Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 03:53:21 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Update 01-31-13  (Read 7576 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: January 31, 2013, 05:02:45 am »

Overthere now limits 1 character per IP. I realize some players might have access to more than 1 computer / IP which is fine. Just not going to have 6-12 boxes on 1 PC roflstomping the zone. If someone is locking the zone down, then everyone can gang up on them.

Soon will be able to re-bind players into the Nexus if they are currently bind in the pvp zone.

Gem Boss  in Overthere now respawn every 8hr + 10 minute variance and still drops 2 gems. HP for the boss was reduced to 1/2 Billion.

The Superior Willowisp in commons still has a 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 respawn time.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 11:53:40 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 07:51:34 am »

Working on the UW and so far I have the graphics set. Just search Google imagines for Everquest Forgeborn Ornament to see what they will look like.

The stats are looking good too. Currently adding 100 Heroic Resist per rank for raising your resist cap up by 900 at rank 9. So if you have aprox 500 resist already then your new cap resist would be around 1400 and most likely resist all mob spells in the game. I would start making T7+ mobs have -2000 resist to keep the challenge, and would not really affect players without the UW since -1000 or -2000 would have same affect.

Maybe someone can make up the Click, Worn, and Focus effects for these weapons? Hate is welcome to do this if he has free time, or other players can chip in as well. As for the 2hb weapon I'd prefer a huge Rune spell. Would only need to make the first rank, then I could clone and adjust the values. Obviously reserve the right to edit the final values as well. But the first rank with the effect per type of weapon would give me a good start on that.

So far we're going to have 1hs, 1hb, 2hb, dagger, and bow. They will be all/all but obviously the 2hb will be geared towards casters, dagger towards Rogues, and Bow towards Rangers.

Already have them set to 0 aug slots but the weapons themselves proc Ninjastrike I-IX depending on the rank weapon.

Will continue working on them, and try to copy them from the test server to live server before next reboot.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
dartonion

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 07:55:59 am »

looks/sounds sweet cant wait to start workin on getting it

RAWR!!!!
jstraw101
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 10:04:56 am »

Awesome work on the pvp zones.   My toons cannot compete in OT (yet) but the concept is great.   The level 60 pvp zone is very exciting.

Regarding the 8 hr static spawn time.   Why the change?   I enjoyed seeing the rainbow (and the response to it) every 2 hours.   

More spells on mobs and negative resists on T7+ is an awesome idea.    I've heard many people say that, due to SW, the T7 break in was too easy.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 10:30:08 am »

Yeah, T7 was too easy to break into, and will be fixed soon over next few weeks.

The 8 hour respawn is for the mob in OT, not Commons.

This is due to the 2 million platinum etc.

For every 2 hr fights, go to level 60 commons. Smiley

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 11:52:46 am »

I have the Ultimate Weapons mostly done.

The Crafters Guild Recipe Book should already reflect what the recipes will be.

The only thing left to do is the Task to turn in 100 Essences to a NPC to receive a "100 Essence of ..." token to be used in the final combine of the Ultimate Weapon.

Also, need some custom worn, focus, and click effects but will first make this weapons available asap, possible during next reboot.

The the final rank (IX) has about 1 Million HP, 100k base white damage, other damage bonuses including some bane damages, Ninjastrike Procs based on rank, 900 Heroic Resist that would put players at 1400-1500 resist cap, decent AC, Regen, etc. There is a curve on stuff like the HP, which would generally double a tanks HP based on the tier of essence required.

Player with a rank IX might end up resisting everything on the server! So would probably start making custom spells for the mobs in T7+ that have higher resist such as -2000 instead of -1000. Would not be changing all the npc spells in the game, just the custom npc spells that are in higher zones. Old world mobs, and T1-T7 mob spells, would probably stay the same.

This item is meant to be nearly impossible just like the Ring of the Ages Rank 500 is. Very few people will have it.

These Ultimate Weapons will not be lore, but they will be no trade, and primary only except bow which is ranged slot. So you'll probably use 1 UW + 1 Epic for those that dual wield.

