Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 09:05:33 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Update 03-03-13  (Read 16573 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2013, 04:08:22 am »

Abyss reduced chances for T3/T4 augments to help with corpse spam. I realize some people still needs these augs, and some people do not.

Anguish removed loot (6.0 Book, Exp Potion, Essence) from Overlord_Mata_Muram and put onto his middle chest that spawns after being killed. This should help in cases where the boss goes under the world.

Easy Experience (Reward Item) now 15 second recast instead of 300 second, due to ToFS having lots of complete dispel traps.

Ultimate Weapons Sword, Mace, and Dagger will now be able to equip in Primary or Secondary slots.

Tacvi Essences more rare.

PoD T1 Rare Chest for T1 Boss Crystals more common now.

Exp rate in ToFS increased for AA farming.

Respawn time in ToFS changed to 22 minutes instead of 30 minutes. There are over 600 spawns in the zone, some floors are smaller than others though.

ToFS status:
ToFS might be a bit too hard, seeing that our most geared players die there, but that is also due to them trying to solo that zone. Most mobs in ToFS can be rooted, mez'd, slowed, etc unless the spells have a max level allowed, then I'll have to edit them to allow higher level mobs. Group effort plus tactics should allow players to beat the zone. There are traps to learn. Keys to farm which are rare, but only need to farm them once per char. Final boss drops Essence which will be probably used in a Divine Intervention Earring quest. Also 1 EZ Credit token drops off final boss in ToFS. Place holders and bosses for keys are same as Live, so ToFS strategy guides should help to find these bosses.

Seems a few people getting high rank UW already, even with just 6 months advance notice before quest went in. Mostly intended for player to grind it 1+ years to get such a weapon.  Might have to increase requirements soon, such as more plat sink, or more essences like 200-250 per level. For now, consider the current recipe to be a promo period, and will be higher requirement soon.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:34:52 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Ybik

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 04:28:37 am »

Thanks for all your hard work Hunter. One thing I noticed...the CG skills guy seems to be updated for the new levels except when you pick a specialization. He tells you that you must be level 70 (so if you are 71+ it won't let you pick)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:31:20 am by Ybik » Logged
Denzig

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 08:53:48 am »

Thanks for the update, Hunter.

Been in PoD a few hours this morning and definately getting more chests. However, it appears to be the chest with gems, aug components, ores and druid spell, not the crystal (Ornate Chest). The RNG could be messing with me this morning, though.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 09:08:52 am by Haimon » Logged

Denzig <STONE>
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 09:32:31 am »

Seems a few people getting high rank UW already, even with just 6 months advance notice before quest went in. Mostly intended for player to grind it 1+ years to get such a weapon.  Might have to increase requirements soon, such as more plat sink, or more essences like 200-250 per level. For now, consider the current recipe to be a promo period, and will be higher requirement soon.

Enjoy!

i really dont think this is necessary in the least, there is nothing easy about getting 100 essences per tier, id never bother with this weapon if it went to 250 essence...id rather aug out another group of characters, hell maybe even have enough to do 2 groups. Not everyone is the type of gamer that fugi is and can farm a UW8 in under a month, please dont use him (or anyone else who has a uw) as an example as to how fast & efficiently you can farm this weapon, he really did make it look easy when its anything but.

hell t3-t4 essences are going to take 100s of hours (maybe over 1000hrs?) to collect enough tokens for the 200 essences required from there.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 03:07:53 pm by Digz » Logged
spuddson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 10:03:19 am »

With Way points effectively out of action at the moment its hard for the poor players to farm effectively . this will slow UW progress down somewhat,

UW1 looks like an epic 3.5 replacement and if bought including essence say 10 mill pp

UW2 say a 4.5 replacement and be another 10 mill pp

UW3 is gona be crazy and say at a guess 80 plus mill and is epic 5 or 5.5 replacement.

Im sure some will disagree but the effort to farm 100 mill pp you could hire some tier 7 players to get your 5.5 or even 6 for a fraction of this.

I for one am enjoying doing the UW line and im sure in a year i may have 6 or 7  hopefully depends on luck lol.

Hunter as a suggestion rather than increase essence needs for each UW add a no drop component from mobs . drop rate 1 in 10 so that it adds a pain to those wanting UW makes it harder forcing those to farm their own. and means a twink cant be given an UW9 once it hits 70
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 10:55:58 am »

The '250 essences' change to UW turns my stomach. As if the quest hadn't already caused enough turbulence in the market, now it's a race to get as far as possible before Fugi finishes the server 2nd UW9, or whatever other litmus test is being used to determine that people are getting the UW too fast. Essences are already up 3x-20x in price, and thousands of banked essences are gone now, never to return.

Main: Bubbin
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 02:44:23 pm »

It's not easy its just that some people are running macros.
You cant stop that type of player so you will only hurt the rest of the players that do not use such methods.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 12:16:47 pm »

I'm not really seeing the need to make tacvi essences more rare maybe I'm missing something here.

On the UW topic a few of our really hardcore players have got theirs already and I guess made it look easy but I know for a fact it wasn't easy for them at all and effectively doubling the requirements for those of us who haven't even started the quest? Seems a bit harsh IMO just saying. Here's the carrot, no wait the carrot is over here now type thing, but it really won't affect 80% of us for another 6 months anyway

Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 02:13:12 pm »

but it really won't affect 80% of us for another 6 months anyway

Guess I'm the 20% then huh? Ive been going at a steady pace of doing 5 qvic, 5 tacvi 5 dmin 5dmaj 5 abyss... Etc, So that even tho I'm farming for UW I'm not bored at each stage getting 100 in a row. Made more sense to me that way, but because of that,by the time now i get 100 of each, if it's changed I lose out for doing it my way.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 05:59:58 am »

I'm not really seeing the need to make tacvi essences more rare maybe I'm missing something here.

Tacvi essences are the easiest to get. There are 8 bosses spawned and ready to be killed without having to take time killing trash.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
jamey0181

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 11:48:35 am »

they are pretty easy to get i had checked it yesterday morning and it took  12 clear's to get 1 essence which was about 1 hour and 10 min's if the spamming instance's was causing alot of problem's wouldn't this just make it worse ?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:52:20 am by jamey0181 » Logged
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 08:15:41 pm »

No spamming instances was not the problem, the problem is it Was too easy to get them cuz you get 8 chances immediately upon instance creation where other places you have to spawn bosses and it takes more time
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 08:35:37 pm »

Correct, it wasn't just the chance of 1 boss, it was the chance of all 8 bosses and they were all close together, spawned, and no need to fight trash. Was just way too fast.

I think their total chance now add up to about 11% maybe. So that would average 1 per 9 clears.

This would be reasonable for noobs doing their strike augs.

Only end game players would be farming 100 essences for their UW.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
jamey0181

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 08:37:34 pm »

ah was thinking that instance's was disappearing for other zone's if to many was created thank's for the info.
jmaneuv011

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2013, 09:11:06 pm »

Wow, that's a big drop in the rate.  Before the average was probably 2 per 3 clears
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 99
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)