Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2024, 01:43:45 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Resist Tune Up  (Read 33858 times)
Khaoticz

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2013, 01:06:11 pm »

Just to give you an idea of resistance rating needed for HoH, 5 tiers under my current content....

- Ultimate Longsword I  =  100
- RoA under rank 100     =  0
- SoA 27                         =  27
- SoT II                           =  50
- Resist Aug IV x6          =  120
- Resist Aug VIII x3        =  120
- Full T6 gear                  = Obsolete
- Epics                            = Obsolete
- UC                                =  250  T2 players wont have this

A total resistance rating of  ------   1242

You said yourself that it " should in theory " be around 4-5 V augs to be good in hoh

- add another 30 resist since I was using IV's   =  1272

There is no way a T2 group is going to sit there and farm every slot for each character ( mind you T6-7 have 51 slots, T2 has maybe less then half of that ) just to progress into HoH

- Floor 3 is easy with uw and T6 toons, but still very easy to die as well due to needing such a ridiculous amount of resist

- That would mean farming Stone I's for each V they need....say 51 slots needed for a T6/7......... 816 stones to get 51 V augs, per toon

- Less then half say ex: 16 I think its around.... 352 stones per character just to move on

- Full group for T6/7 ......   4896 rank 1 stones
- Full group for T1-T4......  1536 rank 1 stones

- Resist needed for HoH ..... Over 2400 , tested by stone who didnt resist at ~2400
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 06:52:04 pm by Khaoticz » Logged
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 02:38:55 pm »

Yeah, I have to say that if I was new here and I encounter hoh, was told to run on over to tofs for resist augs, go there and start farming that out only to learn I am going to need thousands upon thousands of these augs AND I have to take out my hp augs.... I would have quit. As it is right now I think as the people who are above this content eventually quit we will see our numbers begin to taper off. I would not want to be a newbie right now.

Khaoticz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 02:52:05 pm »

Sucks going from doing pulls of 10 in T6 to getting your ass handed to ya on floor 3
jmaneuv011

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 03:33:18 pm »

Please don't say that.  We don't need every t6 mob casting charm also
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 04:27:58 pm »

For one toon to get a rank 20 aug for a grand total of 100 resists for one slot it will take 524,288 V1's. I can't see someone hoh level making it into floor 3 so they will be relegated to floors 1 and 2 if they have the group makeup to survive. This is for one slot on one toon. That is over 5 million kills. If there is a 5 minute respawn and I am guessing about 30 mobs on floor one or 2 and you keep the mobs down 100% of the time you will need to clear it 174,763 times. With a 5 minute respawn your looking at about 20 MONTHS of solid killing... plus kill time... for one slot... for one toon.

Picking the zone that no one likes and spreading what they don't like about it to other zones and then forcing them to go into that zone so they can go back to the other zones, that they now don't like is not the way to add challenge. It is the way to make people not like the server.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 04:35:35 pm »

HoH spells are unbalanced horribly atm the expectations of what players can do is way over what they are....if players are monkey stomping this zone cause they are 5+ tiers higher DEAL with-it:

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 04:45:45 pm »

To be viable in this zone you need minimum 1900 resists so lets revise what I have on here. To get 1900 resists your going to need to farm out an 18 resist aug for each slot. This brings you down to a much more reasonable 5 months of farming. Per toon. This is horribly broken to an extreme level.

Peign
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 05:05:38 pm »

Players should be monkey stomping a zone that they are 5+ tiers higher than.   Especially when they have the elite of the elite gear.   
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 07:02:05 pm »

Probably going to tweak hohonora to have even lower resist, around maybe 1000, give noobs chance to catch up with Heroic Resist farming in ToFS, which won't take much to resist the -1000 resist checks.

Inside ToFS I think I made lot of the Rank I at -1000 resist check, then Rank II at -3000 resist check, and Rank III at -5000 resist check.
Some spells like root and charm have only 1 rank so I made them higher resist checks.
Going to edit ToFS resist again and make lower. Maybe ranks I, II, and III npc spells will be -1k, -2k, -3, checks instead, so even Fugitive would probably resist stuff on Floors 1-4 but start getting hit again on Floor 5+ unless gets some more resist.
Unranked spells like Roots and Charms, will probalby make them -1k resist checks for now, and then rank them later for higher floors.

My intentions are to add new content and make things more interesting. Personally I think mobs that either cast nothing, or just 1 spell, or player resist all spells by default, is just boring. Getting high heroic resist shouldn't take that long, not like other grind quest like RoA, SoA, UC, etc. Should go a lot faster ranking up your resist. I'm not trying to nerf noobs or make a boring grind.

Stated in game before, that 2012 was about HP (breaking 1 million hp) and this year 2013 is about Resist. Lets see what everyones resist are in about a week or two, and I bet a lot of people will be resisting 100% of stuff with minimum efforts.

Any feed back on T3/T4 zone for Avatars? Killing faster, err umm same rate as before the spell changes? Made their HP lower so hoping to increase how fast can kill them.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Khaoticz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 07:21:55 pm »

Most annoying aspect of ToFS is not being able to resist the continuous knockback / stun effects that happen almost every other second.

....Once you can resist the rain your golden, problem is that never happens
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 07:27:49 pm »

Just going to throw this suggestion out there. Instead of 5 HR per rank make it 50. Give the augs their own slot in Ear, Ring, Face, Neck, Belt and Shoulder. That is 8 slots. At rank 5 that would put you at 2000 HR plus the 550 from your capped resists. To keep people from getting 4k resists with t1 gear just make it so the HR aug rank 6 and up is a different aug slot that wont fit into T1/2 gear. Every couple of tiers of content put the upgraded slot on the new gear you get from that zone. If you make 1 - 5 say fits into the slots I suggested with aug type 3 4 5 and 6 (just throwing random numbers out there, logistics can be worked out) and put a slot type 3 on T1/2 and 4 on T3/4 5 on T5/6 etc. You can then take the 6 to 10 augs and make them 4 5 and 6, 11 to 15 5 and 6, etc. This will keep people coming back to ToFS but not having to spend months and months farming augs. It also allows people to keep the thousands of hp they have put into their armor from t1/2.

Then tweak hoh so that when you go in there you get hit by everything but with the resist augs from ToFS you get hit by nearly nothing... if you are full resist geared. Upping the amount of resists offered gives you a lot more playing room to get it right instead of narrowing it so there is little room for variance.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 07:38:53 pm »

Most annoying aspect of ToFS is not being able to resist the continuous knockback / stun effects that happen almost every other second.

....Once you can resist the rain your golden, problem is that never happens

Just lowered resist for those except I think Stun still has high chance, but root and flux and rains are all much lower -resist checks now.

Some stuff I gotta make ranks, like root, stun, charm, then the rank 1's on floor 1 will all be like -1000 resist check max.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Khaoticz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 07:43:47 pm »

not trying to put you out there xiggie, but a T1 cant get 4k resists Smiley
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2013, 08:01:32 pm »

Oh I know. But if the resist amount was moved up as I suggested and a person spent enough time in there they could certainly get them up that high.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2013, 08:38:21 pm »

not trying to put you out there xiggie, but a T1 cant get 4k resists Smiley

Only need 4k resist on maybe ToFS floors 5-7, maybe just Floor 7.

Lots of stuff got reduced already.

Need to clone a few things though like Root, Stun, Charm, and then make them multiple ranks with different resist chance per floor.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061