Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:33:26 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Updated Source 02-07-13  (Read 21476 times)
zymral

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2013, 11:36:13 am »

Hunter under the same thinking why not raise all rates to that of heavens?
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2013, 11:41:30 am »

Maybe because the Heavens rate was unintentionally high? :-)

...Reduced drop rate (nerf on heavens)
slower xp (75 xp != 70 xp)
and slower overall killing due to root/blind etc they all do now...

For the drop rate, see my comment above.
The slower xp...ehh. Even with changes, it's still 10x higher than it was before EXP could be used for RoA. Take the good with the bad.
As for the spamming root/blind, that is a side effect of the massive pvp changes. As much as I disagree with the sweeping changes that are causing a variety of PVE nightmares, gotta remember that this really is Hunter's sandbox. We are only allowed to play here because he shares nicely. Sometimes he will do awkward things with his own toys. *shrug*

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2013, 11:47:44 am »

Well then it was unintentionally high for the longest time ever - Now crutched the players who are currently doing UC , and players who still have to run 6+ or more UCs for their 12 or so characters.
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2013, 12:00:50 pm »

Sit back and relax folks. First it was V1's were hard, Now its V2's. It is a game to be played and grinding is part of that. I do not personally enjoy the grind in HoH, But then again it is worth it when i am through.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2013, 12:01:05 pm »

Well then it was unintentionally high for the longest time ever - Now crutched the players who are currently doing UC , and players who still have to run 6+ or more UCs for their 12 or so characters.

Yeah, this happens often friend. The bossman spent 60+ hours a week gone for the last 2 years that I've played. Now that he is actually home, he is catching a variety of errors/accidental-adjustments from times past.

To be clear: I don't agree with some of them or defending them. Just clarifying on why the are happening in a seemingly delayed manner.

This also tends to happen when some dicks screw over the bulk of the server. Yet another reason to try and report anything shady ASAP.

On the note of some of the spells being TOO easy to land:
Code:
UPDATE spells_new SET resistdiff = -400 WHERE resistdiff < -499 AND id < 7800 AND name NOT LIKE '%Trigger%';

This should reduce the bulk of them to more reasonable levels, without affecting the 60 PVP grouping or the OT PVP grouping. As suicidally dangerous as this is to say, I do not believe changes for PVP that overreach into damaging PVE should be made. EZ (as far as I understand it) is a PVE server. The PVP seems to be intended as more of a minigame than an actual source of content.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
jstraw101
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2013, 12:20:43 pm »

Yes it is Hunters sandbox, no doubt.  However, many people do donate to keep the sandbox going.   That being said, I dont think people want an Easy Button per se, I think people just want to get some value from their time invested.

MMORPGs are similar to rats hitting a lever to get pellets.    In order for the rats to continue to hit the lever the pellets must come.   If the pellets stop coming the rats will stop hitting the lever.

If this was a one toon per player server then the drop rates may be ok.  I still think they are a tad bit low as is, but possibly ok.    This is not a one toon per player server, this is a box server so people are looking at the daunting task of doing 6-12 toons.     

Based on the current dynamic a UC is almost a requirement for T5.   The task of getting a UC for 6-12 toons with the current drop rate is daunting, especially for teams that are in T4 and maybe have 1 UC on the team.    Even with the heavens drop rate increased slightly it wasnt a cake walk.   We were still fighting RNG and may spend days trying to find the last 2 upgrades needed. 
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2013, 12:38:21 pm »

The drop rate is currently 2%. I could raise it a tad, would need to wait for reboot, and time to edit it too.

The UC is suppose to be a long grind, else no reason for the stats to be so high.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2013, 12:45:22 pm »

The drop rate is currently 2%. I could raise it a tad, would need to wait for reboot, and time to edit it too.

The UC is suppose to be a long grind, else no reason for the stats to be so high.

In my opinion it was still quite a grind when I had to farm heavens for v2s. It would take me a good week or so of back to back farming heaven instances just to pick up all the v2s I needed to complete UC
red2

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2013, 02:13:51 pm »

Just curious how long is "long" now?
I did all v1's for a toon after the new drop rate ( almsot all in6, until the last few).
took me allllllll day sunday, and part of mon, tues nights for a total of less than 20 hours.
at current drop rates, will take me approx 100 hours to get the v2's, with RNG working with me ( yeah right!).
That is a 5x increase in time. I know i will be shot for saying this, and i know it is re-payment for them being leashed, but the ldon component feels to short now. before the Heavens change, could get 80% or better done v2's in a long weekend grind. That is almost impossible now.
No, i am not whining that v2's take to long.
No, i am not whining that UC takes to long in general. ( i feel if you should be able to get it in approx 50 hours ~1 week of grinding it)
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2013, 02:54:13 pm »

Well the UC use to be a optional item but it's no longer that optional.
I agree it should be a grind but a reasonable one. Lets assume Heavens previously were 4% drop rate, how about a compromise of a zone wide 3% drop rate.
Bring the others up to half of what Heavens use to be and adjust Heavens to that same rate.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2013, 03:40:47 pm »

My thought is, it was a grind before when everyone was spamming instances and just clearing Heavens. Why make it more of a grind?

Hulkmad
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2013, 03:43:25 pm »

Before UC was one of the few items in the game that boosted your HP a lot.

Now we have several other items in game for massive HP such as Shield.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2013, 03:49:27 pm »

Problem is you Must UC all your guys where as Shield is an optional grind. It does get annoying once you have so many toons.
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2013, 10:38:37 am »

Plus the ability to get the shield requires a few UC if not just one. The people to kill are t4 level and i know without a UC on my warrior i couldn't kill a t4 boss to save my life. (heh see what i did there?) Roa isn't a viable alternative either because the speed of aa point gathering without some UCs is dismal compared to having them and getting better gear to handle higher tiers. I'm also assuming this is without help from other people.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 96
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)