Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 08:56:21 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Charm Upgrade (Merged)  (Read 23140 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 09:16:26 pm »

1 per clear might be too high, might have to reduce it now.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 11:09:53 pm »

Well, there are like 400 mobs in HoH and they have 2 million HP each. With a non-uced group that actually has strike augs it probably takes 30s+ to kill an avatar. Figure out how many v2s should drop per hour. A player with multiple UCs and 4.0s probably still can't clear HOH in less than the 2 hour respawn.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2013, 12:00:41 am »

Oh, so its not too high rate then?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
jamey0181

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2013, 01:30:14 am »

thought this was would match the post's
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2013, 02:08:12 pm »

Oh, so its not too high rate then?

No, its not too high!

not going to post about unlucky clears lol, I swear there are "bum" instances though.

I will say that sorc drops are or have been being very rare to come by for some reason. 3% chance drop rate and then 1:4 chance of dropping a sorc, etc, the odds are mind boggling to get those pesky sorcs! lol

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2013, 02:22:47 pm »

I will say this though, UC is a required item to progress and like someone said above, if it wasn't required I would just as soon not touch it. I mean clearing a zone of all mobs 10-15 times is cool, but when you start talking about having to clear an entire zone 200-400 times just to get ONE character completed it gets a tad on the mind numbing side. its like really, how many times do I have to do this just to progress? and then its the whole well I have lvl 50 brawler, guard and oracle then lvl 28 sorc, so I move to the next guy, then he gets those 3 maxed and no sorc, then to the next guy, etc all just waiting on one guy's charms, aggg!

this quest is great, needed and wanted by 98% of us, but really, how much time do we really need to spend in HOH to prove we are ultimate?

Even if the drop rate was 10%, that means 10 charms per 100 mobs, so in a clear you should get 40 charms, seems way, way too high right? really? you need 100 charms per toon times how many toons do most people run? 6? 12? lets say 6, so that's 600 charms needed divided by 40 per clearing, that's 15 clearings, granted you are getting the ones you need, because on every drop there is the 1 in 4 chance to get the charms needed. lets say you have bad luck and can't get oracles to drop at the same rate as the other 3, well then your 15 clearings average just went to hell, you may still be clearing the zone 25+ times or more.

now, if you can clear the zone in, lets say, 20mins and you are really lucky at 10% that's 5hours to get 6 UC V2 charms done. we all know that wouldn't actually happen. but, lets say it did, 5 hours of straight HOH, ask around lol, its like pulling teeth after the first 3 hours, you start to talk to yourself and answer yourself about your luck lol

now, if you are actually doing progression and getting it done on your own, a clearing may take a long, long time. lets say 2 hours? 2 hours x 15 is 30hrs in HOH if you have the best luck.

I think for a newcomer that is actually following progression and following the server set 30hrs in HOH is a fair enough time sink, don't you?

Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2013, 02:41:19 pm »

I think HOH should sort of get the ldon treatment, leashed mobs for a greater % drop rate on charms. Given the above explanation, the UC is still a grind for new players and most at least play 6, I for one play 12 and I only have 3 UCs done across the board and that's with doing UC on my free time as much as I can when i'm not doing t5 to progress
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2013, 03:14:50 pm »

Exactly, you have 12 guys, and you have 3 UC'ed and youre working on progression through T5. in theory, you should have been way long done with UC and then moved into T5 and when youre done with T5 you could slide into T6 and start on your UC2's

instead, you are going to be in T6 without UC on most of your guys lol, like a lot of people.

and when you say "doing UC in your spare time" I think what youre driving at is what I do, doing UC when you just cant find anything else to do worthwhile lol! its like a chore. you would rather be getting cool gear and upgrades in T5, but you have to clean your room!

I want to do my time just like everyone else did, I want to pay my dues as well, but really how much dues? How many times do I have to kill the same mobs?

Id rather work towards a goal I can see, like go to HOH and kill 5000 demi gods and get your UC! and a damn counter so I can see, well on these guys I have to kill 2000 more! lol. as opposed to well, let me kill 2000 of these guys and maybe, just maybe I will get a quarter of what I need to be done with this place. God forbid if I have to make new characters when I get to doing OMM and need more dps and have to come back to this hell again!

I guess my point is this: I love progression, I love working towards something, I love seeing my efforts pay off, my time yielding something. I hate like hell wasting several hours with nothing to show for it. I hate having to rely on my rotten luck to yield results. Heck id rather help 5 new comers get their epics up to 2.0 or get some new guys some qvic gear while netting some essences, anything but sitting in this chair for hours on end just to get the possibility of some small gain.

but, hey, flame on me!

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2013, 05:00:20 pm »

Keep UC as is.. if you don't want to farm it Don't. Then NO UCV2 for you either

It isn't even a challenge now days...

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2013, 05:02:10 pm »

I think HOH should sort of get the ldon treatment, leashed mobs for a greater % drop rate on charms. Given the above explanation, the UC is still a grind for new players and most at least play 6, I for one play 12 and I only have 3 UCs done across the board and that's with doing UC on my free time as much as I can when i'm not doing t5 to progress

No reason to leash ( QUIT EASY MODING CRAP ) the drop rate is RNG and it is FINE! I got 20+ drops yesterday no issues..

Less playing in ooc and farming P0rn and more farming charms..

Keep UC as is.. if you don't want to farm it Don't. Then NO UCV2 for you either

It isn't even a challenge now days...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 05:04:17 pm by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2013, 05:03:26 pm »

This would screw everything else that drops in hoh unless Hunter bumps it all up to candy drops. Just leave it alone. Put in the time it takes to farm the UC or move along. I've had charm ups rot left and right. It's no where near as rare as what people are complaining about.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 05:05:35 pm by Xiggie AKA Stone » Logged

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2013, 05:06:17 pm »

It's no where near as rare as what people are complaining about.

True Story

-Hate"
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2013, 05:56:05 pm »

Not sure we should base drop rates off someone's UW8. No one can compete with that kill rate. Your sample shouldnt even be considered. No offense bud  Tongue

Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2013, 05:58:15 pm »

HOH no where yields being worth the time now, that for most is a fact. I need more UCs, but with the current drop rate will I keep going and farming to get maybe 1 charm every other clear? Most likely not. Sure I sustain fine in t5 right now with only 3 out of 12 UCs, but i'm sure once out of t5 and into t6 ill come to be stumped without more UCs across the board. The reasonable idea would be hmm, maybe go get those v2s, but fact of the matter is after so much pushing of a lever and no pellets you don't do it anymore.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2013, 06:20:00 pm »

One every other clear is super rare. Most of the time it is not going to be that rare and nothing should be balanced against something so rare.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 86
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)