Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:18:32 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Print
Author Topic: Plat and No-Drop  (Read 28376 times)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2013, 08:46:51 pm »

You beat me to it. Oh, well, leaving it up there. Is good idea. If it was not for fliker making me laugh dr pepper out my nose I would have posted first.

Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2013, 08:47:57 pm »

Mission accomplished  Grin
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2013, 08:49:53 pm »

Probably not, would need to try it on a test server.

That would be the issue. If a player can't take out the aug, then it would be lost when upgrading your Epic.

I was able to remove a type 4 / 8 aug from a Slot type 2  using a distiller after changing the weapon

Could change all current augs to ... Feet slot only augs those breaking all weapons...

Players trade the old aug in for a new aug to a vendor.

Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2013, 10:05:40 pm »

I just woke up and read this thread and I have several ideas for how to fix things.
If Hunter wants my help in any aspect I'll get to coding.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2013, 03:25:42 am »

Hunter,

There are no exploits that exist in RoF that doesn't exist in other clients as far as I am aware.  All client use the same code as far as items are concerned.  If something is possible to exploit for duping in RoF, then it should be possible for all previous clients.  The RoF client definitely does allow certain things with items that previous clients did not, but using hacking tools like MQ2 could accomplish the same thing on any other client.  We have to make sure the server won't allow duping in any scenario no matter what client it is.  Basically, we never trust what the client is telling us, we always have to rely on what the server knows about the items, they should never just come out of nowhere.

I did get a report of a duping issue on RoF (which I am not going to go into detail here just in case), but it turned out to just be a de-sync of the client and the server's inventory.  That means that to the client it appeared to be duping items, but when they zoned or relogged, all of the items were gone, and never actually existed server-side.  If the item does not exist server-side, then it should be impossible for it to be used in any way including tradeskills, click effects, sold, etc.

Of course, if there is a dupe issue possible in RoF, make sure to let me or one of the other devs know as much detail as possible on it and hopefully we can duplicate it and resolve it ASAP.  As I said, if it exists in RoF, then it should exist in all other clients as a possibility.  The main difference between clients are the packets that get sent, which ideally should not break the code that deals with items in any way.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 96
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)