Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 06:28:59 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Casters in 60 pvp  (Read 5207 times)
dstmason

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2013, 05:23:00 am »

Atm casters have 0% chance of beating any melee in commons in pvp,Reason=Melee weapons at 60 are way too high damage like 400% more than they should be.I think casters need a focus spell like the healing one that gives them say 200% damage increase and more spells that will land(sunstrike,garrions etc also dots on necros and mage spells.How about disable mounts in commons? at least then casters would be able to kite the melee cause atm melee with seru speed mounts is impossible to kite or get away from
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 09:56:19 am »

Go to P99 Red to PVP. This isn't a super competitive process, more of a lolpewpew PVP thing.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Artemis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 11:23:57 am »

P99 Red.. 14 hours to get 2 newb iksars to level 11.   F*ck  that sh!t! Wink

Team Warmon
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 08:01:07 pm »

Atm casters have 0% chance of beating any melee in commons in pvp,Reason=Melee weapons at 60 are way too high damage like 400% more than they should be.I think casters need a focus spell like the healing one that gives them say 200% damage increase and more spells that will land(sunstrike,garrions etc also dots on necros and mage spells.How about disable mounts in commons? at least then casters would be able to kite the melee cause atm melee with seru speed mounts is impossible to kite or get away from
Melee dmg was adjusted because of the recent changes to serverside delay. This is an advantage to melee PvPers who want to joust. Should levitate also be disabled because a Wiz can just stand above you at maximum range and blast you? Every class has advantages and disadvantages depending on playstyle and tactics. That is not to say that pvp is balanced. Right now it heavily favors melee.

The real problem with casters right now in pvp is that they are almost completely ineffective. Aside from the new change to one 60 wiz spell, there isn't a nuke (that I've seen) that will connect against players in pvp. Blind, snare, and root work fairly well against the resists at 60 PvP--excellent for hybrids who can immediately pummel the snared/rooted opponent into the dirt. Not so much for the dress-wearing nancies who can't.

I don't think there's an easy solution to the problem. PvP has ever been particularly balanced in my experience. Shrug.

Main: Bubbin
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 08:11:06 pm »

Should multiply all low level caster spells dmg by 3-5x  --  Tongue

Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 08:51:55 pm »

*rolls a wiz Wink

Main: Bubbin
Pages: [1]