Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 05:25:29 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Author Topic: Resist Tune Up  (Read 34014 times)
Hampage

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2013, 08:18:32 pm »

I'd prefer there be some rhythm or reason to what is casting what is all.  Instead of everything can cast everything mode.

This is one thing I don't understand about these changes. HoH used to have different avatars cast different spells. It was interesting and when you were new to the zone you didn't really know what to expect, I tell you the first time I got gravity fluxed by the Avatars of Storms (or is it skies?) I didn't know what the hell happened. Fighting the avatars of Hell, if you didn't know they had a massive damage shield you would continually die to them like I did for the first several clears I did of that zone. Valor stunned, Earth rooted. Each avatar had its own spells and when breaking into the zone they were tough enough.

Now everything casts the same spells, so why even have the different models in there?, just make them giant human models and call it a day.
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2013, 09:23:56 pm »

Now everything casts the same spells, so why even have the different models in there?, just make them giant human models and call it a day.

Honestly, why not bunch everything mob in zone into a single room! Aha sounds like a plausible idea to me
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2013, 07:01:47 am »

Heavens rampage
Earth root or snare, or druid based DS.
Storms - 10k lightening AE
Skies - G flux
Underworld - while alive boost melee damage of avatar(2 horses would = shadow level of dps) (Not sure this is possible coding wise)
Hell - lifetap ~10k
Abyss - 45k over 6 ticks dot uncurable magic based
Hate - mem blur or maybe some mechanic that makes them lock onto someone other then the tank, also not sure this is possible
Valor - one LoH, or a mechanic that they will protect the avatar if it gets under a certain HP point and suicide for AE damage, or stun.

I think most of these would not impact over tiered players, healing and hp wise would just be a wash, and would keep on tier people on their toes.

And leave the avatars with just the Poison Dot, similar to random PoD dragons just dot.
Gannicus

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2013, 11:28:01 pm »

Why not revert back to what HOH used to be per avatar base, not add ridiculous things like such to what was working fine before all this craziness started going on.

- Not that I have much room to talk as i'm no longer active, t5 got the best of me lol
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2013, 01:07:06 am »

Why not revert back to what HOH used to be per avatar base, not add ridiculous things like such to what was working fine before all this craziness started going on.

- Not that I have much room to talk as i'm no longer active, t5 got the best of me lol

I already did 2 days ago but nobody noticed.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2013, 02:20:38 pm »

Seems these in the rule values table might affect the way things are being resisted:

Spells:AutoResistDiff
Spells:ResistChance
Spells:ResistMod
Spells:ResistPerLevelDiff
Spells:ResistFalloff

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hampage

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2013, 04:35:13 pm »

I already did 2 days ago but nobody noticed.

Hmm, I created a guild instance of HoH last night and cleared it once before bed, they all appeared to still be casting every spell, I know Storms didn't gravity flux, Earth didn't root and Hell had no DS
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2013, 06:00:07 pm »

Sigh, I'm not sure what is broken. I put their old spell group ids back on.

Going to see what other edits I can do to fix it.

Has something to do with npc spells table.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2013, 06:54:56 pm »

Sigh, I'm not sure what is broken. I put their old spell group ids back on.

Going to see what other edits I can do to fix it.

Has something to do with npc spells table.

Dump the npc_spells table and npc_spells_entries tables to CSV, toss them my way (along with all the crafting IDs from last week or the week before).

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2013, 05:01:18 pm »

Hate, I sent ya email with info.

Also I continue to tweak ToFS, HoH, and T7 npc spells each day. Most of them are (should be) only 1% chance to cast per melee swing. Trying other stuff too like priority orders, resist rules, etc.

HoH already reverted back to their original spells, instead of 1 bigger spell group.

I would like to make each npc cast different spells. Just takes time. Before doing that need to find out why a 1% chance to cast a spell is going off with about 50% chance.

I got 50+ emails every day about EQ and hard to reply to everyone. I still read them all though if you have any feed back on current status of npc spells, and I read forums here too obviously. Just keep the feed back coming, and I'm sure we'll figure this out.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2013, 05:08:14 pm »

Here is link to schema for npc_spells_entries table:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=EQEmuDBSchemanpcspellsentries

Priority field will attempt to choose lowest value first as highest priority spell to cast.

I was trying priorities like:

Example Spell List:
-----------------------
1 - Stun
1 - Root
2 - DoT 1
2 - DoT 2
3 - Rain / AoE 1
3 - Rain / AoE 2
3 - Rain / AoE 3
4 - Blind
4 - Mana Drain
4 - Mez
5 - Charm

This way a fight would usually start off with a mob rooting you, then next time he'd dot you, then next he'd rain, and finally last thing mob would do is charm. Would be annoying if charm was top priority each fight.

Now I'm wondering, lets say the RNG choose to use Priority 3. Maybe its casting all the spells listed as priority 3 instead of choosing just 1 of the 3 spells in priority 3?

I might be noobing this up, dunno.

Also sent the npc spells tables to Hateborne to look at too.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2013, 05:17:21 pm »

Not sure what this does either:

Spells:NPCIgnoreBaseImmunity   true   Whether or not NPCs get to ignore the BaseImmunityLevel for their spells.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2013, 06:04:29 pm »

Now I'm wondering, lets say the RNG choose to use Priority 3. Maybe its casting all the spells listed as priority 3 instead of choosing just 1 of the 3 spells in priority 3?

I might be noobing this up, dunno.

I did a test today in T7 when tanking a single npc for 5 minutes. He had 71 spell casts. 11 of them was either root/stun/flux. The 60 remaining was the rain spell. This probably shows pri. list is working. But you might also be onto something when it comes to casting all pri 3 at the same time. During several of the npc melee rounds in my 5 min test, the rain spell was casted up to 3 times in one round.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2013, 06:28:10 pm »

I did a test today in T7 when tanking a single npc for 5 minutes. He had 71 spell casts. 11 of them was either root/stun/flux. The 60 remaining was the rain spell.

good info for Hunter
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 06:48:58 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2013, 11:03:10 am »

Just probably a dumb idea...Smiley
Wouldn't it just be easier and possibly better if things went back to the way it was for lower tiers?  and just add the heroic resists to later tiers/progression and the gear you obtain from it?

If lower tiers now require heroic resists, shouldn't the gear/epics you obtain from the tiers have at least a little bit on them?   Why should epics and gear that you obtain from these tiers be obsolete.   

Just seems like some things were overlooked when making this update around the board.    Maybe needing heroic resists shouldn't start until a specific teir where you can just add those resists to the items that drop in those tiers.   That way, you start off struggling in that tier and then eventually as you collect gear you can meet expectations. 

Possibly make tofs floors 1/2 like a progression 6.5 tier to get those players ready for t7 resist needs.   remove the needed heroics from the lesser tiers since the gear/epics obtainable at those levels doesn't have any on it.

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 223