Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 06:27:32 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Resist Tune Up  (Read 34043 times)
red2

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2013, 10:55:48 pm »

just cleared most of HoH ( no valor, UW).
pulling a few t6 necro pet would do fine, pull more than 5 and would get raped.
died to abyss, heavens, storms, hate bunch. ironically, lived through first 2 rooms hell. something is not right when a t6 pet cannot survive in HoH. had UC pally healing ( rest grp lived just fine) and was twisting cure clicky.
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2013, 01:30:49 pm »

Hunter,

As it stands, it would take someone over 3 million first floor drops to raise enough HR augs to equip a group of 6 toons with 1 rank 20 aug each...

If you made the augs combine 1+1+1+1 like the leaves in T7 do, it would still take someone 2040 drops to gear a full group of 6 toons with a full set of HR augs.  That's a lot of time committment, and a lot more reasonable than 54 million drops (3 million X 18 slots)...

Please consider changing the combine to something a little more manageable.

Thanks

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2013, 04:59:46 pm »

Balancing zones would be easier if epics and also perhaps armor would have resists on them that would be close to what they met in the zones. That way it would be easier to tune resistances when you add new zones with new npcs with spells. HoH should be more or less trivial for t5+ players. I love the idea of going to new zones to gear up resistancewise though. Makes me think of other mmorpgs that introduced new zones that required players to revisit old zones for resistance gear or other beneficial items to defeat new encounters in new zones. I think we can agree the resistance stones should be obtainable in a faster manner though.

Gilthanas

EZ > EQ Live

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2013, 05:34:25 pm »

Any feed back on T3/T4 zone for Avatars? Killing faster, err umm same rate as before the spell changes? Made their HP lower so hoping to increase how fast can kill them.

Hey Hunter,

It is taking me at least twice as long to clear heavens because even though I can down an avatar in less than 5 seconds, it is almost guaranteed that they will root me for 40 seconds with nearly 1200 resist.

I'm totally cool with every other change you've made, but can you pleeeeease go back to only earth and underworld being able to root?

Just a guess, but I have a feeling you weren't intending for people to have to sit there for 30 seconds in root after the mob is already dead.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2013, 07:35:27 pm »

Joy another 8 of 12 dead...(T7)

Floor 1 and 2 just stun twirl after stun twirl... 3,150 Resists..

I forgot... where is the fun supposed to be?? .. Gravity Flux every goon in T7 and massive DD/AoE ... get that off the attack chance.. it is procing over kill..

None of this is FUN at all.. I still don't even understand the reasoning behind all this..

The EZ grind was fun now it's just not worth doing a maxxed toon ++ toon can't even ..... whatever

and if you don't have a donator clicky cure.. you are FK'D

and it's also nice to know .. how ever much you grow your toon it will take you the same amount of time to clear as it did when you started.. wow .. f u n

if you are going to make it that retarded hard .. make the bat chance way higher and more drops.. there is no reward for that.. even full T7 still getting wailed on period.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 08:10:45 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2013, 07:58:11 pm »

I willbe your noob guinea pig.

Just getting to hoh

My toons are Dinadas war (almost full 25 charms) 3.0's
Skuge Pally (full 25 charms ready full v2) 3.0
mulcis Shm(25 oracle) 3.0
Shehez Mage crap charms 3.0
Yesharke zerker 22sorc 3.0
Vutaa zerker 7 sorc 3.0

Finishing my charms then will try hoh 550 resists mostly full Aa respectively dps/tanking etc

No Roa and no augs 400k currently one crafter guild character.

One thought from a noob, maybe 2 components from PoD could combine to make a stone, would make progression more linear if I need heroic resist to do HOh.  If floor 1 of tofs is camped I can't afford to instance that zone to farm as a new player.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2013, 08:00:02 pm »

/who loping all

There are no players in Everquest that match those who filters.

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2013, 02:07:11 am »

I'll be doing more tweaks this weekend, focus on why mobs cast more often than they should, some lower resist rates, and maybe remove stuns etc. Already removed Avatars charming you.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2013, 02:21:19 am »

Until I get time to test things further to make them work as intended, I've edited the resist for Roots, Stuns, Flux to be about -300 check for ToFS, T3/T4, and T7 which should make these spells a non issue now.

NPC Charm player removed from Avatars.

Flux and other spells with push back effects had their distance shorted to 1.

Will go into affect after reboot. No spell file needed yet.

Should be easy mode again, minus some of the rains or debuffs to deal with.

Will work on it more this weekend. Right now taking a break from stuff, and reading email/feed back of course.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Gilthanas

EZ > EQ Live

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2013, 02:19:06 pm »

Until I get time to test things further to make them work as intended, I've edited the resist for Roots, Stuns, Flux to be about -300 check for ToFS, T3/T4, and T7 which should make these spells a non issue now.

Thanks a ton Hunter.
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2013, 03:45:10 am »

Thanks a ton Hunter.

+100

Khaoticz

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2013, 06:16:41 am »

I've barely played lately so take what I say with a grain of salt, but...

Just to give an idea on resists my warrior is full T4/4.0/UC1/SoT1 and my resists are 850. My other warrior is full T4, but no UC or SoT and his resists with full AA are 550.

Your resists do not add up...

UCv1 = 250
SoT1 = 25

Your 4.0's and T4 are obsolete when it comes to HR.

Which if your main has those his resists should be 825 not 850.
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2013, 09:42:28 am »

Had my first trip into HoH with my group of 6.

At 550-600 resists my group resisted the stun and root pretty consistently, the AE poison, debuff, disease looking debuff were all landing, not sure if I resisted them or not ever.  I logged it if someone wants to parse it for data.

I think the only reason I didn't wipe to the dot was on my very first pull the RNG was gracious and gave me the new SHM group heal, so if a fight ended with the dot i could patch the group and run to the next fight so the pally proc could cleanse it.

Though my Mage and one zerker died to the dot a few times, when I missed it.  I got my 3.5 book on my pally, but will hold off on turnins until it's fully tweaked for the sake of science.

As is, it felt like a natural progression from PoD to HoH.  I didn't feel underpowered, and without augs I wasn't killing things ultra fast, Shadow fight took awhile.

I think I would have had a tough time, if i hadn't gotten the group heal right away though.  Several wipes due to RC3 being down or the shaman cure being a long cast.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2013, 10:11:07 am »

The resists and whatnot were changed a night or 2 ago, and things arent anywhere near as bad as they were, Woog. Also I think charm was removed.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2013, 11:09:02 am »

Yeah, I know that.

But as the T2 noob guinea pig, I'm saying with base resists things are still landing with the current changes.

Since hunter said he was going to tweak it more i thought as is reply was needed.  Some of the spells still land on me consistently, might be balanced for a just finished PoD group. 

Maybe there is away to have the equal of "heroic" mode from WoW where there is an NPC at the start of the zone that you can hail and have it respawn the zone with the tweaked mobs.  And the reward being no pages and maybe double loot, etc.  Maybe there is a way of disabling that in the public version and keep it instances, or as part of the new instance code.  Would allow people farming do it more efficiently with the challenge.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 223