Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 01:42:04 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cara Omica-ToFS  (Read 6338 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2013, 06:20:50 pm »

Ok I have spent DAYS in ToFS and can not get her to spawn.  Killed all the trash and visited Allakhazams just to make sure (as the original spawning method is the same, as I understand it to be).  You kill Amonptamaphat (orwhatever his name is) and that spawns Cara (who drops the key).  I have kill Amon and have not seen Cara spawn.  i have killed hundreds of ancient mummies (even have a nice shiny new Stone of Heroic Resistance 8 to show for it...still no Cara.  Any clues or tips...is it just RNG screwing with me? Thanks...and apologize if sounding pissed I am just aggravated at spending all weekend in here in an attempt to get keyed....as i have have had keys to this floor from when zone first became available...stopped coming here after I could progress further.  Other than that nice changes to the zone, Hunter.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 06:55:33 pm »

#Amontehepna has a 100% chance to spawn #Cara_Omica at a specific XYZ location (not on top of you) on 4th floor.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 02:00:05 pm »

I've been able to spawn the named mummy a total of 1 time in 3 solid days of camping floor 4.  I've roamed the whole zone making sure to clear every spawn multiple times, I've concentrated on a few clustered areas in public and instances with no luck.  The spawn mechanic seems pretty lame and is nothing but a time sink.  I don't mind beta testing this zone, but I don't know of anyone that's had much for luck with this particular key.  I guess I could probably try chain spamming instances to see if I can get lucky and spawn him that way, but shouldn't really have to resort to that.  Anyone else having luck with this key?
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 04:22:03 pm »

Okay, having some luck and think I figured it out.  Second Cara in a couple hours, so I'll see if it's a pattern.
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 04:38:53 pm »

She spawns the same spot as live, does she not?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 04:41:45 pm »

Yeah she spawns in the same spot, but triggering the named mummy to pop her is the challenge.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 07:32:05 pm »

If I remember, #Amontehepna might spawn in a very specific location with a place holder.

Remember Seb key? People found impossible to find the Froglok Hunter and Forager? Until they discovered the place holders and that it was only 2 minute respawn?! Oh ok, its easy then.

I'm sure you'll figure it out Smiley

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 07:33:53 pm »

Amontehepna been on the west side east side north side @ zone in.. Just keep killing It will pop.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 07:57:07 pm »

Its 10 minute respawn time zone wide, you could get it to pop in like 30-60 minutes if you know where the PH was Smiley

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 08:01:55 pm »

Yeah, I've farmed 4 keys in last couple hours and just 1 more to go before I move my group onto next floor.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 08:02:41 pm »

Any guides online for ToFS will go a long way. I didn't change that much in the zone. Keys drop off same name bosses. They have same place holders or spawn triggers. Only thing I really did was make the mobs harder, added more mobs (cloned them), some custom loot, etc.

Some mobs have higher chances than other for same thing too. For example, the wedding on Floor 7, the wedding members standing in line will have highest chance to spawn an enraged relative, while the other trash in the zone has super rare chance to spawn it. So you could kind of target what you wanted, either farm trash in the outside circle, or go to the inside circle where the wedding is and try to spawn boss.

Other named have higher chance at stuff too like Librarian has high chance, although any student/scholar would spawn too.

Ok, thats enough spoiling for now. Floors 1-6 is the easy part. Floor 7 is real challenge.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678