Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:02:52 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Time for T5, or more prep?  (Read 7811 times)
Gilthanas

EZ > EQ Live

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2013, 12:37:51 pm »

Hey guys,

Would you start working on T5 with this group, or continue preparing?

The Good Characters:

War with 4.5, UC, and over 300k hp buffed
Pally with 4.0, UC, and full T4
Monk with 4.0s, UC, NS 7's, and full T4

The Bad Characters:

Cleric with 4.0, lvl 11 oracle, full T4
Rogue with 4.0s, lvl 11 sorc, NS 4's, half T3 half T4
Paladin with 4.0, lvl 11 oracle, full T2

I'm pretty sure the 'good' characters are good enough to handle most of the zone by themselves, what do you think?

If anything, I'm thinking maybe try to get rogue his lvl 41 sorc and NS 7's, and get one of the secondary healers oracle 41. DEFINITELY not ready to start another UC, but I think secondary paladin would be next UC. Sound about right?
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 12:54:31 pm »

This is completely my opinion of course but, I would consider UC on the cleric before the  second pally.

Im doing T5 right now with war pal monk all in T4 with UC, monk has ns5 ns5 is3 *4
Then i have cleric bard shaman in t4 no UC. Im doing just fine tho dps could certainly be better, I can clear the zone in the 4 hours before repops and bosses are no problem. The only thing I'd mention to think about it that if any of the three without a UC get aggro first, they die all to quickly to be healed, so once in a while killing a boss I'll lose a bard or cleric lol. Again just something to think about, you will do just fine with that group.
Gilthanas

EZ > EQ Live

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 12:57:21 pm »

Thanks for the good insight Anuli.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 12:58:19 pm »

I am in T5 with far less charms than you are. I only have 1 toon that is UC'd and the rest are not even close. You will be fine.

Keeze
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 01:31:51 pm »

The one thing that improved my play in T5 was to UC any melee toon.  Prior to doing that I spent more time than necessary ressing when doing corals.  I still cleared them in the 4 hour limit, but once the UCs were done the aggravation went away.  My advice... jump on in there and see how you fare.  Mileage will vary.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 04:27:30 pm »

The second pally that is full T2, he is the one that will eat it quite often. You are doing well imo with having half your group be heals, that is a very good setup to have. Point of it being you can take that death and not wipe everytime. That is one I would definitely work out getting fully geared but I would prolly just jump on in there in t5 with breaks here and there getting back gear and possibly mixing in some charm farming.

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 05:51:45 pm »

Not sure if your cleric is going melee. If he's just for heals I would suggest you have his /stick further behind the melee. As he seems vulnerable to damage for the moment.

In any case once you enter, fight a bit, you will quickly see if any of the chars take too much damage/dying in which case they need more hp.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 05:55:27 pm by Sarthin » Logged

Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 07:09:47 am »

Anyone without a UC will die a lot when doing corals. Not sure if this is an underwater positioning thing or if they are randomly immune to hate. I have 12 in my group and only 2 UC's and I have to res anywhere from 0-3 toons after killing each coral. Can get pretty frustrating after a while but if you don't mind it then jump on in. But as Xiggie said, take breaks and charm farm every once in a while. The UC's will make things go much faster.

Hulkmad
Duluum

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 08:14:20 am »

Maybe breaking through an open door but corals are perma-rooted : they hit your closest char.
Either set a bigger stick distance for glass-toons, or make sure your tank is the closest one.

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 12:59:00 pm »

Anyone without a UC will die a lot when doing corals. Not sure if this is an underwater positioning thing or if they are randomly immune to hate. I have 12 in my group and only 2 UC's and I have to res anywhere from 0-3 toons after killing each coral. Can get pretty frustrating after a while but if you don't mind it then jump on in. But as Xiggie said, take breaks and charm farm every once in a while. The UC's will make things go much faster.

/stick 5 uw on main tank and /stick 12 behind uw on the rest...

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 01:19:41 pm »

/stick 5 uw on main tank and /stick 12 behind uw on the rest...

I honestly thought I had my tank sticking closer. I just checked my script and I had tank at 15 and rest at 10....this explains to much...

Hulkmad
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 01:55:55 pm »

Hey guys,

Would you start working on T5 with this group, or continue preparing?

The Good Characters:

War with 4.5, UC, and over 300k hp buffed
Pally with 4.0, UC, and full T4
Monk with 4.0s, UC, NS 7's, and full T4

The Bad Characters:

Cleric with 4.0, lvl 11 oracle, full T4
Rogue with 4.0s, lvl 11 sorc, NS 4's, half T3 half T4
Paladin with 4.0, lvl 11 oracle, full T2

I'm pretty sure the 'good' characters are good enough to handle most of the zone by themselves, what do you think?

If anything, I'm thinking maybe try to get rogue his lvl 41 sorc and NS 7's, and get one of the secondary healers oracle 41. DEFINITELY not ready to start another UC, but I think secondary paladin would be next UC. Sound about right?

I was clearing T5 with oracle 4 on cleric, UCv2 on Hate (wiz), UC on SK, Sorc 50 on other two wizards, and UC on bard. I had one aug on bard (NS5) and three on SK (FS5). It was slow going, but it was doable. Cleric and bard had maybe half of their slots filled with HP augs, SK was all HP augs, wizards were all mana regen augs (and still mostly are).

At the time, the mana necklace did not exist so they were all using whatever I found lying around.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Gilthanas

EZ > EQ Live

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 09:28:58 am »

Thanks for the advice guys. Here are my findings after experimenting (mainly for others who are soon to break into T5)

- all the chars with UC's pretty much never die. War can't be killed unless you're like me and just happen to have 2 bosses spawn directly on top of each other!

- Clearing corals takes about 2 - 2.5 hours. Really only using 1 dps for this (the monk). The dps has UC and the best strikes he can possibly have at this point, so each of his rounds does about 1 million damage.

- Characters without UC get killed by rampage all the time. I think the cutoff is about 150k hp. Any less than that, and expect to rez that character constantly.

I may technically be ready for T5, but I've decided to try and get the cleric his UC as well so I don't have to worry about him dying ever. I'm sure I'm going to want him to have his UC before T6 anyway.

Going to slowly work rogue up to have as good of dps as the monk. Hoping that will reduce coral clear time to about an hour.
Gilthanas

EZ > EQ Live

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2013, 09:34:40 am »

You are doing well imo with having half your group be heals, that is a very good setup to have.

I believe this was actually your idea lol. I had a thread a while back about group balance.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 89