Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 06:58:35 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Essence and UW  (Read 10959 times)
spuddson

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2013, 10:43:35 am »

Ok ill prolly get flamed but 100 of each essence is a lot of farming. could i suggest upping the drop rates slightly ?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 11:26:34 am »

Considering some people already have 100 I don't think it is too much. The item is not meant to be had by everyone on the server. It is meant to be very few and far between.

marxist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 11:47:16 am »

OMG this will totally unbalance pvp
Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 12:28:17 pm »

OMG this will totally unbalance pvp

In about 5 months when someone finally acquires 100 D-Minors lol.
Udeni

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 12:30:42 pm »

I think the only essences that need upping are dragon minors. In a day where I got 1 dragon minor, I could kill the same amount of t2 and get 8 dragon majors. Just seems weird to me. All the other essences drop rates seem fine to me, it's just drag minor that is ridiculously low.

I could also just be *really* unlucky every time I have done t1.

Opeij - Paladin, Udenii - Warrior, Dustoff - Cleric, Udeni - Berzerker, Intap - Wizard, Tempten - Shaman, Inedu - Enchanter, Ewoida - Druid, Gusis - Bard, Ranyp - Mage
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 02:12:43 pm »

Ok ill prolly get flamed but 100 of each essence is a lot of farming. could i suggest upping the drop rates slightly ?

Sure, after I reduce the stats on the UW's by 95%

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Ybik

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 03:07:29 pm »

Most of the playerbase is better off completing augs over working on an uw. Hunter has already stated he wants this weapon to be rare so I wouldn't count on any kind of increase in essence drop rate, you simply have a choice between completing augs then starting UW or going for the UW and worrying about augs later.

*Edited post...having a cranky day b/c of patients who feel my hospital should pay for their care including their medications even though they have $2k plus in their wallet and drive nicer, newer cars than any of our nurses. Oh did I mention they become violent when we say No.*
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 04:25:08 pm by Ybik » Logged
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 03:58:58 pm »

I would be careful of attempting to get into a confrontation with Hunter. You will not win.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 04:12:19 pm »

Not attempting to "get into a confrontation". I was simply pointing out a lack of respect being shown to another human being. It doesn't matter if its Hunter, you, me or the President of the United States making the comment it was disrespectful and not needed.

He can say what ever the fuck he wants on HIS server.. don't like it don't come to forums and QQ..that honestly is the bottom line.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 04:15:20 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 04:25:28 pm »

Dragon minor drop rate is low compared to the others.
However it is Hunter's choice as to what the percent chance is for the stuff on his server.
Don't get me wrong, I bitch about it more then the rest of you but thats how I blow off steam, I bitch to my online friends and keep on trucking.

UW rank 1 and rank 2 and *MAYBE* rank 3 will be common.
When you start seeing Rank 4's you know people are serious.
Also damn near no one had/has 100 essences banked.
A lot of people were close, in the 80s and were able to get their UW rank1 within a couple hours of logging in but thats to be expected.

If Hunter wanted I would code a scaling version of each rank but that defeats the fun of the item.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Camric

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 05:34:09 pm »

I think the only essences that need upping are dragon minors. In a day where I got 1 dragon minor, I could kill the same amount of t2 and get 8 dragon majors. Just seems weird to me. All the other essences drop rates seem fine to me, it's just drag minor that is ridiculously low.

I could also just be *really* unlucky every time I have done t1.

Dragon minor drop rate is low compared to the others.
However it is Hunter's choice as to what the percent chance is for the stuff on his server.
Don't get me wrong, I bitch about it more then the rest of you but thats how I blow off steam, I bitch to my online friends and keep on trucking.

UW rank 1 and rank 2 and *MAYBE* rank 3 will be common.
When you start seeing Rank 4's you know people are serious.
Also damn near no one had/has 100 essences banked.
A lot of people were close, in the 80s and were able to get their UW rank1 within a couple hours of logging in but thats to be expected.

If Hunter wanted I would code a scaling version of each rank but that defeats the fun of the item.

I have not notice any issue with Dragon Minor Essences being having a lower drop rate than others.  The higher demand and people desires to have a UW asap is likely the perception of a low drop rate.

Just my 2cp.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 06:34:22 pm »

I've noticed that there's this seeming need by some to trivialize some things in MMO's. Its not new.....been happening in games for a long time. I actually read a comment by a lead dev from a game that I wont name...in essence stating that there is a bit of an injustice in the fact that the best gear/loot is only available to players who can spend weeks/months flagging, gearing and raiding.

Really. Huh. Best items in the game, only available to people willing to put in the time and effort. Damn, thats so unfair.

Hunter stated that UW's would be something that would be VERY hard to get....that would take the best geared players a lot of time and effort to acquire. What part of "ultimate weapon" was confusing?

The best houses and cars are available to people who can afford them....which means SOMEONE is going to be working their ass off to make that money. If not the driver/owner, then their mommy and/or daddy. The best game items are available to people willing to put in the effort, same way. Just because something exists doesnt mean you get to have it. Just because you can log in to a game doesnt mean the best toys will fall into your lap. The only "right" you have is the same as anyone else: the right to achieve your goals with effort, time, blood, sweat and tears.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 06:38:05 pm »

Oh, and a side note.....I will probably never see an ultimate weapon. I just cant commit the time....at least not in the foreseeable future. Does that bother me? Hell, no. If I cant commit the time why the hell should I get the goody?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 06:39:46 pm »

I will probably never see an ultimate weapon.

Here brick

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 06:41:02 pm »

Well said mpano66

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2
Print