people in T1-T3, one in an instance for T4-T5, and one for T6-T7?  You could make them drop 1, 2, 3 gems according to the instance...  It might promote more level pvp battles and encourage more people to participate.

Another idea, not sure if it is possible, would be to disband all groups and raids as soon as you zone in.  It might make it more difficult for a multi boxer (such as myself) to steamroll the event.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 11:43:39 am by Brokyn » Logged

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
dartonion

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 11:34:06 am »

agreed. and with the prize so high for the highest tier pvp it will encourage people to gear up there toons for the greater rewards.. or rather it should will always get people that are upset but cant plz everyone

RAWR!!!!
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 12:02:51 pm »

Problem with that is that the end game guys with the end game gear farm the end game and the PvP as well.
PvP should be based on skill not gear. Gear should help but it should not be the determining factor for PvP. In time you will only have a few end game guys sitting there farming the gems.
For PvP to be fun the underdog has to have some sort of chance...
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 12:04:43 pm »

Later I might consider a new pvp zone with a max flag allowed to zone in else get booted, such as only players up to T2 allowed, no T3+. I might be able to boot players in this new pvp zone too that have any stike augs, but not sure if the hasitem code would see augmented weapons. Would have to test that out. I realize this would end up in who can twink the best T2 player contest, which can be fun. I had some level 19 and level 29 twinks on WoW back in the days, such as a 29 Paladin with 3k HP that could capture flags without dying using the remove root skill thingie (Blessing of Freedom?).

One way to prevent the same multiboxer from farming would be to boot the 'group' that gets credit for the kill. The boot from zone would be for 24 hours, and allow others to attempt the next event in 4-6 hr respawn.

Planning on making a pvp merchant that takes that gem that drops. Would have tons of stuff available like Heroric Resist gear, AoE Clickies (Stun, Mez, Glux, Reduce healing Debuff, Fear, Charm, etc), and maybe some ranked stuff like Divine Intervention with ranks for higher and higher chance to save you from death. With a ton of items to choose from, and the ranked items as well, would be nearly impossible to get everything, so there would always be reason to come back to get more gear. Even if someone got all the pvp gear, they would probably still come back for the 2 million platinum.

I do think that someone that put in their time to gear up should be rewarded, but I would like to find ways to prevent 1 person from multibox lock down the mob. The 24 hour boot + AoE clickies might help with that.

Post ideas here, and I plan on making more content for Overthere in the near future based on feed back.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 12:07:45 pm »

Maybe even a noobie pvp zone such as if you have ANY flags like Qvic's 3.0 Flag then you can't enter the zone.

This would limit players to Epic 2.0's although I could put code in there to allow Epic 1.0 max.

Only other concern would be augs and spells. I'm sure Augs would be fine depending what you can put in epics 1.0, so then question would be those super powerful drop spells that Hateborne created. Are any of them tradeable? Otherwise if no-drop on all of them, shouldn't be any issues of noobs having a super 1-shot spell.

Would almost be P99 style pvp.

This would make Custom Blue Diamond Armor worth having again Smiley

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 02:30:37 pm »

I know this is kinda a WoW thing but would it be possible to get "pvp" points and be able to buy the Pvp items with points? This would then allow people with low-mid gear to use their pvp skill to gain gear to deal with end game players.
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 03:14:12 pm »

Being able to hail an npc in overthere to find out when the next Jewelry NPC is going to spawn would up the competition considerably, I expect.

Main: Bubbin
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 03:47:07 pm »

I don't know how to credit people with a pvp kill when the server is not set to pvp.

Also how would we prevent people from killing their own multibox for points?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Metuka

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 06:29:18 pm »

Maybe even a noobie pvp zone such as if you have ANY flags like Qvic's 3.0 Flag then you can't enter the zone.

This would limit players to Epic 2.0's although I could put code in there to allow Epic 1.0 max.

Only other concern would be augs and spells. I'm sure Augs would be fine depending what you can put in epics 1.0, so then question would be those super powerful drop spells that Hateborne created. Are any of them tradeable? Otherwise if no-drop on all of them, shouldn't be any issues of noobs having a super 1-shot spell.

Would almost be P99 style pvp.

This would make Custom Blue Diamond Armor worth having again Smiley

My husband would love this idea.  He loves PVP, but is only finished with T2 gear and wouldn't stand much of a chance against the higher end players currently.  Will have to get him to come to the forum and give his input.  I know he got all excited when I first told him about the new PVP, but he felt inadequate to even try to compete.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 01:46:09 am »

Maybe 3 zones would be needed for pvp.

Zone 1) No flags allowed, max level 60
Zone 2) Max T2 Flag, everything else goes
Zone 3) Overthere which is what we have now.

Each would have rewards of platinum and/or items

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 96