Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 08:35:25 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: New Waypoint Update  (Read 20244 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 04:52:32 pm »

Thanks bro, appreciate it.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 06:16:52 pm »

Found out why its possible some players went to wrong zone for guild instance.

Two different qglobal names are similar:

$GuildID_GuildI_$zonesn_$zoneid

$InstanceID_GuildI_$zonesn_$zoneid

As you can see, if some guild had the same id as an instance id, it'd probably send them to the wrong place. Not sure if this was it, but going to change it for next reboot.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2013, 09:09:59 pm »

Raid Group now working for raid instances!

If you are in a raid group when you create the raid instance, then anyone that is in your raid, or joins your raid later, can just type "/say enter raid" to enter without having to be invited first. Hopefully this will make things easier and save time for people in raid groups.

Both Raid and Guild Instances can invite people that are outside of your raid or outside of your guild without having to be guild tagged or part of the raid group.

Tested 2 boxing so far.

Will make it go live during reboot time.

During this reboot I will have to delete all instances again cause I renamed some of the qglobals that we use. So Instances will remain free for at least 1 more day during testing.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2013, 09:40:12 pm »

Awesome work you are doing with these instances Hunter. At first I was a little bit apprehensive about them but after using it I am very impressed with them. As with anything there are bugs at first to be worked out but all things considered it has been quite a smooth transition during the instance upgrade. Thank you.

Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2013, 10:18:30 pm »

That's awesome. Thanks for all the hard work.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2013, 11:15:49 pm »

Just created a new feature that turns solo instance into group instance.

If your creating a solo instance, and your in a group, then it'll flag it as a group instance, and anyone in your group can just type

/say solo join <leader name>

So if your in 1 group, this may be quicker (and cheaper) than doing a raid instance.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2013, 12:32:39 am »

With some extra lines of code, got working that anyone in the Raid Group can now do:

/say raid list

to see who is invited (pending, joined, removed) status

I haven't extended this to allow invites yet, not sure if I will, or just allow leader to do invites.

Just 1 more feature to make things easier.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013, 02:04:08 am »

Updated

Version 1.9.9

http://pastebin.com/jbWpGkL3

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 05:47:12 pm »

Someone emailed me a good idea to allow quest::repopzone()  so that players don't need to delete/re-create instances for pop, and would save time on zoning.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 06:11:36 pm »

love it
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 08:45:57 pm »

Someone emailed me a good idea to allow quest::repopzone()  so that players don't need to delete/re-create instances for pop, and would save time on zoning.

I just made a post suggesting this, lol. Saw this and deleted mine. I think it is really good idea and would save on resources for the server. To be fair the cost and time to repop should be the same as it is to create a new one. I think this would be a super good change.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013, 08:50:33 pm »

Yeah less zoning and less instanced that are created and not "gone" will have to be less of a resource hog on the system.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2013, 11:28:49 pm »

One thing to consider is if you want to make it not available in public instances. Not sure if that is possible or not.

Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2013, 07:44:24 am »

Maybe then you could put the Avatar of Heavens back to the double drop rate for v2 charms  Wink

Hulkmad
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2013, 12:24:06 pm »

Doubling the drop rate for V2 charms makes no sense with the update, that would go back to "creating instances just for Heavens mobs" and make it "repop instance after you clear only Heavens mobs"..

Maybe you could have the repop timer different for the free WP and the 1 mil WP, like 3 mins for FWP kind of like it used to be, and 10 mins for regular WP. But keep in mind that the zone should only work once per zone, not per toon, as I could pop it with Anuli, pop it with Mojo, pop again with Anuli, pop with 3rd alt, pop with Anuli and go on until the timer resets for mojo's 10 minutes and loop. Although I don't see this being a problem anywhere but Tacvi, Qvic, and CG/FG zones.

That would make double drop v2 charms on Heavens Avatars even easier! :p Free UC for everyone! PST
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 287