Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 03:05:08 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Mage pet root  (Read 12385 times)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2010, 02:32:05 am »

Hunter, is there a way to please get rid of the mage pet casting root? For about the last week or so within 30 seconds of sending in the mage pet in PoD my pet casts root and gets agro. I could understand if it was intentional for the reward vs risk factor but mage 3.0 pet is the only one that casts root. Right now my mage pet is completely useless. It hasn't always been like this. I am very good at keeping my pet on the mobs backside but for some reason the root is getting immediate agro now.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 03:48:26 pm »

removal of mage pet root would make me cry inside, with joy of course

istvaan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 04:55:49 pm »

yeah please remove mage pet root
Daggum

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 05:49:39 pm »

Ranger pet roots too.  Sucks when you are bowing.   Undecided

bufferofnewbies

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 09:13:26 pm »

Could always just request the root be replaced with an ensnare. Double the benefit for mages too...

Alhbie Eurhuckelberry <Brans Flakes> -- Erudite Paladin
Branlenio <Brans Flakes>-- Gnome Mage
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 11:22:42 pm »

Could always just request the root be replaced with an ensnare. Double the benefit for mages too...

This is true.

Im sure this is another thing that will be over looked though. Like all other suggestions to EZ

vhaeraun

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 05:35:17 pm »

I haven't tried this myself, I like the root, snare would be better of course, but here ya guys go...

Advanced Pet Discipline
Level 67/69
5/3
Requires Pet Discipline
Grants you two commands: /pet focus and /pet no cast. /pet focus forces your pet to attack its current target, or whichever target you indicate with /pet attack, no matter what. The pet will not switch targets until its current one dies or you tell it to. /pet no cast forces your pet to not cast its innate pet abilities. Combined with /pet hold, these abilities granted near complete control over your pet.

Mutus
Leucian
Ishiva
Xenh
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 06:16:36 pm »

I haven't tried this myself, I like the root, snare would be better of course, but here ya guys go...

Advanced Pet Discipline
Level 67/69
5/3
Requires Pet Discipline
Grants you two commands: /pet focus and /pet no cast. /pet focus forces your pet to attack its current target, or whichever target you indicate with /pet attack, no matter what. The pet will not switch targets until its current one dies or you tell it to. /pet no cast forces your pet to not cast its innate pet abilities. Combined with /pet hold, these abilities granted near complete control over your pet.

It's been brought up many times that that AA doesn't work on Emu atm

Blood of the Akkadian
vhaeraun

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 06:18:02 pm »

Sorry I never saw it Smiley

Mutus
Leucian
Ishiva
Xenh
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 06:28:08 pm »

It's cool just saying lol If that worked this wouldn't be an issue

Blood of the Akkadian
vhaeraun

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 06:34:55 pm »

Tru dat. I myself like the root tho so far. Have only made it to ldon 5 with 1.5 epic tho haha. Very good aggro, If you can keep pet alive whilst selecting through mobs to get aggro on all with pet, you're golden Smiley Granted like I said, yes would be so much better if it were a snare.

Mutus
Leucian
Ishiva
Xenh
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 09:13:01 pm »

Yes, this root is a pita.
Anyone know why it was implemented?
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 09:41:40 pm »

I haven't played a mage on EZ but I'd assume maybe he tried putting all mage pets into one, if so it would be because the Earth Pet Roots.
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 08:07:37 am »

Pet description says Rathe son... which is the earth pet Smiley
He roots.. saved my life couple times. I would love snare instead... or manaburn or something Smiley
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 08:09:14 am by Lodar » Logged

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 09:22:36 am »

Pet description says Rathe son... which is the earth pet Smiley
He roots.. saved my life couple times. I would love snare instead... or manaburn or something Smiley

The pet description (spell description) means nothing. Spell Descriptions are held in a separate file and the spell file tells the client which description to read. All that means is Hunter copied the Rathe's Son spell then changed the name/spellid/class and level usage and then reassigned it to a completely custom pet without changing the "spell Description" slot. The pet summoned by spells is actually in the database not the spell. All the spell does is direct the effect to the proper NPC to call from the database (MonsterSum1, SUMAIR01, etc) the pet is custom created in the same way an NPC is created from that point on including the "npc_spells_id" column which then directs to another table with a list of spells per ID that tells the server what spell that npc/pet can cast some of which Hunter made custom for certain npcs such as custom zone mobs or pets. All he has to do is find the Root spell from the mage pet's spellid and delete/change it. Requires a little digging but simple fix regardless.

Blood of the Akkadian
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 105
  • Online Ever: 8678