Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 06:42:27 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Armor graphic exchange  (Read 3593 times)
Blanky

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2013, 07:43:50 pm »

Is it possible/feasible to implement an NPC that exchanges armor graphics?  An example is... I have a plate T3 BP but I want it to look like a leather BP, I give it to the NPC and in return I get the same exact item but with the leather graphic.

This way everyone's gear can be customized physically to go along with the visual armor dyes.  Plus LOL at a cloth wearing warrior or a full plate monk.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 07:59:51 pm »

If/when RoF / F2P client gets working 100% with all their features, there is a way to 'augment' new graphics as I discovered toying around on live.

1 item with 1 item id has 1 graphic. Would need to clone an item with a new id to make new graphic.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 09:21:35 pm »

On live, there was / ( is? ) an NPC in the Abysmal Sea GoD expansion that would allow you to turn in your Qvic helm and it would change the graphic to custom graphics.  For a Ranger, it would turn chain graphic to plate.

Marius Alyonn is the NPC
/loc -3, +284, 115
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 10:07:40 pm »

That would probably be exchanging your helm for a clone of that item with a different item id. I would have to clone items to change graphics, then write a quest file.

If Devs get this augment graphic thing to work in RoF then you would be able to use any graphic in any item without having to clone items to new ids before hand in the database.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 321
  • Online Ever: 8678