Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 03:12:06 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Brawlers Charm  (Read 27069 times)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010, 04:17:44 pm »

Ok, doubled the time and parsed my monk 2 times. One with no charm, one with lvl 17 guardian charm and finally again with lvl 25 brawlers. I turned my crits on to get a crit percentage also.

Monk (no charm)
Total Dmg: 1938428
Time: 602 seconds
Dps: 3220
Hits: 2695
Crit %: 46.2
Max: 2073 (did crit dragon fang of 2400)
Average: 719

Monk (17 guardian charm)
Total Dmg: 1941265
Time: 602 seconds
Dps: 3225
Hits: 2756
Crit %: 44.2
Max: 2073
Average: 704

Monk (25 brawlers charm)
Total Dmg: 2487701
Time: 601 seconds
Dps: 4132
Hits: 3207
Crit %: 44.7
Max: 2073
Average: 775

Allizia

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2010, 04:58:28 pm »

I don't get why it has such a drastic increase for your monk and such a minute increase for rogue, your critical hit % actually went down using it so it must be the haste/attack
Allizia

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010, 05:00:59 pm »

Even then it's still around only a 25% or so increase for 25 ranks of brawler
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2010, 05:44:18 pm »

I don't know if it is possible at all but a single target 1500 proc would be really nice.

Allizia

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2010, 01:08:37 am »

Ranger parse:

self buffed using bow click, full T2, rank 1 brawler, tacvi arrow and quiver

DPS: (4480.2) 2240.1 X 2 (Target dummy is rooted for half damage)
Crit %: 99.1

After learning about monks and rangers a bit, I think my previous log on The Tranquil was accurate and I was in range, I just didn't know both classes had access to such high critical %'s.

It seems like the melee dps classes are somewhat on par with each other, they just don't really improve much after 3.0's. I'm also not sure what benefit rangers would get from increased brawlers charm criticals if 3.0 bow click is 100%
Allizia

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2010, 01:14:32 am »

It would still be nice to see rogues and monks come out on top though.

They are the ones with situational damage, they must deal with enrage, they require constant user input, they must stay in range (requires constant vigilance on T3 bosses) and rogues absolutely must be behind the target or the dps drops to nothing.

It would also be nice to see more of a bonus or a different effect given to brawlers charm. There is one class that gains nothing from additional criticals (rangers) and it just isn't on par with other charms.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 01:19:00 am by Allizia » Logged
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2010, 01:35:22 am »

Before the parsing data I was thinking the + to crit was working on the brawlers charm but after looking at it it seems the damage boost comes purely from the haste. I forgot to mention what haste was involved. 70% on the without a charm parse and the guardian parse. 125% on the lv25 brawlers. My average hit went up just a little bit but my over all dps and total number of hits is where I got my damage increase. My % to crit actually went down but I feel like it fits within the RNG range.

I am all about some monk damage. I played a monk on live and always come back to eq because there is just no other monks on any other game. I like monking. That being said, in all fairness I am glad the rogue can out dps a monk because rogue dps is even more situational than monks. A rogue takes a lot more management than a monk does, so it makes sense that you put more work in it and you get more out of it. I do however wish there was a way to scale up melee dps for rogue and monk to make them at least be able to compete with warrior dps.

Allizia

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2010, 01:48:17 am »

Just for giggles:

10 minute parse from my wizard, self buffed, Full T2 with most "of the arch magi" accessories for mana regen, partial mana regen auged, 3 pieces of T3 loot and the T3 wizard spell (15,000ish base damage X2 for 25,000 base mana)

Wizard was meleeing using 3.0 with mossy stone and black diamond of regeneration between casts (lol) This was mainly to keep the practice dummy agro so I didn't have to combine fights in the parser, but it did add 67 dps.

DPS: 1308.7
Crit%: 8.1
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 01:51:29 am by Allizia » Logged
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2010, 01:55:47 am »

manastone down and have someone heal you and cast as soon as you get enough mana.  your dps will go waaaaay up.
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2010, 10:43:18 am »

I need to figure out how to compare a dps group with and without a bard.

Poop
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2010, 11:01:06 am »

DPS: 1308.7
Crit%: 8.1

I feel you can do better than this (not much better) just having a Druid regen buff. My wiz has mostly T1 some T2. Manaburns for about 84K. With Druid regen can get back to full mana in well under the one minute reuse time spamming CG manastone.

So without casting any other spells is about 1400 dps.

What are the stats on the T3 spell? I don't have that. Base damage? Cast time? damage type(fire, magic...)?

Unfortunately Wizzies get way too many resists.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Allizia

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2010, 12:42:16 pm »

Getting off track again, all parses are stand alone dps, no heals, no druids, no bard songs, no enchanter haste, no outside buffs.

I am fairly confident I could break 10k dps on warrior with bard songs, but that's not the point of this.

There is however quite a bit I can do, the wizard is still a work in progress, I will parse him again at 41 sorc with max mana regen augs/gear
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2010, 01:01:33 pm »

Wow Brawler's trouble again? Guess i was stupid to have thought the last fix would put this to rest..

It's clear it's increasing dps/crits no matter by how much. It's not MEANT to make you EQJesus so if that's what people are going for i'm sorry but you're looking for the wrong results. I think the charm is doing just fine though i'm at that point where i think the charm should just get removed entirely cause it's clear it'll never be completely fixed by everyone's standards. =/

If you all seriously without a shadow of a doubt 100% think this needs fixed...again...i'll look into it one last time, but you're going to all have to tell me exactly what you guys are expecting word for word for each and every rank this time, no more assumptions from me. That way if it's still broke it's your guys' problem.

P.S. you can only add TWELVE effects to a spell and the critical increases alone take up 11, it's also going to be damn near impossible to make a Brawler's charm react differently to give worthwhile effects to every single class unless you want to make a quest script that checks your class against the database and gives you the same charm with a different effect based upon your class and by that point it's just getting ridiculous.

Blood of the Akkadian
Allizia

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2010, 02:44:06 pm »

In my opinion it could use a general melee damage modifier if possible. Something along the lines of 10-15% additional melee damage per focus rank to go along with the haste / attack / crit rating. There should be a reason for people to want the brawlers charm other then a lack of options. Remember that these are far from easy to get, most people will never max one, and they should show some obviously noticeable results

This thread was not about complaining, it was just about showing data and the numbers to those that make the decisions ^.^ I will continue playing my rogue and wizard regardless
Kaldar

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2010, 02:53:28 pm »

I'm no expert on the mechanics of it, but maybe crits isnt the way to go on this charm if it isn't effective in raising total DPS by a huge percentage btt it is maxxed out at 41 or 50.

And I don't think it is intended as a complaint thread, but rather a measure of how its going on this charm.

Personally, I think the brawlers really should double melee DPS at rank 50 because the classes that need it are really that far behind. Maybe if we can get enough real parse info on the various melee classes, say 10 mins each class with and without charm, it can be shown where we are really at.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 02:55:29 pm by Kaldar » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061