Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 12:02:36 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Update 03-03-13  (Read 16535 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 12:36:41 am »

Before was a combined rate of 40% for wiping zone. If you got 2 or 3 per clear, then you got lucky.

Yes, there are limited instances. Any zone that is not static, and any instance created, all uses dynamics, and we have limited dynamics loaded in RAM.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
red2

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 12:26:12 pm »

So let me get this right. "I think their total chance now add up to about 11% maybe. So that would average 1 per 9 clears. " so lets say for sake of argument, it takes me a total of 5 minutes to zone, clear, and rezone. That's 1 essence per 45 min. so i am working on 2nd grp ( rog/bez/bard/dru/bst), and will need approx 30 essence per type. means i will have to spent more than a whole long weekend doing nothing but spamming new tacvi instances, as fast as i can go. oh wow that sounds like FUN! And i thought it was bad at 2-5 per hour.
jstraw101
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 01:29:24 pm »

Perhaps the UW should use a completely separate essence line vice the aug essences.

The way the game dynamic is today dps is highly dependent on augs and charms.    It would be nice to have a at least semi decent drop rate on both  essences and charms.  

Rats need pellets.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 03:07:11 pm by jstraw101 » Logged
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 02:36:57 pm »

A whole weekend to get done with a tier of augs for a group? Sounds pretty rough. Don't get me wrong, I think maybe the jump from 40% to 11% is a pretty harsh jump. Maybe somewhere between 15 and 20% would be better. But let's try to keep things in perspective. Spending a weekend roflstomping content to get done with an entire tier of augs for a whole group is not a bad deal. You're going to spend longer than that on the other tiers.

whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 02:48:53 pm »

Lowering the drop rate will increase the spamming of that instance. I do not personally have a stake in this UW deal But i would think seperate essences for the UW and augs would benifit those at a lower level because there would be less compitition for those same items, This would lower prices help the new guys with DPS and further the experience for them. Those who are questing for the UW are farther along and are doing it because it may (Or not) help out at the highest zones (Plus they really have already beaten the content avalible to them already)

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 08:23:47 pm »

If other zones have an 'average' drop rate of 5% off bosses, that is 1/20 bosses. How long does it take to kill 20 bosses in other tiers?

I think Tacvi is still probably the fastest zone to get essences.

Tacvi is a joke anyways, and needs to be revamped, with more custom npc spells and npc scripts with adds, etc. Probably the fastest tier you can fly through. Then the armor jumps from 600hp to 2k hp (over 3x more hp). There is a missing tier between Tacvi and PoD that I hope to some day fill the void, which would also make breaking into T1 PoD easier too.

So yeah, Tacvi is on my Hit List for a fixing.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 08:45:04 pm »

Maybe to make up for the missing tier you can do it like t1/2 and t3/4. The first set being a general set like plate set or leather set and then the second half being the class specific. Or even the first set being a generic one size fits all and then the second set being a general plate set or general leather set. The first set can be like 600 hp or mp with the second set being 1200 hp or mp. Might even consider using Kael for the zone. Stuff outside the arena can be used for the first half of the gear and the arena for the second half. Unless you have plans for that zone.

Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 09:09:34 pm »

A suggestion that I just conjured up to sort of give you an inbetween zone. Take Tacvi, keep it the same, and make the final boss drop a sphere, that would port you're whole group to a zone , ONLY if they had a full set of Tacvi done already, sort of like the sphere from ldon. - Or the sphere can just port an individual, either way.

Make the new zone Uqua, that you would be telported to that would be the inbetween tier from Tacvi and T1/T2.

I can't elaborate on a whole lot as I just conjured this idea up, but all are welcome to add on or alter.
jmaneuv011

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 10:26:41 pm »

I thought Time (tons of adds) and t3/4 bosses (probably because of the landscape more than anything) were tougher to break into than PoD personally
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2013, 11:43:17 pm »

Does PoD need more trash spawns?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 12:01:45 am »

Double the whole zone =D
jstraw101
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2013, 12:04:30 am »

More trash would be nice in PoD.    Putting adds on T1 bosses would be great as well.   This would work well, especially if you are going to revamp Tacvi and or put another tier between Tacvi and PoD. 

May be hard for someone just starting out, but in all honesty so much T1 rots due to essence farming that it shouldn't be a major issue. 

Peign
fjamso

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2013, 05:14:18 am »

I vote yes!
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2013, 07:28:05 am »

May be hard for someone just starting out, but in all honesty so much T1 rots due to essence farming that it shouldn't be a major issue.

For the time being....I see this being a major issue later with people coming along, once the hype about the UW dieing out.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2013, 08:06:06 am »

Honestly with the recent change in t1 crystal drops I was able to farm crystals twice as fast as before. I would caution against putting content out that those who need gear from it can't do.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)