Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 02:24:18 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 2handed warrior epic Slot 7 Dot on clickie?  (Read 7551 times)
Worthington

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2013, 09:17:30 am »

Can we please remove the Slot 7 DoT on the 2handed warrior epic click.  It seems very counter productive to decrease melee mitigation by -XX% then take away hp by XXXX every 6 seconds.

I've attached a screen shot of the Slot 7 Dot for the 2 handed warrior epics 4.5, 5.0, and 7.0, so we can all see what i'm talking about.

"Slot 7: Decrease Hitpoints by XXXX per tick"
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 09:19:30 am by Worthington » Logged
jstraw101
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 09:36:05 am »

Would agree that it is odd to have a DoT on this effect.    However,  I like it some what due to the fact that I know when my SW is up as I see the dot absorbed.

Smiley
Dreyitt

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 01:06:05 pm »

dont remove this it makes ae mezzing mobs manageable and the dot is 100% neglectable
Worthington

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 01:34:13 pm »

dont remove this it makes ae mezzing mobs manageable and the dot is 100% neglectable

How does this effect help ae mezzing mobs?  Please explain.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 01:45:14 pm »

If you are mezzed the dot will break the mez effect on the next tick.  So, while you have the dot on you you're effectively unmezzable.
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 02:24:11 pm »

Close this stupid thread. Fugitive already told you guys to stop crying. Enjoy the game and stfu

Thread here: http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=3638.0
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 02:39:02 pm »

Enjoy the game and stfu

+1

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Worthington

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 08:34:43 pm »

If you are mezzed the dot will break the mez effect on the next tick.  So, while you have the dot on you you're effectively unmezzable.

Ok thanks for helping me to understand why this is a good thing.

Close this stupid thread. Fugitive already told you guys to stop crying. Enjoy the game and stfu

Thread here: http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=3638.0

Yes i saw his thread, but hey thanks for linking it in my thread.  No one answered me when i asked in ooc so i asked here hoping to get an explanation why this dot was on the click. Now i know.  Tongue
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 10:21:13 am »

I guess I just assume that everyone who plays on this server played on live at one point or another...and in tha assumption, that everyone at least dueled once or twice and understood that a low DoT was the way to keep chanters/bards/etc from mezzing you.....of course I think SoE canned that ability in duels too...so maybe you had to be around in the first1-3 years (before SoE bpought it from Verant) to have understood that concept /shrug i dont know.....but even in other expansions were mobs that mezz'd so it wa still viable to keep a lowbie DoT going when you pulled one...Riftseekers comes to mind for that....oh good memories of when live didnt suck Grin

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 02:21:51 pm »

Verant is Sony.

Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 03:35:07 pm »

Verant is Sony.

This is technically true, Verant has always been Sony.

before SoE bpought it from Verant

You were close but it happened more like this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigil_Games_Online

On a side note, I really wish Vanguard would have prevailed  Undecided
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 07:32:41 pm »

Verant must have been the un-suck side of the SOE umbrella then lol

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 11:40:03 pm »

In the beginning there was Sony Interactive Studios of America.....

Smed was an exec for Sony, on the SISA badge, and had proposed that Sony create an MMORPG. When he had the greenlight he hired two guys who'd created a game that impressed him called WarWizard (McQuaid and Steve Clover). From dayt one Everquest was a Sony project, and at the start Clover and McQuaid and Trost were Sony employees.

Now....Japanese companies often create shell companies for new projects, so that if things go south the parent company can avoid blame and "losing face". This was the case with EQ, which slowly began taking up all the resources at SISA's office at 989 Hillsdale in Foster City. So....Redlight Studios was created, but due to some issues with the name it became 989 Studios, after the SISA office address (which is still SOE's US HQ). Eventually 989 became Verant, and McQuaid became Chief Creative Officer. In 2005 989 Studies relaunched, again as a Sony subsidiary, for console games.

Contrary to what some believe, McQuaid was never "owner" of Verant. He held some Sony stock, and a small share of Verant, but Sony owned and controlled Verant from the start. Brad had issues time and again with Sony management....not so much Smed, but from the other side of the Pacific. Japanese execs made odd demands and placed some pretty heavy restrictions on Verant...and with all the buzz about the coming "Blizzard", Sony wanted to find ways to make EQ more competitive and with broader appeal. This is what eventually pushed Brad and friends to start Sigil, and Vanguard...which was originally based on ideas he, Clover and Milo Cooper had for an EQ sequel.

As for what happened next....well, lets just say that while McQuaid may be one of the best devs in the business he sucks ass as an administrator and manager....and that he and certain narcotics dont mix well. Sigil was a mess because of Brad's actions, and while I dont completely agree with how Sony handled things I can understand cleaning house, and I cannot deny that they saved that game. If you havent tried it recently, please do. IMO Vanguard is one of the best fantasy MMO's out today....and a lot of the recent improvements to the game are due to none other than McQuaid, who Sony has rehired as a developer. According to people at SOE he's doing great work, is stable and headed for EQ Next along with a lot of Sony's top talent, since Smed has promised a playable demo for the August show.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 11:51:14 pm by mpano66 » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 80
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)