Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 09:06:54 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: New Waypoint Update  (Read 20247 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2013, 01:44:47 am »

Updating Waypoints today!

You still need to have a Waypoint clickie, and give it money, but you should be able to say in chat without any npc targeted either "Waypoint" or "Instance" to bring up a menu for creating and managing instances.

This will still use the old credit system, so if you have a balance for waypoints, it will still be there.

But the instance system in different, so you'll have to make new instances if you had any before this update.

Here are some screenshots:

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 06:31:28 am »

Just a reminder you can guild / raid invite multiple players in 1 command with their names separated by comma

Example: raid invite Fugitive, Natedog, Hateborne

Would invite all 3 of those players at the same time into your raid.

Also, you do not need to have a pet up to make an instance. The pet is only for turning in money.

You can create/enter instances without any pets spawned! Having the clickie in your inventory will adjust the prices for either Regular or Free Waypoint Prices.

Do not put Free Waypoint in your power source slot cause hasitem does not see it there, and you'll be charged crazy prices.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 06:38:32 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 07:42:12 am »

Sweet work! Its so nice not having to target the waypoint, and the option to make raid instances is priceless:) thank you!

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 08:21:03 am »

People already complaining in game that they have to type "enter guild" on each guild member to enter /sadface

Anyone use in game hotkeys?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 01:46:11 pm »

People already complaining in game that they have to type "enter guild" on each guild member to enter /sadface

Anyone use in game hotkeys?

People complain about the smallest things these days, chances are its the same person, with multi accounts

All is needed is commands like
/bca //say raid join toonname
/bca //say enter guild
etc etc

on a side note, as another thing people have mentioned is the pop up box, having to close it on diff toons

heres a command to get rid of it from main toon
/bca //notify largedialogwindow LDW_OkButton leftmouseup

Hope it helps
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 02:01:32 pm by Aeryn » Logged

Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 02:31:00 pm »

This is interesting. I can't wait to get off work and try it tonight Smiley I'm also going to try that command line to click the dialog boxes cuz they can get annoying. I'll hotkey it too just so I don't lose it.
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 04:43:44 pm »

So, solo instance refreshing? does not work. I create and enter the solo instance, kill for 15 mins, then delete solo instance. I then say create solo instance and it assigns me to the one I am already in.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 05:09:05 pm »

If you delete an instance, you free up the instance ID. Yes, the instance IDs do get recycled and reused again.

Seems you need to be in the same (public) zone to invite someone. You can be in instance and still invite someone that is sitting in public, just need to be same zone name!

It it seems the instance has disappeared and you need to recreate, its cause its not seeing the qglobal. I may have to use DBI to read the qglobals for 100% chance to work without illusion that it disappeared.

Should be easy to add/convert to DBI, basically just create a custom sub to read the value of the qglobal, and then swap out the qglobals{name} with the new sub ().
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 08:42:46 pm by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 05:10:51 pm »

If you delete an instance, you free up the instance ID. Yes, the instance IDs do get recycled and reused again.

Seems you need to be in the same (public) zone to invite someone.

It it seems the instance has disappeared and you need to recreate, its cause its not seeing the qglobal. I may have to use DBI to read the qglobals for 100% chance to work without illusion that it disappeared.

Should be easy to add/convert to DBI, basically just create a custom sub to read the value of the qglobal, and then swap out the qglobals{name} with the new sub ().

That was partially how I dealt with instance IDs. I created a generic table in the database to handle the IDs. Although it did result in more DB interaction, it never failed to read the instance ID properly.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 05:26:59 pm »

I'll start converting the reading of qglobals to DBI and see if that lags the server much, and still keep a copy of the old code in case it does lag.

So will be new project for me over next few days.

For now keep testing the new instances and keep me posted on all the things that are happening with it.

You may not need to do ALL of them. Simply variables that need to be made available to everyone IMMEDIATELY without fail. Otherwise, qglobals may still work (though the DB stuff will be fairly reliable in my flawed opinion).

-Hate

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 05:04:11 am »

I found out why there was problems trying to invite players in a different zone.

You can now invite anyone in any zone from any zone, public or instance, different zone names, etc. It all works.

Same with remove, works from/to any zone.

If the player is in a different zone name when getting removed, he'll get a message but not zone. If the player being removed is in the same zone name, then it will teleport them to a public version.

I wiped the instances that were created for reboot, and you'll have to recreate them now. This is to start fresh with no issues. Instances will be free for the next day or two for testing purposes.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Duluum

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 05:24:34 am »

really nice feature, will enjoy test asap

Regarding raid instances :
as raids reset with server reboot, will the raid leader/owner of the instance be able to re-invite fellows in a new raid after reboot, and then back in raid instance as long as it lasts ?

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 05:36:12 am »

I reset instances during reboot only 1 time, it won't happen every reboot.

Instances are free for a day or two

Yes, you can re-create your instances, and invite your fellows into the new raid.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 07:26:45 am »

Updated!

Version 1.8.4

http://pastebin.com/9B0hWVCC

Changes are listed on the top of the source code.

The biggest change is that the instances now use DBI.

Reading Qglobals now by using DBI to 100% guarantee seeing the values qglobals for credit balance, if instance is created, list of invited players etc. Still don't know why randomly 5% chance for zones to not refresh memory what the qglobals are. DBI fixes this, possibly at the cost of performance (so far haven't noticed any performance hit). The new sub for reading qglobals is small and simple, returns the value of the qglobal. Did a find/replace on all the $qglobal{$variable} with the new sub fuction name.

Writing to the Qglobals table works the same way as before with setglobal command.

Fixed minor bug that players needed to be in the same public zone to invite each other into raid or guild instances. Now the leader can invite any player that is in any zone public or instance etc.

Also can now remove a player from the invite even if the player is in a different zone. When removing a player, it will zone them to the public version of the current zone the player is in if they are in the same zone name as the instance they were removed from. Else if they are in a completely different zone, then they will get the message but won't be teleported to the public version since there is no need. You can re-invite players after they have been removed/banned from the instance.

Players without guild can no longer create a guild instance with id of -1 and it will tell them that they have no guild if trying to create.

Enjoy!

Hunter - EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 10:07:42 am »

For what it's worth, thank you for taking out time to write the new instance system. It will make life better for everyone and hopefully cut down on random instance deletion.

-Hate

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022