So wait for reboot, still need to copy over the items and recipes from the test server. Will probably put the Task npc in the Crafters Guild.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 11:56:54 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 12:24:27 pm »

I don't know if you have already thought of this or not but would it be possible to have an npc to be able to turn the weapon in to get the other types? For instance turn the 1hb in for a 1hs, or the 1hs in for a 2hb. Also will the 2h versions have more hp and damage than the 1h version?

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 06:54:05 pm »

I can easily make an npc to swap out your UW for another kind. Would probably take quiet a few lines of code unless I find a fancy way of for looping the ids. Sure its trivial to do though.

Also since the requirements are the same for each type it would be fine to swap back and forth to get the right one, since it would be highly expensive to experiment and get them all.

The 1hb has 50% more damage and HP, and is meant to be a caster weapon being the only one with Mana right now. I might add some mana to the others but thats what I have set up so far.

Also if Warriors having an Epic in their off hand seems to not be enough to hold aggro, then I'm sure we can work something out to make a new Anger Aug that is more powerful or even some clickie or something. So I'm not too worried about Warriors.

I haven't tested yet, but if any spell experts could give me a heads up, would it be possible to have some 'recourse' spell that proc'ing 1 spell would also do another spell? Sort of like the Paladin proc where the main proc is a damage proc but its recourse link is a group heal spell. What I would want to make is something similar to first spell does damage, and 2nd spell linked to it does other stuff like snare or root, or what other creative things we can think of for a proc effect.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 06:57:44 pm »

Actually, the ids do have a pattern, which I did on purpose.

131501 = Rank 1 Longsword
131521 = Rank 1 Mace
131541 = Rank 1 Greatstaff
131561 = Rank 1 Dagger
131581 = Rank 1 Longbow

So I could do if $item1 > 131500 and $item1 < 131600 then $reward = $item1 + 20;

Then if $reward > 131600 then $reward -= 100;

So that would handle all 100 ranks swapping around.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
dartonion

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 08:31:16 pm »

cant wait to see the first UW. only bad thing is essence prices will go through the roof lol worth the tradeoff

RAWR!!!!
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 09:05:58 pm »

I got the Task working on test server so we're about 99% done, just need some focus and click effects to be added, but I can still release this content before that anyways and then add the effects after at some point.

The way the Task NPC works will be "Essence_Trader" NPC in Crafters Guild Zone.

Hailing the npc or giving the npc any item will result in it checking if you have the essence task for Qvic - T7. Any task that is not 'active' will be added to your Task window at that time.

If you don't have the task active yet (from not hailing the npc first) and then you turn in an item, then the npc will see the task is not active and give the task to you, but the essences you give it would not be counted towards the 100 requirement since you didn't have the task active before turning in the essence. But next time you hand in again, you'll get credit. Moral of the story is to hail the npc first and/or check your task window to make sure you have the task before handing in the items. Worse case if you forget is the 1st time you turn in will be lost, but each time after that will be counted.

Now if its not updating your task at all, then maybe the zone or character is bugged or crashed. Would suggest turn in 1, check task window to see if updated, then continue.

Everything is also logged to a text file with date, time, character, and item ids BUT we are not giving out any reimbursements. Be smart, hail the npc, get the task, and make sure it updates when you turn in the first time. Don't give items to your pet by accident obviously. There shouldn't be any issue with this quest npc though. It does however eat all items though, so know what you are giving to it.

Turning in 100 x "Essence of Qvic..." will give you a "100 Essences of Qvic..." token.

The npc is not in game yet, only in test server. Will try to have it up and ready during reboot time.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 10:35:03 pm »

Soo you were asking for ideas on spells...

This click effect would have a cooldown ...

Slot1 = AEMelee
Slot10 = MinDmgMod (melee)
Slot11 = MaxDmgMod (melee)
Slot12 = IncreaseDamage (spells)

Proc effect -- this is just generic dmg proc + swarm pets

Looks like this

Spell Info ---  Ignore the items stats  Tongue

What the swarm pets look like --- Black Mini Balrogs

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 10:59:48 pm »

Just noticed that using that clicky and switching to Halloween weapons would be way too Overpowered LOL

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 11:36:50 pm »

I have seen swarm pets cause lag, especially when it is more than one pet.

Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 01:25:55 am »

That is client lag not server lag and since MAYBE 5 people will have this item it wont matter.
p.s. if your comp sucks upgrade it!

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)