Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 08:11:41 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Essence drop rates (merged)  (Read 21546 times)
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 06:42:15 pm »

A lot of people think this is all about the new UW, but the fact is, dragon minors have been being brought up for years. It has always been obvious that these essences take way longer to obtain than all the others.
Not a new issue, and I know it's been said that the code is the same for all of them. Perhaps the code itself isn't the answer, a little thinking outside the box is needed. Everytime something new comes out that requires essences this gets brought up, the reason for that is nothing has really been addressd to fix it.
With augs, BD armor, shield, neckless and now UW, dragon minors are the cockblock of all of them.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 07:09:25 pm »

And a lot has been done about it. He increased the drop rate recently for dragon minors and he made crystal stackable.

Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 07:43:01 pm »

It's not the drop chance of the essence it's the flow of crystals. Essences seem rare because every other tier (minus Anguish) provide more boss's per hour spent.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013, 08:07:48 pm »

Dragons Minors was tweaked in the last month or so.

Also, if too many people start getting UW's then I'll have to make requirement to be 250 essences per rank.

Suppose to be the more rare item in the game, even more rare than UC.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2013, 08:26:25 pm »

Meh bump dragon minors down to 50 and dragon majors up to 150  Tongue
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 08:59:28 pm by Hunter » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 08:59:36 pm »

Meh bump dragon minors down to 50 and dragon majors up to 150  Tongue

Drop rates are not balanced yet?

Maybe I need to add a few more % to the dragons minors and reduce the dragons majors.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 09:02:08 pm »

I remember when people complained about the cost of creating level V of the strike augs. The complaint was that you could make ninjastrike straight into V so they wanted to be able to make the other strikes straight into V (without having to upgrade from 1 to 2 to 3 etc.). Hunters' response was to eliminate being able to make ninjastrike straight into V. Did people learn from that? No. The next complaint was that icestrike was too expensive. The argument was that for the same price of an icestrike V you could make a ninjastrike or firestrike. People thought the price of icestrikes should be dropped in half. Hunters' response was to double the cost of ninjastrike and firestrike. Yeah, that's right people, we used to be able to make a ninjastrike straight into V and all the component costs for ninjastrike and firestrike used to be the same as icestrike.

Moral of the story is, suggestions are great, they promote thinking but for crying out loud, learn when to shut up.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:03:44 pm by Xiggie AKA Stone » Logged

Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2013, 09:12:17 pm »

The drop chance is not the issue! The issue is the access to boss's. I can walk into any tier minus anguish and kill more boss's per X amount of time than what you see in T1.

People naturally want to complain that the drop rate sucks, but in reality we just need to increase the flow of t1 crystals
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2013, 09:14:18 pm »

So increase the crystal drop rate, not essence chance?

Makes sense if you can do more bosses per X time in other tiers. Didn't think of it that way.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2013, 09:24:55 pm »

My suggestion would be to add crystals to normal chests and a 1/3 chance off t1 boss's. This, in my opinion, would match the flow of t2 (since t2 boss's spawn adds)
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 10:27:52 pm »

Having personally farmed all 3 of these areas this last week, up until saturday I killed approximately 200 bosses of qvic, t1, and t2 and I have
13 qvic essences / 6.5 % drop rate
9 dminor essences / 4.5 % drop rate
6 dmajor essences / 3% drop rate
Meam: 4.67% drop rate
close enough to 5%

However, in the 7 days I farmed bosses, I spent about: 1 day in qvic, 2 days farming t2 crystals, and 5 days farming t1 crystals. These are 8 hour days on average. So 5 days for 200 t1 bosses kind of sucks. Nothing is wrong with the drop rate with my little experiment, it is just the crystal drops as has been stated.

I would say either we need higher chances for mini spawns in t1 or double the dragons in t1 (may cause lag issues) or
1/3 chance off t1 boss's.

just a thought
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2013, 10:56:49 pm »

No need to mess with code to add more mini's or spawns.

Code:
quest::addloot(quest::ChooseRandom(100091,100092),1);

100% off chests; 33% off t1 boss's
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 10:58:32 pm by Rageful » Logged
Khaoticz

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2013, 08:49:33 am »

Don't expect the end game stuff upon return from a major hiatus
Don't expect the end game stuff without the grind.

I haven't even handed in any essence for UW, that's not even the reason I'm mentioning this for. Farming say 5 D Minors for SoA or for augs takes the same amount of time as if you were farming them for UW. The drop rate isn't even the issue, it's meerly the crystal drop rate and bosses per hour. Now I can make a GI and clear the zone as fast as I want, but that doesn't help if RNG is hating on us for them, then if RNG hates on us for essences as well.

I vote for Rageful's idea....As I was talking to him about this when I did all my handin's and he was finishing his to prove the data correct.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2013, 08:51:15 am »

+1 on moar crystals

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Khaoticz

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2013, 08:58:22 am »

+1 on moar crystals

I guess I could of worded the first thread post slightly better lol, glad were all coming to an agreement on something that will lower the D minor prices back to somewhat of a reasonable price, and not effect everyones UW dreams
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)