Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 08:45:53 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Updates 05-11-13  (Read 15794 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2013, 05:41:24 am »

Revamped the Teleporters and the Level_Up NPC.

The Teleporter now looks at your level and uses that for a flag.

To increase your level, hail the Level_Up NPC. Will get only +1 level per hail due to way code was written, will write it some more later so 1 hail gets all the levels together instead of having to hail it again for each flag/level.

Level 76 is max level, and requires all 14 peices from Loping Plains (7 jewelry/accessory slots + 7 regular armor slots). If you have your back slot in the bank, then get it out so the npc sees you have the item.

Temple Veeshan (T8) is now open for testing, requires level 76 to enter.

NPC damage may need to be adjusted. Most people will probably not survive here unless max all gear.

A few items are place holders, like the mount, or weapon graphics, which will replace/update soon.

New spell file available for download.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 05:47:54 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 07:41:38 am »

Didn't have a lot of time today, but wanted to try a few things for ya Hunter...

Chain aggro is a little carried away...  Pulling in the first hallway got me the whole hallway, plus mobs from the floor inside the first doors and down the stairs...  FD does not work, and mobs are immune to mez.  So there is no method of crowd control.

My first suggestion would be to lower the radius of chain aggro, and to make FD work.  Allow people to split the mobs and bring back a manageable pull to the group Smiley

I understand the loot isn't finished, but I was getting all the old loot (research pages, live quest armour, etc).  Yes, I was able to kill a few in between wipes.  Individually the mobs seem reasonable so far, it's just the fact that you can't get a couple at a time using any method

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 10:35:55 am »

I powered through multi-full-wipes and rez and got to kill Gozzrem (go go druid boots (rot)).

-Respawn way to quick (end up with mobs behind us in no time maybe 4+ hours)

-Aggro radius could be a little smaller due to the poor pathing / CC or lack of

-Is there a way to control the amount of times they Wild Rampage seemed like it was firing every attack whole party taking back to back to back 900k+ ramps is rough.. way rough

-Of course wipes on the Boss (Gozzrem) (battle rezzin players in with rez click)  (**Off topic can we get the water requirement removed off it now? haha)

-Didn't see any (new) loot except the Druid boots killed about 40 mobs total (low number overall)

-I like overhealing grps even if I don't need that much, spells still hit me hard going to farm out a few more HR augs for the gimps

-I know just testing out the zone, the XP in zone is really low.

- Very, Very Challenging Zone haven't experienced full wipes in long time (off trash! haha). Of course I don't expect it to be easy by no means. Said we would be rolled... yup we got rolled.

-I had fun, and have to fix a few things with my team in between trying this again

good thing is see below

Lets get ToV out of the way for people crying that they want to see ToV.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 01:52:16 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 10:48:13 am »

Unsure if you've done much ToV, but the pathing there was a nightmare. If the T8 mobs use that same pathing/coding, then people are gonna have some fun ahead of em. Used to play monk and warrior in ToV (both puller and peeler) and you honestly in some of the North rooms could hit a mob at range and watch it run AWAY from you, into clusters of more mobs, circle the room to grab all its friends, then warp onto you. Was insane. The worse spots will be the flats just before Aaryonar with the hatchlings, and around Ikatiar the Venomed. Also the walks up to the triplets north near the old Mischief z in.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 01:45:51 pm »

From messing around here before it was revamped, I've got to say the absolute worst pathing is around Vulak and the 4 way intersection north of him.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 06:12:41 pm »

Made trash stats by cloning a T7 boss.

Didn't even look what all the attack codes were.

So I remove trash ability to summon you, and also you can now Slow, Root, and Snare the trash.

Trash aggro radius reduced to 25. This should help with pathing, trains, etc.

Will continue to tweak stuff in the zone, such as upping the exp for AA.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 08:43:30 pm »

-Is there a way to control the amount of times they Wild Rampage seemed like it was firing every attack whole party taking back to back to back 900k+ ramps is rough.. way rough

This was my experience as well. Even with very high healing groups, it is incredibly difficult (seemingly impossible) to keep non-warriors alive.

The lowered aggro radius definitely made it quite easy to move about the zone and pull singles. It may need to go higher (perhaps 50 to test the middle ground).

