Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 06:50:22 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Update 02-06-13  (Read 9990 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2013, 05:20:03 am »

Ran some player submitted spell files for this reboot. Thanks to those that worked on them. Some of it I think are pet 7.0 updates.

Credit System Revamped!

I've completely revamped players credits and ez credit cd keys. They are no longer stored in quest_globals due to the delay in the npc updating to see them. Before players may have had to make an instance or wait for server reboot before the npc would see the cd key, else would think it was invalid.

Now using custom tables with DBI which is instantly updated and more reliable. This will also allow us to give out free Christmas Credits again next time without worrying about players exploiting the free credits over and over when they got lucky enough for the npc to not see the qglobal 'flag' that was set to limit once per account.

Since the custom tables update instantly, I'll be able to assist quicker too such as editing someones balance in order to divide up credits from a key received previously. Also with the custom tables we can now have a credit key in any amount or value. So instead of getting a 5 and a 10 for 15 credits, I can just make 1 key of any value so there are less keys (1) required for any unique amount.

While writing this, I just realized I forgot to update the Credit_Exchange NPC which allows players to withdraw credits into the form of a cd key, which now we can do any unique value. I removed the spawn for that NPC for now but it should be back and updated to the new system within a day. Key_Master and EZ_Rewards are 100% updated and ready for use now though.

I would consider lowering the 50 credit minimum balance to transfer credits but there are still hundreds of inactive noob accounts with either 20 or 40 credit balance. Pretty obvioius that a few people spammed free accounts on eqemu to farm free credits, maybe hoping to cash in later for millions of platinum or other stuff.

Custom tables allow better logging too.

So all players credit balances AND unused credit cd keys have been all transferred over to the new system and custom tables. Non credit keys such as item reimbursements, flags, etc have not been transferred. This should be a very minor issue if at all. If you have one of these that is not working, then email me and I can verify any old keys that existed before the new system, and then re-make them as needed.

Surprised I got it all done today since I'm still bit sick. Caffine drinks helped out.

Let me know if there are any issues. There shouldn't be since I tested out the new system for a few hours. As always, I reward with ez credits for info on bugs and explots, usually anywhere from 50 to 100's of credits depending on how valuable the tip is.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:59:29 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fjord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 05:08:04 pm »

Just a heads up, the EZ Credit dude no longer takes the 1 EZ CREDIT dropped from the superior willowisp.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 10:28:08 pm »

I'll add that to my list and fix that within a day.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
rippr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 10:35:06 pm »

Any chance of making the 1 EZ Credit drops from the 60pvp boss non lore?
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 12:27:47 pm »

While writing this, I just realized I forgot to update the Credit_Exchange NPC which allows players to withdraw credits into the form of a cd key, which now we can do any unique value. I removed the spawn for that NPC for now but it should be back and updated to the new system within a day. Key_Master and EZ_Rewards are 100% updated and ready for use now though.

Just wondering if this NPC is coming back soon

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 12:41:39 pm »

Soon

Hunter - EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 12:44:04 pm »

Soon

Soon™

Fixed.

-Hate

(oh and Blizzard needs a royalty for using it)

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 12:55:47 pm »

Disabled RoF until devs finish work on it.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 01:00:38 pm »

Gun Quest for Pre-Nerf Circlet is now repeatable.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 12:50:48 pm »

Credit System Revamped!

I've completely revamped players credits and ez credit cd keys. They are no longer stored in quest_globals due to the delay in the npc updating to see them. Before players may have had to make an instance or wait for server reboot before the npc would see the cd key, else would think it was invalid.

Now using custom tables with DBI which is instantly updated and more reliable. This will also allow us to give out free Christmas Credits again next time without worrying about players exploiting the free credits over and over when they got lucky enough for the npc to not see the qglobal 'flag' that was set to limit once per account.

Since the custom tables update instantly, I'll be able to assist quicker too such as editing someones balance in order to divide up credits from a key received previously. Also with the custom tables we can now have a credit key in any amount or value. So instead of getting a 5 and a 10 for 15 credits, I can just make 1 key of any value so there are less keys (1) required for any unique amount.

I've explained this before on the EQEmu Forums when you introduced quest_globals being a problem, DBI is going to add SUBSTANTIAL database load difference if you handle credits with it.

Though, that is your decision. You're only difference is going to be reliability in which is rare, if we could troubleshoot where your problem lies you wouldn't have to scapegoat DBI.

EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 02:42:29 pm »

Akkadius, calm down dude!

I had other reasons such as making custom fields in the table to do stuff I wanted, such as having 1 key with a value and that value either being an item id to summon, or amount of credits to add, and soon tier zone flags. I like being able to type in an exact amount of credits instead of having to select multiple keys in increments of 1, 5, 10, etc. Not going to explain the whole system, but I had several reasons for wanting to use DBI anyways. The qglobal table has limited fields to work with.

I dont think its going to be any substantial database load since it's extremely rare for anyone to use the cd key system anyways. Its like not like we have crowds of people just lined up to hail the Key Master NPC.

I'm really surprised how much you freaked out.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 03:09:42 pm by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 10:39:24 pm »

Akkadius, calm down dude!

I had other reasons such as making custom fields in the table to do stuff I wanted, such as having 1 key with a value and that value either being an item id to summon, or amount of credits to add, and soon tier zone flags. I like being able to type in an exact amount of credits instead of having to select multiple keys in increments of 1, 5, 10, etc. Not going to explain the whole system, but I had several reasons for wanting to use DBI anyways. The qglobal table has limited fields to work with.

I dont think its going to be any substantial database load since it's extremely rare for anyone to use the cd key system anyways. Its like not like we have crowds of people just lined up to hail the Key Master NPC.

I'm really surprised how much you freaked out.

LOL? I didn't freak out, I was just making a statement.

Knowledge is power!

Also I thought you in place replaced the 'credit' system that I had in the waypoint, that would have definitely added substantial load is what I was getting at.

No big.

EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 10:41:48 pm »

You were talking about the Instance Credit system and I was talking about EZ_Rewards Credit system, 2 different systems. LOL

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 10:49:29 pm »

I am glad I am not the only one on these forums that gets involved in misunderstandings that blows things out of proportion. I am also glad y'all were both able to laugh at it.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 11:41:43 pm »

I .. never troll..

/seed

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 91