Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 12:29:23 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Single Boxing, Which class?  (Read 8277 times)
monelyn

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2013, 02:19:44 pm »

Sup EZ. I am leaving for Navy Boot in April, so I thought it would be pointless to hold on to my rig. I was wrong, I got the itch to come back and play. So my situation is grim, I am on a netbook and can only single box.

My question is, which class would be the most beneficial for soloing with? I don't see any super low tier guilds recruiting at the moment, so I am looking to do as much as I can by myself before I leave in April. Any tips/advice will be much appreciated, this is by far my favorite server but my boxing limitation is going to suck!
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 02:26:02 pm »

I would say paladin as it heals and tanks
monelyn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 02:28:17 pm »

I've tried soloing on a Paladin before, but it felt very inneficient. I feel as if a mage or necro would be better but I am not sure.
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 03:00:11 pm »

With a little help and getting your 3.5 pages by buying or rots you can get a necro to 4.0 and full T2. After that you will need to group or box to do anything more.

Hulkmad
monelyn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 03:01:07 pm »

Thanks man I'll give it a shot.
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 03:24:23 pm »

I've tried soloing on a Paladin before, but it felt very inneficient. I feel as if a mage or necro would be better but I am not sure.

Nay I say, neighghghgh. I have a t3 of every class, some I even have 2 of for my main group of T5 people I actually use and I would say that if I were to abandon them all and use one character, it would definitely be my paladin. If you progress correctly, (t1-t2-UC-T3-T4 blah blah and also start 3 FS augs at t3, being that you get your FS3's right after your UC and then keep up the t3-t4 FS5 FS6 - t5 FS7 -t6 FS8 and just work it up, all the while getting as much RoA as you can, pally is the way to go. At least with bosses with ads, tho it does suck dps wise, you can kill the boss, switch to the adds, switch back to boss, and keep yourself alive the whole time.

Necro.. Although with a UC and lifetaps you can heal yourself, I don't think you pet is viable for future content endeavors. You can't take a 3.0 and farm t2 for your armor, the pet will die. I think it dies on t1 mobs too actually iirc, and then you can't take a 4.0 and have him solo in t5 until you get your 5.0 pet. you need the next tier pet to farm in the previous tier.

I have my mage in my main group but I would not solo with him either, the pet can't heal itself so once it dies, your little nuke party goes south when the mob is killing you instead of your pet. high dps doesnt mean squat to higher HP bosses that kill your pet before you can do enough damage to kill it. I mean thats the beauty of the paladin. You can keep yourself alive for the 20 minutes it takes to kill one guy haha. at least you survive the fight and can do it solo.
jstraw101
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 04:39:08 pm »

I would say save your money and get a new PC.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 04:45:29 pm »

SK does fair DPS and is fairly solo friendly. Lack the cure component, but viable all the same.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
monelyn

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 04:53:21 pm »

I would say save your money and get a new PC.

What good would that do me in boot camp? I have the funds, but I can't take a desktop on a ship anyways.

I think SK sounds fun!
jstraw101
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 05:06:29 pm »

I box 12 toons on a laptop.    /shrug
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 05:20:44 pm »

Get a custom built laptop so you can 24 box. Then you'll be going places!

Hunter - EZ Server GM
monelyn

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 05:42:10 pm »

I box 12 toons on a laptop.    /shrug

Roger that, what sort of laptop do you have? I am going to wait until June before I purchase one, due to me leaving in 45 days from now. I am suprised I can even play on this netbook!
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2013, 06:04:47 pm »

Yeah i mean my laptop is horrible but i can 6 box on it and its 2/3 years old. Probably garbage now compared to 300$ new ones. Set up your laptop client with the settings to the ones described on the sticky on performance settings except for the stick figures part. You could probably get 3 at a time with that seeing as this game is all RAM and processor based. Strip it of graphics and you are golden.
monelyn

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 06:15:16 pm »

Alright man, I'll give it a shot. Mind you im playing on a netbook with like 1gig of ram and a intel antom CPU N455
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 06:48:40 pm »

Yes lol that's horrible. You want to give your computer as little to think about as possible and as little to remember as possible. I think minimum specs for one fluent at minimum graphics is 300 mb so 3 at 300 should give you enough ram left over to account for system processes and mq2. I could test how much my stick figure clients use each when I get home for a more accurate estimate but let me know how that works for you.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)