Blarr!
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 08:50:17 pm »

T8 - Temple Veeshan
Made zone 8.1 times exp (was 3.5 before).
Trash no longer see through FD.
Aggro radius was originally 75, then 25, and now I made it 35 for now.
Trash respawn changed from 30 minutes to 60 minutes.

Plane of Dragons fixed player.pl to check your level instead of flag when zoning in. Gradually, level is becoming the flag required. See Level_Up NPC in Nexus to check if you qualify for higher level.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 08:48:02 am »

-AE Rampage still going crazy

- Spells are wow-Took 999,999 Spell damage on whole raid (lived the first 1 then roughly 1 sec later wiped all but Tank then 1 sec later 2 999,999 hit tank). 4 x 999,999 in less then a blink...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 09:01:15 am by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 09:39:11 am »

AoE is -1500 resist (I currently resist 100% with my 2k resist) and the single target spell is -4000 resist check, and I just removed it for now since the proc chance seems broken (or the mob swings too fast).

Players that don't have over 1 million HP for the AoE may want to either raise their resist to something like 1850+ or hide around the corner.

I've learned to not over estimate the players, seen them hide around corners before, or ways to up their stonewalls, use bard buffs, DA, etc. And lately I've seen Warriors able to finish off bosses even when their main group died. I realize stonewall but unless someone found 100% stonewall then I'm confused right now.

Will probably add single target -4k resist check spells in again within a day, by using perl code to have specific control on the timing when it cast the spell. I could put it on a 30 second timer, or I could do HP EVENT or whatever.

Not completely sure the mechanics on AoE Rampage. Does it hit you only if your currently attacking it or even afk players get hit if within melee range? How often does it go off? Does it hit if you stand behind the mob?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 09:41:48 am by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2013, 09:57:37 am »

will keep at it with the changes you made, I'll send feedback if things get crazy..VeryHard is good though

-Hate"
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2013, 10:12:09 am »

Not completely sure the mechanics on AoE Rampage. Does it hit you only if your currently attacking it or even afk players get hit if within melee range? How often does it go off? Does it hit if you stand behind the mob?

Area rampage hits everyone in range who is currently on the Hatelist.  Range seems to be determined on how big the NPC is.

The proc chance for AOE rampage is based on Dexterity and the mob level.

(GetDEX() / ((GetLevel() * 0.760) + 10.0)) + 5))

Theres the formula if you wanna find out the exact % it will proc

« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 10:18:46 am by Paldail » Logged

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 06:40:21 pm »

I think the mobs stats are 500 to everything like 500 Dex.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 10:19:11 pm »

T8 looking good !!

I have to do some semi-rebuilding on my teams, I feel they would benefit from more resists without having to UW them.

Hard as Hell still ( in a good way )

-Trash appears to be manageable, still can and will rock ya if you aren't in the zone to play T8.

-Bosses may seem unbeatable at the time being but I feel we can and will come up with ways to get them down. ( we had the freebie boss kills yesterday and this morning. )

Still see some 999,999 damage hits don't be scared of them though, yeah they hurt but oh well it's going to be hard.

Bring those healers Clerics / Shammy / Druids, glad Hateborne made those new spells for them just in time. (hell I was thinking about spot healing with the darn ranger at times..)

Might have to do a raid or two beyond the normal guildmates  Grin

p.s. Bring plenty "Flasks of Water" .. will work the cobwebs off those rez clickies.

TY Hunter for working with this zone.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 10:26:16 pm by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 10:33:50 pm »

Might need bigger heals too, either through new heal spells, or new healing focus. Maybe ranked item for healing focus. Won't be any time soon though, got lots of other stuff to do first, like adding more ranks for the SoA, Mana Necklace, UW X, etc.

Updated the exp mod for the ToV zone and now a solo kill trash gives 3 AA per kill. Of course this will change depending if you are in a group or raid, and if you have exp potions used too. A solo with 250% exp clickie could technically get 10.5 AA per trash kill.

I've learned to never underestimate the players. I'm sure it'll seem hard or even impossible at first, until start trying out new strategies and tactics. And yes there is more tactics than just auto attack plus healing from Paladin/Clerics.

There are choices when preparing for this zone. Warriors may need to choose DPS or Aggro. Players may need to choose resist vs hp. There is definitely a lot of preparing to do before coming to this zone.

As always, thanks to Hate for the new custom spells he's provided for all the tiers so far. I'm sure they help a ton.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057